New Fellow Says 'hello!"

TetrAmigos

Hello all, my name is Mark and I just happened to stumble across the GC hobby earlier last week, and I'm already hooked! I had no idea that there was anything like this, and I can't wait until my first GPS unit arrives in the mail. :o

I just wanted to wave a simple hello to all you GC'ers out there. :(

Hello! Thanks for introducing yourself, hope you have as much fun with this sport as the rest of us do.

Oh, by the way, it's kind of a tradition around here that the new guy buys the next round ....  :rolleyes:

Than I shall empty thy wallet on behalf of my newbie status! :lol:drink.gifdrink.gifdrink.gifdrink.gif Enjoy!

And to Auntie Weasel, I purchased a Holux GR-230 bluetooth to work with my PDA, after reading probably a bazzillion reviews.. :lol:

And to Auntie Weasel, I purchased a Holux GR-230 bluetooth to work with my PDA, after reading probably a bazzillion reviews.. :D

Welcome! My name is Hank and I am a recent addict. :( . I could not stop geocaching and I'm in trouble with the better half. At least, while caching, I found plenty good sleeping places once she kicks me out of the house. :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Let's hope your PDA is readable in direct sunlight...it could be tough. I tried the PDA way which is wonderful but could not read mine in sunlight.

And to Auntie Weasel, I purchased a Holux GR-230 bluetooth to work with my PDA, after reading probably a bazzillion reviews.. B)

Welcome! My name is Hank and I am a recent addict. :D . I could not stop geocaching and I'm in trouble with the better half. At least, while caching, I found plenty good sleeping places once she kicks me out of the house. :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Let's hope your PDA is readable in direct sunlight...it could be tough. I tried the PDA way which is wonderful but could not read mine in sunlight.

It's going to have to be for starting out, because convincing the wife to blow a few hundred more would be difficult at best. :( I'll throw a towel over my head and mumble loudly.. at least this way, I'll be left alone! B)

It's going to have to be for starting out, because convincing the wife to blow a few hundred more would be difficult at best.

Mine's perfectly readable in sunlight, though I don't have the GPS plug-in for it. I use it for "paperless" caching, a thing I recommend you look into the moment you decide you don't hate geocaching (that's a joke, son -- a joke!).

If you don't like using your PDA for GPS, the good news is you can get a perfectly decent stand-alone for a little over a hundred bucks. If you had to, you could tell her you need your...carburetor...rotated, or something.

Welcome from another newbie. I knew about geocaching a few years ago but just started this new and exciting hobby a few days ago.

Why wait until the mail arrives? Check out some local caches and see if you can't figure it out with a gps. We found our first one just knowing the area and thinking it out. Of course, after that we were hooked so HAD to run to the store for a gps.

Welcome from another newbie.  I knew about geocaching a few years ago but just started this new and exciting hobby a few days ago. 

Why wait until the mail arrives?  Check out some local caches and see if you can't figure it out with a gps.  We found our first one just knowing the area and thinking it out.  Of course, after that we were hooked so HAD to run to the store for a gps.

I was about to do just that, until my BT GPS came in the mail today. I've already tested it out, and it works beautifully. A member above mentioned above that my PDA might not be readable in direct sunlight, but I actually found the reverse to be true. I can actually read the screen better in direct-sunlight than indirect-sunlight!

Off to find my first cache! ;)

Edited by ArmchairPilot