Cache Density

We have looked into some of the caches on power trails in the US as we were passing but as we don't care for micros and are rubbish at finding them, we have failed miserably.

One particular cache (not on a power trail) which sticks in the memory from a year or two back is a totally pointless one at the side of a busy road where there is nothing to see or do and is in a bit of a dodgy area. I haven't come across such poor caches in the UK and wouldn't like to imagine that we would adopt such ideas here.

So yes, power trails do exist but the spots they are placed in are less than ideal and the odd one or two that we have bothered to find have not been memorable.

I know power trails are frowned on but my Ridgeway Run series (35 caches, plus several others passed on a 27 mile 'trail') was always designed to be done in stages (or one long walk!) rather than as individual caches. In terms of big numbers in small areas (as opposed to chains) you need to look Oxford way. LOADS within a couple of miles of the city centre there.

SP

I have 100 micro containers. Can anyone recommend a square mile I could drop them off in? :lol:

I know power trails are frowned on but my Ridgeway Run series (35 caches, plus several others passed on a 27 mile 'trail') was always designed to be done in stages (or one long walk!) rather than as individual caches. In terms of big numbers in small areas (as opposed to chains) you need to look Oxford way. LOADS within a couple of miles of the city centre there.

SP

I have 100 micro containers. Can anyone recommend a square mile I could drop them off in? :lol:

Isn't Herefordshire a bit light on caches? :P

SP

I have 100 micro containers. Can anyone recommend a square mile I could drop them off in?  :lol:

Isn't Herefordshire a bit light on caches? :P

i dont see a problem with an area being light on caches.

You can hav too many caches you know

SP

I have 100 micro containers. Can anyone recommend a square mile I could drop them off in?  :lol:

Isn't Herefordshire a bit light on caches? :D

.....at the moment perhaps but soon ????:):D:D:P

It does look a particularly spectacularly boring piece of ground.  However, perhaps there're some interesting holes underneath it? :lol: Maybe it has hidden depths? :) (...as I've been discovering this morning that one of our caches near Chepstow racecourse has.... )    Mrs B

Oh yes Mrs B, Otter hole goes under the race course and beyond to Itton, If they would let me I'll place one of your caches in the hole but them Bod's in Whitehall do not allow that :P

Milton (aka Moote)

Edited by Moote
It does look a particularly spectacularly boring piece of ground.  However, perhaps there're some interesting holes underneath it? :drama: Maybe it has hidden depths? :drama: (...as I've been discovering this morning that one of our caches near Chepstow racecourse has.... )    Mrs B

Nope. It's every bit as boring in reality as it looks on the map!! :lol::drama:

Nope. It's every bit as boring in reality as it looks on the map!! :lol::drama:

Some while back one of the TV stations held a competition for viewers to send in the most boring postcard they'd come across (it's also been done with boring calendars). So perhaps you should go out and photograph this field (?) and then post the pic here on the Forum. Then we could run a thread on "The Most Boring Cache Location" :drama:

Mrs B

SP

the way I feel about micros - just south of the Goodwin sands sounds great

Bob

We have looked into some of the caches on power trails in the US as we were passing but as we don't care for micros and are rubbish at finding them, we have failed miserably.

One particular cache (not on a power trail) which sticks in the memory from a year or two back is a totally pointless one at the side of a busy road where there is nothing to see or do and is in a bit of a dodgy area. I haven't come across such poor caches in the UK and wouldn't like to imagine that we would adopt such ideas here.

So yes, power trails do exist but the spots they are placed in are less than ideal and the odd one or two that we have bothered to find have not been memorable.

I've done a few US and Canadian caches

I think the mentality for urban micros is different

A lot of the micros are placed in apparently boring places becuase they are difficult to find, retrieve and replace without being observed - that is the challenge. Once you get out in the countryside they are more like UK ones - placed in interesting, pretty or historical locations

I enjoy them, and seek out the really ingenious ones - often in plain view

Isn't Herefordshire a bit light on caches? B)

.....at the moment perhaps but soon ????B)<_<:ph34r::ph34r:

I shall soon be working on filling Herefordshire - Look out for HHH1 (Hornet's Herefordshire Hide) etc.

n.b. THis is not cache advertising as it doesn't exist......yet! :huh:

dont go OTT, we are allowed to leave some parts of the Uk free you know!

SP

I have 100 micro containers. Can anyone recommend a square mile I could drop them off in?  <_<

Isn't Herefordshire a bit light on caches? :blink:

.....at the moment perhaps but soon ????<_<:drama::drama::blink:

I cannot approve of cache advertising in the forum but don't say you weren't warned! :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Edited by Eckington