Cache Boxes

Dirty81007

Alright - you are the man, I did not look on the link but let me guess about .75 a can? I use several large 50 cal cans when the kids and I go camping. I paint each a specific color and place specific items in them. If I tell the kids to get me the flashlight they yell back and say they cant find it. If I tell them to bring me the blue box they can find that and I know the flashlight (should) is in there.

First aid - RED

Bathroom supplies - BLUE

cooking supplies - YELLOW

fire - GOLD

tools & misc - no paint OD

you gonna hook a brother up?????? Really man I need a fix.

If I bought over 2000 cache boxes from a government auction, what the heck would I do with all of them?

LOT (2069 / 14 PLTS) AMMO BOXES FOR 7. 62 BALL CARTRIDGE W/ LIDS, 10. 5 X 3. 5 X 7 IN, APPROX 2069EA

Build yourself a new poll barn to house them?? Start your own government contracted muntions factory? lol, seriously thats way too many.

look for a smaller lot like one or two pallets, buy those, haul batch them around to events and whore them out at cost. They're probably sell. The area would get more full sized, weathertight caches, and you'd get.... well gratitude probably, except from army/navy store selling cans for eight bucks, but you can please everyone.

If I bought over 2000 cache boxes from a government auction, what the heck would I do with all of them?

LOT (2069 / 14 PLTS) AMMO BOXES FOR 7. 62 BALL CARTRIDGE W/ LIDS, 10. 5 X 3. 5 X 7 IN, APPROX 2069EA

For starters, You could try to figure out what it would cost shipping some of them, say a pallet or so, to denmark. I'd be interested in getting some if the shipping costs are not horrendous.

My first thought was that, at the list price of over $8,000, that's more than $4 per box. But I guess since it's an auction site, they'd end up being much cheaper.

I wonder, would it be possible to work out something with local caching groups/organizations to sell the ammo cans as a sort of fundraiser? Although I know that's alot of ammo cans to deal with and you'd need a whole garage just to store the things! If you could somehow disrtibute them to be sold at $1-2 per box (by sending them to local caching orgs to be sold at events), you could probably still come out ahead even with shipping.(A quick calculation and a trip to the Fedex website shows that a TV box that can fit 36 ammo boxes can be shipped from CO to MS for about $30). In fact, if you do buy them, and they end up being less than $1 a piece, I'd seriously consider buying at least 30 of them plus shipping costs.

My first thought was that, at the list price of over $8,000, that's more than $4 per box. But I guess since it's an auction site, they'd end up being much cheaper.

I wonder, would it be possible to work out something with local caching groups/organizations to sell the ammo cans as a sort of fundraiser? Although I know that's alot of ammo cans to deal with and you'd need a whole garage just to store the things! If you could somehow disrtibute them to be sold at $1-2 per box (by sending them to local caching orgs to be sold at events), you could probably still come out ahead even with shipping.(A quick calculation and a trip to the Fedex website shows that a TV box that can fit 36 ammo boxes can be shipped from CO to MS for about $30). In fact, if you do buy them, and they end up being less than $1 a piece, I'd seriously consider buying at least 30 of them plus shipping costs.

I can bet this lot of ammo boxes will sell for about 800 bucks. I wouldn't have to pay the shipping cost, so the average price is 45 cents a box. :o

What some people do is buy them and sell them to local geocachers. You can cover your cost and add a few cents for your troubles. As long as the price is low enough (under $4 each is good, but under $3 is better), they will probably be snapped up quickly.

Edit: If the end cost is 45 cents each, you can sell them for a buck apiece and they certainly will be snapped up quickly at that price.

Edited by briansnat