Where Would Your Collection Go?

Ladycacher

What would happen to your coin collection if something happened to you?

My husband and I were having one of those conversations of what we would do with certain things we own, then my coins come up. Of course I thought what a good topic as a what if situation.

My collection would stay in my husbands hands for my kids. I told him that I want them to have something of mine that I collected, enjoyed, loved, and drove me insane trying to keep up with. He agreed and to the Will it will go.

So what would you do or want?

I have no idea. Since coins are not the only thing I collect, I'm not sure what would become of my "stuff." I don't think anyone in my family would want it. I mean these are items that interest me. I'd hope whoever my benficiary was would sell it and do something nice with the money... either donate it to charity in my name or make sure my pets were spoiled rotten for as long as they out lived me --- and my parrot will most likely out live me regardless.

Mine would probably end up in a garage sale. Even though geocoins are popular among geocachers they are not popular among muggles. It would just be seen as a coin with a strange name, picture, and the muggle wondering what geocaching meant. I have a better chance of my 1960s GI Joe collection suriving a garage sale.

Edited by Cav Scout
When I die just throw 'em in the incinerator with my body, melt 'em down and then mint & sell the "true" Vargseld geocoin. :drama: Seriously though, I'd just see to it that someone who would appreciate them would inherit them.

Put me on the wait list...

I'll take

Two - silver

Two - gold

five - rust

:lol::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama: :drama:

Edited by Mystery Ink

My husband and I were having one of those conversations of what we would do with certain things we own, then my coins come up. Of course I thought what a good topic as a what if situation.

My collection would stay in my husbands hands for my kids. I told him that I want them to have something of mine that I collected, enjoyed, loved, and drove me insane trying to keep up with. He agreed and to the Will it will go.

Put 'em on eBay, like every one else is.

Mom whats for lunch?

If my wife did not exit with me my geopals would probably get most of them, if we both exited my Dad would probably sell them on Ebay, like he does everything else. I think he would be in for a surprise (When I have shown him the coins he just says nice piece of metal).

My husband and I were having one of those conversations of what we would do with certain things we own, then my coins come up.  Of course I thought what a good topic as a what if situation.

My collection would stay in my husbands hands for my kids.  I told him that I want them to have something of mine that I collected, enjoyed, loved, and drove me insane trying to keep up with.  He agreed and to the Will it will go.

Mom whats for lunch?

:lol: Now taking adoption considerations :drama:

As far as Vargselds , can I get two of the limited edition burial coins :drama:

Announcing the Official Vargseld?™ v.2 coins, now with real chunks of Vargseld?™ baked right into the enamel. Quantities are limited, so reserve yours today!

Disclaimer: One actual Vargseld?™ was harmed in the making of this coin.

Another disclaimer: I'm kidding.

This would be an interesting way to go, but Hunter S. Thompson raised the bar as far as cremation goes. Having your ashes packed into fireworks and shot out of a 150 foot cannon...priceless. :lol:

If I die. My coins will be given to me enemies and then the coins will explode. Hey i am already did why not clense the earth of Aholes while I'm at it.

Great idea! Very James Bondsy....I am going to look into it. There are a few PTO moms that need to go :lol: .

{Just kidding...I think} :drama:

Who said you can't take it with you?? I know my kids would not be in the least interested so I figure I might as well take them with me. They used to do that in the old days didn't they? After all with the price of some of these on ebay they are as good as gold.

:santa:

Where are you going to be buried?????? :santa:

Well I have to tell you that this is an interesting question. If I had to make a guess I would say the garbage. My family has no understanding of what I am even doing this for.

So much for those Moun10bike coins, the Dhobby1 Ver. 1 coin and the complete set of MIGO Seasonals. They all would be sitting in the landfill :santa: . Yikes that makes me have nightmares.

Well I have to tell you that this is an interesting question. If I had to make a guess I would say the garbage. My family has no understanding of what I am even doing this for.

So much for those Moun10bike coins, the Dhobby1 Ver. 1 coin and the complete set of MIGO Seasonals. They all would be sitting in the landfill  :santa: .  Yikes that makes me have nightmares.

Can I get the cords please Damenace We can be there in a day. :santa:

Edited by Mystery Ink

So much for those Moun10bike coins, the Dhobby1 Ver. 1 coin and the complete set of MIGO Seasonals. They all would be sitting in the landfill  :santa: .  Yikes that makes me have nightmares.

Can I get the cords please Damenace We can be there in a day. :santa:

:santa: Now your wishing I was dead ? :santa:

I just want future reference to where you live....just in case.... :santa:

I believe due to past trades you may have that information :santa: . Do I start adding people to my living will and state what coin goes to who??? :santa:

Your right...I DO!

Make sure in your Will it states to contact me so I can go through your trash...I mean attend your funeral.