I Have Planned A Trip To An Area That Has 3 New...

All three are placed by the same person. I'm not sure the "unspoken rule" if there is one... I would like to find them all even if I am the FTF, but I'm not looking to offend the person who set them up.

Would it offend you if someone was the FTF on more than one of your caches? All 3 of these are within 10 miles of each other so it wouldn't be an out of the way thing to get to them...

Totally your call.

I've done that in the past, but I've also laid back and only gotten just one (or two) so that others can get a FTF as well.

If there are really nice FTF prizes/things - consider leaving at least one for the STF.

In the end, it's your call. They were put out to be found afterall :o .

Go for em. In my area it's pretty tough to score a FTF. There's some of us who work on the road and with wireless web access we find recent hides and pick them up while we work. Then we have the hider who caches with 2 others and when they hide a cache their caching companion(s) claim a ftf. Fortunately this is geocaching we're talking about and not stocks. Look at what they did to Martha Stewart for that inside information.

If you're there, find 'em. Around here, the time you spent asking the question would do you out of the FTF, most likely, though boat caches sometimes go a while unfound.

Then we have the hider who caches with 2 others and when they hide a cache their caching companion(s) claim a ftf.
I've changed the way I do that. When hiking/hiding with others, we separate to hide, then hunt each others (beta test) but DON"T sign the logs or log the finds online until after the cache has been listed and found by others. That way the FTF is there for somebody, and we can still log a find.