Divorce And Geocaching

dakarguy

I think you can back log all the caches you found together under your new account/name.

When my son first started he didn't have his own name and when he decided that he did, I back logged those we found together. cache owners didn't have a problem with it.

I hope this helps. As someone who's going thru the sameordeal as you, I wish you good luck.

Happy caching.

As a cache owner, I've actually seen this several times. Kids logging their own finds, couples (not necessarily divorcing) separating their accounts. When you go back under your new user name and relog just say COUPLEUSERNAME logged this cache back on date - we've separated our accounts and I'm logging as NEWUSERNAME.

Well...if the OP was serious about this question...I'm just thinking about the work and time involved to go back in and log 250 finds. I can hardly find time to log the handful of caches that I find. I can't help but wonder why go through the trouble. What the heck, instead of spending a couple hours at the computer...just go caching...:):blink::)

Caching laws state...."In case a couple seperates accounts due to divorce, mid life crisis, or because the mother in law moves in. All caches rated 1/1 or less goes to the female cacher. All others go to the male half. Unless the male caused the so said seperation due to stupidity, brain farts, or sloppy personal hygene, in which case all caches go to the female. This is correct unless the female half caused the seperation because of, nagging, crying, or bad cooking. In which case all caches goes to the tormented male half. Of course this is negated if the male half has become overweight, unemployed or impotent."

El Diablo

So, you're going through a divorce...many things to take care of or worry about...house kids (if any), money, cars, hell..even a dog...and you are worried about cache finds :) You're getting divorced from all those long nights you spent out in the woods waiting for that cache that you think might have been placed there to get approved just to get FTF, aren't you?

Hey, they dont call the husband the man of the house for nothing

All caches rated 1/1 or less goes to the female cacher. All others go to the male half.

whatever :)

it would be a lot of work for both of you, but the equitable thing to do would be for you both to log them separately. there are more important things to worry about than starting a contentious debate about someone changing the account password and "stealing" the finds.

Well...if the OP was serious about this question...I'm just thinking about the work and time involved to go back in and log 250 finds. I can hardly find time to log the handful of caches that I find. I can't help but wonder why go through the trouble. What the heck, instead of spending a couple hours at the computer...just go caching...:):blink::)

I could me worse, what if they had 3,000 finds. Thats a lot of re loging

as has been said, if the worst you have to worry about in the divorce is who gets the logs then you must have the most friendly divorce setttlement known to mankind!

No kidding. When I got divorced the ex had a meltdown over salt and pepper shakers and a set of coasters. I can't imagine what it would have been like with something more serious like stats. :)

not divorced yet but seperated, when we did we split the stuff down the middle half the 8 piece dinner set each. i thought htis was fair due to it being sensible and a wedding present from friends and family.

she decided that i was being hugely unfair in asking for half go figure the logic in that? if it isn't fair to split 50/50 what is?

life's too short to argue over the small stuff. just take the time and re log a couple a day. it'll take a while but it's worth it.

as has been said, if the worst you have to worry about in the divorce is who gets the logs then you must have the most friendly divorce setttlement known to mankind!

The OP never stated that the cache finds were the worst thing in the divorce to worry about. I believe it's was, however, the only on-topic thing to worry about. :)

This is all well and good, setting up a new account and logging the old finds. But what about the TB's. I don't generally keep the TB numbers, maybe you all do. I can imagine that trying to re-log a locationless may be problematic in that most of them limit only one "find" per a particular location/instance.

This sounds like we need a mod to the web site, some kind of "account split" function that would take an account and rip in two and create two new accounts that have the exact same stats as the old one. Or not... :)