San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

I went at negative tide and still got wet, but only 'cause I mis-timed the waves going in and out. I may joing you guys just to pick on ya all <_< .

So are we still going to attempt this one tonight?

Anybody else interested in grabbing a few caches before meeting up for BBG? I overslept and missed the outing earlier :)

We didn't make it out of the canyon on time to get over there. I think I wore my legs out also. :blink: Did anyone end up trying for it? I am also willing to give out my cell number if someone ever wants to meet the group (if I am with them). I would have given DaMores a call this afternoon but didn't have his number....

Edited by duganrm

I went at negative tide and still got wet, but only 'cause I mis-timed the waves going in and out. I may joing you guys just to pick on ya all <_< .

Anybody else interested in grabbing a few caches before meeting up for BBG? I overslept and missed the outing earlier :)

We didn't make it out of the canyon on time to get over there. I think I broke my legs also. :blink: Did anyone end up trying for it? I am also willing to give out my cell number if someone ever wants to meet the group (if I am with them). I would have given DaMores a call this afternoon but didn't have his number....

Anything happening Sunday?

TA

Anybody else interested in grabbing a few caches before meeting up for BBG? I overslept and missed the outing earlier :blink:

We didn't make it out of the canyon on time to get over there. I think I broke my legs also. :) Did anyone end up trying for it? I am also willing to give out my cell number if someone ever wants to meet the group (if I am with them). I would have given DaMores a call this afternoon but didn't have his number....

We went. No one showd up....No problems. We started the trek...Made it to the first bend. We were just about to cross when my boy was taken right off the ledge B) . He had his back to the waves.( Huge Mistake) Well not wanting to be the 6 oclock story. I told our group to turn around and head back.

For future GTGs. My numbers is 619-760-3207.

See yous on the trail.

Gene

Anybody else interested in grabbing a few caches before meeting up for BBG? I overslept and missed the outing earlier B)

We didn't make it out of the canyon on time to get over there. I think I broke my legs also. :blink: Did anyone end up trying for it? I am also willing to give out my cell number if someone ever wants to meet the group (if I am with them). I would have given DaMores a call this afternoon but didn't have his number....

TA

Laundry. :)

I went at negative tide and still got wet, but only 'cause I mis-timed the waves going in and out. I may joing you guys just to pick on ya all B) .

Anybody else interested in grabbing a few caches before meeting up for BBG? I overslept and missed the outing earlier :blink:

We didn't make it out of the canyon on time to get over there. I think I broke my legs also. :) Did anyone end up trying for it? I am also willing to give out my cell number if someone ever wants to meet the group (if I am with them). I would have given DaMores a call this afternoon but didn't have his number....

TA

Laundry. B)

#1 Top of the World if it's still cool enough <_<

I went at negative tide and still got wet, but only 'cause I mis-timed the waves going in and out. I may joing you guys just to pick on ya all :blink: .

Anybody else interested in grabbing a few caches before meeting up for BBG? I overslept and missed the outing earlier <_<

TA

Laundry. B)

Sorry we didn't make it. We ended up doing Hunt for Red October and all the caches nearby. We walked 12 miles. Anyhow, we were too tired to do it. Plus the tide wasn't low enough. I think September 9th is our best bet! B)

Ok Chuy! i picked one!!

Thanks <_<

Good choice.

Now we gotta work on Jahoadi and John.

23257778.jpg

KIDDING!

fallingoffbike.gif . falloffbike.gif

faces.jpg

I don't know why I really like this one.

seatbelt.jpg

This is too much fun, but I thnk I better stop before I get in trouble. B)

:blink::)B) I love them all..If we could put a GPS in John's hand on the 1st one it would definitely be my first choice!!! !

Ok Chuy! i picked one!!

Thanks <_<

Good choice.

23257778.jpg

KIDDING!

faces.jpg

seatbelt.jpg

This is too much fun, but I thnk I better stop before I get in trouble. B)

:blink::)B) I love them all..If we could put a GPS in John's hand on the 1st one it would definitely be my first choice!!! !

Harmon!!!!

I went at negative tide and still got wet, but only 'cause I mis-timed the waves going in and out. I may joing you guys just to pick on ya all :unsure: .

Anybody else interested in grabbing a few caches before meeting up for BBG? I overslept and missed the outing earlier <_<

We didn't make it out of the canyon on time to get over there. I think I broke my legs also. ;) Did anyone end up trying for it? I am also willing to give out my cell number if someone ever wants to meet the group (if I am with them). I would have given DaMores a call this afternoon but didn't have his number....

TA

Laundry. <_<

#1 Top of the World if it's still cool enough :rolleyes:

Still pretty humid! It would be good if it was in the 70's (low).. for me anyway.. :ph34r:

Ok Chuy! I picked one!!

Good choice.

23257778.jpg

KIDDING!

faces.jpg

seatbelt.jpg

This is too much fun, but I thnk I better stop before I get in trouble. :unsure:

:rolleyes:<_<<_< I love them all..If we could put a GPS in John's hand on the 1st one it would definitely be my first choice!!! !

Harmon!!!!

Somethng like this?

e4473281-ce84-46be-b495-584b21b184a7.jpg

Of course it can be your GPSr of choice.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I went at negative tide and still got wet, but only 'cause I mis-timed the waves going in and out. I may joing you guys just to pick on ya all :unsure: .

We didn't make it out of the canyon on time to get over there. I think I broke my legs also. ;) Did anyone end up trying for it? I am also willing to give out my cell number if someone ever wants to meet the group (if I am with them). I would have given DaMores a call this afternoon but didn't have his number....

TA

Laundry. <_<

#1 Top of the World if it's still cool enough :rolleyes:

Still pretty humid! It would be good if it was in the 70's (low).. for me anyway.. :ph34r:

yeah, 72 degrees and 98 % humidity - I decided against it when I woke up.

Anyone else doing anything today?

GD Ginger and I are planning on doing the Subterranean caches near Tecate on Sunday, say depart 0530. There are other nearby caches to grab, including the two in Tecate. If anyone wants to join us, let me know. You may convince me to leave at 6a, but I need to start early 'cause I need to return home by 10a'ish. I got room for one fearless soul in my 2wd pickup - no AC!

Edited by Chuy!
GD Ginger and I are planning on doing the Subterranean caches near Tecate on Sunday, say depart 0530. There are other nearby caches to grab, including the two in Tecate. If anyone wants to join us, let me know. You may convince me to leave at 6a, but I need to start early 'cause I need to return home by 10a'ish. I got room for one fearless soul in my 2wd pickup - no AC!

If you don't get any takers, call me Saturday evening. I'm probably dumb enough to go. If it's hot enough, I'll even drive and I do have a/c. Ginger'd probably thank you.

I'll talk to SKILLET and see if he wants to do it on sunday. We were going to do it sat. I talked to Passing Wind and he is up for doing it to. Jahodai and John also will be with us. This is going to be my 1000th find.

May even have FATTBOY with us. I will let you know.

Edited by Team Fatman

I'll talk to SKILLET and see if he wants to do it on sunday. We were going to do it sat. I talked to Passing Wind and he is up for doing it to. Jahodai and John also will be with us. This is going to be my 1000th find.

ohmygosh...would love to hang out with you guys...but I have a 7am. flight to Tampa...............Okay, I'll be with you there in spirit!

ohmygosh...would love to hang out with you guys...but I have a 7am. flight to Tampa...............Okay, I'll be with you there in spirit!

Was just sitting down to e-mail you to see if you wanted to come down and go with us and maybe find a cache for that jeep. Have fun in Tampa. :shocked:

Sunday early sounds great. Meet where ?

SKILLET

If you don't get any takers, call me Saturday evening. I'm probably dumb enough to go. If it's hot enough, I'll even drive and I do have a/c. Ginger'd probably thank you.

I appreciate the gesture, but Ginger is bound to get wet at either of the tunnels; and if not there, then at The Mystery Pools of Potrero Creek, and I don't think you want a dirty smelly dog in your car. It it's too hot, I'll drive the Corolla. Anyone know if it will make the dirtroads to the Ruination caches at Tecate?

How about meet at the Steele Bridge (N32 44.060 W116 56.470) at 6A.

These are the ten caches I'd like to get.

fc27ebe4-4d6f-46a5-a13a-f9cc78e1be84.jpg

Edited by Chuy!

I appreciate the gesture, but Ginger is bound to get wet at either of the tunnels; and if not there, then at The Mystery Pools of Potrero Creek, and I don't think you want a dirty smelly dog in your car. It it's too hot, I'll drive the Corolla. Anyone know if it will make the dirtroads to the Ruination caches at Tecate?

How about meet at the Steele Bridge at 6A.

The caches you posted are in the US? I thought you were going into Mexico to go caching, hmmm, might have to reconsider getting Sunday off work now.

Yes, the Corolla can make it on those roads. They're pretty well traveled by the BP, and they are sitting all around. We had a nice conversation with one of them while doing the Ruination cache that is East of the border. Seems to think the bldg. is some sort of historical site.

Have fun, wish we could join you guys on one of these outings, but we've already been there, done that!

Splashette <_<:unsure:

You've never seen the dog hair in the back seat of the liberty, or the nose prints on the windows.

6 is fine.

I lost almost all of the numbers in my phone when Cingular "upgraded" my SIM, so I don't have your number. Call me Sat evening if it is a go.

You've never seen the dog hair in the back seat of the liberty, or the nose prints on the windows.

6 is fine.

I lost almost all of the numbers in my phone when Cingular "upgraded" my SIM, so I don't have your number. Call me Sat evening if it is a go.

Copy; that'll be great if you can accomodate us; we'll discuss it some more at the meeting place.

Redstareg, there is a Tecate, CA., and a Tecate, Baja California; the ladder be in Mexico. <_<

I don't plan on driving into Mexico!

SKILLET

<_< Sunday 6am at the bridge? Great we get to sleep in!!! If FATTBOY is coming let me know so I can he him a pink sprinkled doughnut!!!

SKILLET

<_< Sunday 6am at the bridge? Great we get to sleep in!!! If FATTBOY is coming let me know so I can he him a pink sprinkled doughnut!!!

I will call him on friday night and I will let you know.

SKILLET

I will call him on friday night and I will let you know.

Perfect time to go.. If my airport pickup is later in the day, me and the two kids can make it. <_< I will bring the jeep. Sounds fun!

Thursday hike/bike/walk/driveby... <_< Any ideas as to what to hit? Tomorrow is showing 85/66 for El Cajon.. Perhaps shadow mountain? I think most of you have covered that area though. Near The real phone pole graveyard

I will put off my puzzles.. :D

<_<

TA

What time? I'm thinking of hitting MTRP from 6p to 10p'ish on the west side of Fortuna (park at end of Clairmont Bld.) I need about 10 or so there.

Thursday hike/bike/walk/driveby... <_< Any ideas as to what to hit? Tomorrow is showing 85/66 for El Cajon.. Perhaps shadow mountain? I think most of you have covered that area though. Near The real phone pole graveyard

I will put off my puzzles.. :D

<_<

TA

What time? I'm thinking of hitting MTRP from 6p to 10p'ish on the west side of Fortuna (park at end of Clairmont Bld.) I need about 10 or so there.

That time works. It should be cooler by then. Were you thinking of going up Fortuna's west side? I need to check to make sure the kids are going to be able to do that. (more want than able) I would hate (just a tiny bit) to drag them through there. Do you have an idea of the route you want to take?

TA

I did want to go up Fortuna 'cause Cegrube's "2006 MTRP Cache War WoM(L)D or The Largest Star" multi ends up there. I don't have a route set up, but I'm thinking of a clockwise approach starting near the multi and going up via the Adenaline cache (V5FW). That approach has stairs. But we don't have to go; we can get the ones in the "valley" and go up another day.

Here is a visual of what I need. VDKV is the one covered up by W031. $ is a puzzle and the three funky icons are stadium icons signifying a multi. I don't think Zatyko will mind the puzzle on here as it is a very easy puzzle. I may pick up VKH1 tonight on the way home. I hope to work on the route tonight.

d8c9fc08-0098-4abc-b342-7340326400e3.jpg

Edited by Chuy!
I did want to go up Fortuna 'cause Cegrube's "2006 MTRP Cache War WoM(L)D or The Largest Star" multi ends up there. I don't have a route set up, but I'm thinking of a clockwise approach starting near the multi and going up via the Adenaline cache (V5FW). That approach has stairs. But we don't have to go; we can get the ones in the "valley" and go up another day.

Here is a visual of what I need. VDKV is the one covered up by W031. $ is a puzzle and the three funky icons are stadium icons signifying a multi. I don't think Zatyko will mind the puzzle on here as it is a very easy puzzle. I may pick up VKH1 tonight on the way home. I hope to work on the route tonight.

:laughing::laughing: Could one of you email us your cell phone number? If I can pick the CRV up before 6pm we need all the west side so we might join you for some of them.

I'm still trying to figure out what ones on that map that i still need to do. I need mainly the ones nearest/on South Fortuna, the ones near the 52, and two in the middle (South Amarillo and One Small Step). What route do you plan on taking?

I have all of them to get:

mtrp.jpg

I would like to join you guys, any route will work for me since I have so many MTRP caches to clear out.

I would prefer the suggested climbing route starting at V5FW, but am game for anything. Are you still thinking 6'ish? -Thx

-Ryan

My intended route is MTRP PKG, TD69, VN2T, VDGB, W033, VD98, W02T, VDKV, W031, VPEE, V5FW & VF6B.

It's approx 6.5 miles, not counting the two multis that I hear may require another mile or so. VPEE to VDV7 is along the top of Fortuna. I have good intel the VD98 multi ends in this stretch. Additionally, I promised Miragee I'd accompany her to the terracache near the north end of Fortuna.

An alternative route is MTRP PKG, TD69, VN2T, VDV7, VDGB, W033, VD98, W02T, VDKV, W031, VPEE, VDV7, & VF6B. This comes out to approx 7.5 miles. This avoids the north end and returns down via the Adrenaline cache at the south end of Fortuna.

The best place to park for either route is at the end of Corte Playa Catalina, at N32 50.258 W117 04.617. 6P still sounds good to me.

93eac424-f732-4631-a966-6d4084c287cb.jpg

My intended route is MTRP PKG, TD69, VN2T, VDGB, W033, VD98, W02T, VDKV, W031, VPEE, V5FW & VF6B.

It's approx 6.5 miles, not counting the two multis that I hear may require another mile or so. VPEE to VDV7 is along the top of Fortuna. I have good intel the VD98 multi ends in this stretch. Additionally, I promised Miragee I'd accompany her to the terracache near the north end of Fortuna.

An alternative route is MTRP PKG, TD69, VN2T, VDV7, VDGB, W033, VD98, W02T, VDKV, W031, VPEE, VDV7, & VF6B. This comes out to approx 7.5 miles. This avoids the north end and returns down via the Adrenaline cache at the south end of Fortuna.

The best place to park for either route is at the end of Corte Playa Catalina, at N32 50.258 W117 04.617. 6P still sounds good to me.

count me in for tonight - what is the planned meeting time?

Well, the kids are not up to this one, so I am going to sit this out... :(

... Adrenaline cache at the south end of Fortuna.

Y'all gonna die!

To put it another way, the final approach is to die for. There's a hard way to approach it and a really hard way to approach it, you know, for an old man. Have fun and enjoy the surprise reward.

In my case I was further rewarded by a love note from the beautiful and serene Travelita.

Edited by SD Rowdies

6pm

I'm at 999 and got plans for sunday with Chuy for my 1000th at the subterrien cache, Boy I'm going to miss the fun tonight. :(

6pm

I'm at 999 and got plans for sunday with Chuy for my 1000th at the subterrien cache, Boy I'm going to miss the fun tonight. :(

Hmm, I guess we'll have to bring a bottle of champagne to celebrate Team Fatman's 100th on Sunday???

Well, the kids are not up to this one, so I am going to sit this out... :laughing:

I feel bad the route influenced your decision not to join us. That was not my intention. You can join us down into the canyon and return when we start going up just prior to VDKV. There should also be plenty of lignt then to afford a lit return.

To recap, meet 6p at end of Corte Playa Catalina, at N32 50.258 W117 04.617.

Well, the kids are not up to this one, so I am going to sit this out... :laughing:

I feel bad the route influenced your decision not to join us. That was not my intention. You can join us down into the canyon and return when we start going up just prior to VDKV. There should also be plenty of lignt then to afford a lit return.

leaving work now. will see if I can pick up a green jeep to bring with me. :laughing:

leaving work now. will see if I can pick up a green jeep to bring with me. :laughing:

I have 2 of them with me right now <_<

That was not it at all.. They just wanted to stay in today. It's all good.. We may show up early Sunday, but I have to figure out when I need to get to the airport. I hope everyone has fun!

SKILLET

:laughing: Sunday 6am at the bridge? Great we get to sleep in!!! If FATTBOY is coming let me know so I can he him a pink sprinkled doughnut!!!

TALKED TO FATTBOY TONIGHT AND HE WILL BE WITH US ON SUNDAY SO GET THE DOUGHNUTS.

SKILLET

:laughing: Sunday 6am at the bridge? Great we get to sleep in!!! If FATTBOY is coming let me know so I can he him a pink sprinkled doughnut!!!

TALKED TO FATTBOY TONIGHT AND HE WILL BE WITH US ON SUNDAY SO GET THE DOUGHNUTS.

Awesome!