Jeep Tb

t-maxxer

I picked up one almost by accident. I mean, I'd heard a bit of a buzz about it, but hadn't really paid attention and had no idea I was lucky to run across one so casually. I hopped it a couple of miles and put it in the next cache without taking its picture or anything.

I wasn't expecting the icon. I thought it was way cool ;)

So if the promotion is over then why such a big deal about them.  I mean oh boy you get special icon in your stats page.  Whoopty dooooooo.

Some people collect those and have fun making the effort and meeting the challenge. Hell it's not any worse that finding gladware full of McToys.

It doesn't hurt that it was Yellow Jeep which has become a geocaching legend. I'm sure A Green Ford Focus just would not generate nearly the interest.

Edited by Renegade Knight

This was accomplished already last summer.They were distributed to local caching organizations and individuals within your state. I believe they had about 40 for each state and then if anyone sent in a request for some they were sent some also. Since the contest is now over you'll just have to try and find some that are hidden in caches in your state.

Edited by haffy6

I really liked the Yellow Jeeps for the same reason some folks like the first to find. I would get an e-mail saying a Jeep had arrived at a cache within 25 miles of my house and I was off to try to get it before the next cacher. Most of the times I would miss, but one time I was faster than the rest, by about 2 hours. GC continues this or other similar promotions - - like the A.P.E caches - - as it adds a bit of variety.

Edited by Baxter-MD

Here in Europe, Jeeps are sought after. If 6 cachers get together with one, there will be a quick bout of "serial grabbing" to get the icon on their stats.

Another advantage of a Jeep: the owner doesn't hassle you if you don't move it on after two weeks. :rolleyes:

BTW, I saw somewhere a table (anyone have it?) of where the Jeeps are. Some substantial number (several hundreds) are still sitting in the desk drawers of the original recipients!

Oh, and were there really 5001 of them ?

Edited by sTeamTraen

Another advantage of a Jeep: the owner doesn't hassle you if you don't move it on after two weeks. :D

Yeah, thats nice. I have one that I have been holding on to as I refurbised it, and now am waiting until I have finished a new cache that I am working on to place it. It is nice not having to worry about delaying it from a goal or upsetting an owner.

It will hopefully be back on its way this weekend.

the owner doesn't hassle you if you don't move it on after two weeks. :o

:D Please tell me you didn't mean it as it came out. That you don't truly think its a "hassle" from the owner when they ask you nicely to move the travel bug you have had in your possession for the past 2 weeks. After all you did take on this responsibility of your own free will right? I hate nothing more than having to "bother" another cacher about my travel bug being stuck in his back pack for the past couple weeks. I also don't take a TB if i can't move it in a reasonable time. If nothing else I email the owner rather than wait to hear from them. I hope i misunderstood the way you said that.