Pq Attributes And Netscape 7.1

beejay&esskay

Clicking on the attribute icons with Netscape 7.1 does not change them.

Hi,

with Firefox it is possible to add, change and remove attributes in a PQ, except removing the last one fails. The same happens also with Mozilla, Opera and Konqueror, so it is not browser dependent. A friend of mine tried with IE, same thing.

A few times I got the "Server Error in '/' Application. Index was outside the bounds of the array" message. Retrying PQ saving succeeded, but the last attribute was still there.

I have IE 6.0, Netscape 7.2 and Firefox 1.5 RC1 (upgraded to the latest iteration last night). I assume we are talking about the attribute icons that show up in the "Pocket Query Toolbox". On my computer, with both these browsers, all icons are greyed out and nothing happens when I click on any of them. There do not seem to be links, since the cursor does not change to the pointing finger when I bring it over an icon. With IE6.0 I have nearly the same behavior (no change to the icon, no change to pointy finger when hovering) but when I do click on an icon the status bar at the bottoms changes to "Error on page".

The problem appears to be fixed now: I tested it in IE 6.0, Netscape 7.2 and Firefox 1.5 RC1. Icons now change from greyed-out to black when clicked. Alternate text appears; cursor does not change to pointy finger. So it's probably as designed.

You might change the bold text just above the icons to "complete the sentence" that starts at the top of the page: i.e. replace:

"Attributes (click to include/exclude certain attributes)"

with either:

"Has all the following selected attributes (click on icon to select/select opposite/deselect)"

or

"Has at least one of the following selected attributes (click on icon to select/select opposite/deselect)"

depending on which logic you intend.

I think that being more specific will save you a lot of grief with constant questions from newbies as to why no records are in their PQ when they select them all.

Also, if your logic is the "intersection" rather than "union", then the script should also not allow someone to select more than the maximum that could be assigned to a cache, since that would clearly result in an empty query. Currently every icon can be selected. In fact it is possible to select the "not" version of icons for which the "not" version is not available as an attribute that owners can select (e..g "$" and probably others).

I don't mean to be overly critical; I'm just reporting what I see. I really appreciate the work on the PQ system - Hynr

Yikes. The javascript has been added to the production machines and has been tested in Firefox, Netscape 8.0 and IE 6.0. Please verify if it works in Opera and other browsers.

The script is back, but trying to remove the last attribute gave an error message:

"Server Error in '/' Application.

Index was outside the bounds of the array. "

I got the same error with Firefox 1.0.4, Opera 8.5, Mozilla 1.7.8 and Konqueror 3.3.2. I could save by retrying, but the last attribute was back although it was greyed out while saving.