First Use Of Angst

Apparently, this is the first use of the term lame cache.

Now, who can find the earliest post with both angst and lame used simultaneously? :rolleyes::blink:

Hmmm... I would never have thought about 'Lame' being a geocache descritpion that early in the game. Looks like todays micro's don't have a lock on it.

Back then, they also used "Cache Gangsters" for people who steal caches.

Ich werde nie böse in den Foren!

"I become never bad in the forums"? :blink:

:blink::P

I searched for "lampost micro" but didn't find anything older than 2003. :rolleyes:

If you translate correctly it translates to "I never get angry in the forums!"

You need to brush up on your German! Verstehen Sie die Wörter, die von meinem Mund herauskommen?

Böse means both angry and bad, so I can see where you misunderstood me!

Carleen, being a word smith, you understand that angst is defined as feeling anguish. So, semantically speaking, if you abandon angst for anguish, you accomplish nothing.

Personally, I think we should add anguish to angst everytime we use it (for emphasis). Then, of course, redundancy becomes the issue. But redundancy is a cuddly puppy next to the pit bull of angst. :rolleyes::blink:

So I was looking for the first forum reference to dead horse and I found this very refreshing and enlightening thread.

Dated in March 2001 in the West/southwest regional forums, the topic meanders through a variety of subjects including increasing stash activity, urban stashes, maps, stickers, get togethers (events), Jeeps, intra-state competition, Degree Confluence, the weather, environmental impact of caching, land manager relations, cache density, adopt-a-highway, geocaching public image, and the press.

There is one use of the phrase dead horse, but not in reference to a forum topic.

As is true with most forum topics outside of the general forums, there is remarkably no angst. :D:D

Edited by sept1c_tank