What Do You Wear?

Kilts are cool! :o Won't help much against ticks though, which are everywhere.... so I hear....

Question: Do women wear kilts; are they still called kilts?

Comment: Although ticks don't seem to like me much,

they do have a way of getting around! B):D:D

No kilts are for MEN! and we don't share B)

Just be glad we let you wear pants :):D:)

No angst intended.

Here behind the redwood curtain in Nor Cal. where the average summer temp is in the low 60's and 70'anything is a heat wave that causes everyone to head for any building that is known to have an air conditioner. But we don't really get sun here anyway, so far this month we have had 3.22 in of rain and another storm is on its way.

Ha.... in Houston, we had 2.5 inches of rain in an hour.... Drops the size of golf balls. But, then the sun comes out and the humidity goes to 300 %

Makes for fun caching, because some area stay flooded.. waterproof caches, chained to a tree are a must.

Kilts are cool! :) Won't help much against ticks though, which are everywhere.... so I hear....

they do have a way of getting around! :D:DB)

No kilts are for MEN! and we don't share :D

Just be glad we let you wear pants :):oB)

No angst intended.

Women do wear kilts. Traditionally the woman's kilt is a tartan with a white or cream background instead of the full clan tartan. However, women often wear men's kilts when competing in highland dance so that they have more color choice or can wear "their tartan."

To stay on topic, I have not seen a woman caching in a kilt. A skirt or dress, yes, but not a kilt.

Depends on where we're going, and how long we plan on staying out. We're relatively new to this, but have learned - the hard way - to never again leave the house without insect repellant. If you're going to be traipsing through tall grassy fields, jeans and tennis shoes are always a smart idea - ticks! Other than that, a cool shirt and pair of sunglasses and I'm out the door!

It's also not a bad idea to bring a light back-pack for bottled water, snacks, camera - for when you're exploring never-before-seen territory. Oh, and, did I mention insect repellant? If you travel light, a fanny-pack should work fine too.

Women do wear kilts. Traditionally the woman's kilt is a tartan with a white or cream background instead of the full clan tartan. However, women often wear men's kilts when competing in highland dance so that they have more color choice or can wear "their tartan."

If I could find a kilt with cargo pockets, I would be tempted to change my style.

I love the thought of all that freedom (and the wind lapping at my thighs). :D

BTW, what do you wear under one? :D;)

If I could find a kilt with cargo pockets, I would be tempted to change my style.

I love the thought of all that freedom (and the wind lapping at my thighs). :D

BTW, what do you wear under one? :D;)

Kilts with cargo pockets: Utilikilts

I love that kilt, Tank.

Round these parts, which are way different than the parts we came from... cotton is pretty much the death knell this time of year.

We had rain on Saturday and grey, grey skies as we left the hotel, but by the time we hit South Carolina about an hour later it was freakin' hot, the sun was blazing, and when we set out from the truck at 6pm for a nice country jaunt, we were very, VERY sorry we were wearing jeans and tshirts. Oh man, were we sorry. It was 80 + degrees, and because of the recent rain, very humid. By the time we got back to the car at 8 it was a nice temp.

When we go out for jaunts these days we wear anything that is long pants and quick dry for the adults. Lots of nylon and polyester - you know, 'performance' gear. Under Armour shirts are my current fave, but I wear them when I exercise so have always had them handy - just now I use them for caching too. I'm going to invest in some coolmax tshirts as well (REI just had them on sale for cheap) for those days when skin-tight clothing is less appropriate than others.

I've worn shorts a few times - I now have the loathed elastic waist convertible pants (read: lots of pockets and zip off legs) and can switch easily enough - but... hey, they have briars here. Them's new to me too. As much as I hate long pants and sleeves in hot temps, I have a new appreciation for them, and the fabrics they're being made out of now.

As far as the gear that we carry? We have hydration packs to hold everything, or if the trip is short enough/cool enough, I dump everything into a Mountainsmith Rapid fanny pack. I don't like fanny packs very much, but sometimes it does the trick just fine.

For even shorter trips, I just leave everything in the truck and only take the GPS and a pen with me.

-=-

michelle

Well, I'll let the guys continue talking about Kilts all they'd like.

I tend to go much more simply.. I wear jeans everywhere all the time (except for bed, the shower and the pool, of course).... Shoes are dependant on where I'm going.. If I'm not doing alot of far walking, I'll usually wear flipflops. Otherwise, I do own shoes and sandles. (Once I went in dress boots with three inch heels... I never said I was practical)..

I carry my GPSr around my neck with the string it came with and have a mini backpack that I toss on my back with swag.

The longest cache walk I've done is about 2 miles round trip for one cache. I did that one in flip flops.

I like the zip out leg synthetic material pants.

Hate cargo pocket pants, extra weight in my pants gives me a severe case of plumbers crack. :P

I've experiment with a lot of fanny packs but keep going back to my 20 year old day pack. I just added a nylon bag with caching specific stuff in it.

they do have a way of getting around! :D:P:D

Technically, women wear kilted skirts.

The difference between the two? Beats the daylights out of me...

One of the caches I logged in a kilt. Of particular irony is the name of the cache, given I wear the kilt regimental.

The kilt is great attire for any caching experience. However, I found yucca and cactus to be more of an attention-grabber when wearing a kilt. Now that PI is out in abundance, there's another reason to stay with pants in the summer.

I think I'm due for another kilted caching in the next week or so. I shall be certain to slather on the bug juice and give a report on how that works with ticks and other icky things.