Darwin Cachers (aka Gung Ho Cachers 2005)

nikcap

Share your (or other's) tales on the insane effort put into finding (or preferably, not finding) a cache.

Leave it to Tom.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...ce-63063b37fe25

That cache name is SO appropriate.

Well, I was placing my Rock_A-Bye- Alien Cache two-stage multi along the Patriots Path in Morristown, NJ. I had placed the final and needed to place the first stage. The path runs along a river and I thought, 'Cool I can walk across this moss-covered log to get to a secluded island and hand the stage up high." No sooner has I though that I spotted an ideal place inside the llog to put the stage. So I went for it, only to my dismay someone had already placed a container there. Darn... letterboxers! Well, I figured I would sign the log and return it. I opened the container and it contained a baggies with large amounts of white powder --- hmm... this doesn't look like sugar. Then it hit me --- drugs. I put back the container quickly and relocated my first stage 400 feet away. :angry:

TRL--That sounds like a Sasquwatch Siting, was there a distinct skunk like smell present at the time of the siting. There have been sightings reported in NJ in the past, in fact the Bear Swamp Area of Mahwah Ringwood was a hot spot for sometime. Numerous reports in Wantage area. The authorities generally like to keep these things quiet for obvious reasons. Suggest you google Big Foot Sightings in NJ. :laughing:

My brother is BMSquared and he lives in Mahwah. I live in Lincoln Park, about 45 minutes away. I thought it would be really funny to put a cache as close to his home as possible so it pops up first on his 'closest to' page. After visiting them one day I drove by the perfect little park mere blocks from his home. A few days later I returned, cache in hand, to do the deed. I wandered the park for 30 minutes or so and scouted a few locations. Then I found it... the gazebo. While searching for the right spot under the gazebo where my cache could not be spotted from any reasonable angle my hand bumped into a small container - a film canister actually. This was obviously an intentional placement but I knew there were no caches in the park. I grabbed the container and it looked real familiar, it was a container my dear brother had swiped from me the week before. The plot was thickening so I called him and came clean with my plans and my subsequent discovery. It turns out I had stumbled on a stage of his yet-to-be-approved Here, There, Avroair cache. I settled for another park a little farther away to place Johnny 99. What are the odds?