A Bad Days Caching

lakeuk

I can sympathise with the bog incident and on one cache I did not so long ago, I was thigh deep in water! A bit chilly to say the least.

:lol: On a more serious note though, you are asking for trouble if you wear Denim on the fells at any time of year. When wet, as you found out, it stays wet and can lead to exposure even on summer hikes. Suggest you ask Santa for a nice pair of North Face or Hagloff breeks :drama:

On a more serious note though, you are asking for trouble if you wear Denim on the fells at any time of year. When wet, as you found out, it stays wet and can lead to exposure even on summer hikes. Suggest you ask Santa for a nice pair of North Face or Hagloff breeks :lol:

Jeans are definitely a no-no for long hikes. I wear 'Rohan' trousers for serious hikes into the boonies. They're light, wind and ultra-violet proof and they dry almost instantly in the slightest breeze. Not the cheapest but highly recommended.

Yes, I sympathise - I have had bad days caching recently too and was almost giving the game up! My latest muddy incident was when researching Deeply Vale before placing my cache and I was silly enough to go out in trainers after some heavy rain. On the way down the hill I slipped and went slithering down the path on my side, with my dog towing me down then jumping on me, thinking it was a new game. I also made the mistake of exploring some nearby field paths which turned out to be the cow-pattiest paths I have ever trodden, except for walking through a farmyard near Hollingworth Lake - but that's another story. :lol:

However a recent day's caching in Surrey has restored my faith somewhat - one of those lovely golden autumn days in the woods, and every cache practically jumped out of the undergrowth and said "Here I am!" - magic!

Denim jeans on Wild Boar Fell in the wet! Nice. :lol:

Catch yer death!

It's not just up on the fells either!!!

I got soaked doing a very simple multi, on hte flat in lovely flat Cheshire...

The ground was wet... not just wet, but boggy! I thought I'd be ok in Trainers... feet soaked... did my usual trick of falling over.... got soaked to the skin!!!!

feet in wet trainers must = feet in a cold bath - I got a stinker of a cold afterwards!!

On a more serious note though, you are asking for trouble if you wear Denim on the fells at any time of year.  When wet, as you found out, it stays wet and can lead to exposure even on summer hikes.  Suggest you ask Santa for a nice pair of North Face or Hagloff breeks  :lol:

Jeans are definitely a no-no for long hikes. I wear 'Rohan' trousers for serious hikes into the boonies. They're light, wind and ultra-violet proof and they dry almost instantly in the slightest breeze. Not the cheapest but highly recommended.

Lowe Alpine Mettle Tech for me...nice and light, dry out realy quick.

I got a pair exactly the same properties but made by Regatta Techware for £16 from T K Max, last seasons but what the heck, they're brillaint.

LK

I hid a new cache today with my 2 year old daughter. She cried all the way up and she cried all the way down. :D I forgot to mention, I had to carry her... :D

I then tried to find Lodore Falls this afternoon with 4 little ones (not all mine) after school. :D

I left them all sitting on the bench while I scrabbled about over slippery rocks with the light fading. I didn't find the cache... :P

Does this qualify? :lol:

Edited by The Golem