Geoluau II

Shop99er

I know that it's way early, but people are starting to make their Summer plans, so I thought I'd put this in now.

GeoLuau II is set for August 13. The park is reserved, for the whole day, and we have permission to have dogs there.

This year, it will be at the Jarstad Park in beautiful Gorst, "Where America Shops".

(BTW, the title was supposed to say GeoLuau II)

Edited by Shop99er

Mrs. Shop99er here

Well, glad we let the cat out of the bag early! We had no idea that people would start making their summer plans already! For those of you who are on the fence let me tell you what will be at the GeoLuau!

FOOD!

Lots of it. If you go home hungry from this then it's your own fault. We got chips and dips. We got cakes and cookies. We got fruits and salads AND we have kaula pork! No, we don't put a pig in a pit..this is my own secret recipe and it's better than a pig in a imu. This isn't greasy! We also have a firepit so after dark will be making S'Mores.

GAMES!

There are horseshoe pits at the park, volleyball (if we can find a net and a ball). we'll have games for the kids, blunt yard darts, hoola hoops, balls and jump ropes, a piniata and, possibly, if we can get them to come to the luau... a juggler!

CACHES!

This luau has a log to sign and items to trade. The cache is always sitting by the lovely Manulani, our GeoLuau mascot and photo opportunity. Inside this park is also the Cootie Cache for travel bugs. Drop 'em off or pick 'em up. Kitsap county is slopping over in great caching. Spend a morning caching and spend the afternoon with us eating and telling lusty tales of your finds.

FUN! FUN! FUN!

We're working on an old-fashion boardwalk photo opportunity board. It's one of those things that you stick your head through a hole and the other side of the board is painted with a body builder...bring your camera! This park has a small kitchen area with running water and a grill to BBQ if you are so inclined. Indoor bathrooms and plenty of off street parking. There are plenty of tables to sit and eat at. Plenty of lawn for kids and dogs to run around in.

Hope to see you there!

We just wrote it down on the calender we should be there, looking forward to it. Last year was a blast. One of the girls hopes that Lolita and Mayday can make it.

We are planning on it ! The 4Gray girls are just the nicest young ladies to cache with. Very clever girls. I look forward to seeing them again !

I can testify to the absolutely FABULOUS Kalua Pork that 'The Boss' made for the original luau. And the fact that NO ONE ( not even the dogs attending ) went home hungry. Mr. and Mrs. Shop99er are the BEST hosts. They think of everything, even my little sidekick MayDay.. ( thank you !)

Sounds like this might be an event to attend...

My only concern is the long drive home to Monroe after a day of fun and excitement...would there be any very close motels or preferrably on-site camping for the night so I don't fall asleep on the way home? <_<:blink:B)

There are motels in Bremerton and Port Orchard. I would go to PO, if it was me. The motels in Bremerton were getting a bit run-down when I was stationed here in 1977. There is a new Hampton Inn at the Bremerton ferry terminal, but it's right downtown.

There is a Holiday Inn Lite in downtown Port Orchard, and another motel (don't remember the name) on Sedgwick street, just off HWY 16.

There is no camping in this particular park.

My only concern is the long drive home to Monroe after a day of fun and excitement...would there be any very close motels or preferrably on-site camping for the night so I don't fall asleep on the way home? B)<_<:blink:

Monroe isn't that far of a drive if you drive to Kingston and take the ferry to Edmonds and then take the highway through Bothell to Monroe. I forgot the number of the road but we take it to see our daughter in Bothell. Sure beats trying to go around. Dick, W7WT

My only concern is the long drive home to Monroe after a day of fun and excitement...would there be any very close motels or preferrably on-site camping for the night so I don't fall asleep on the way home?    <_<  :blink:  B)

Monroe isn't that far of a drive if you drive to Kingston and take the ferry to Edmonds and then take the highway through Bothell to Monroe. I forgot the number of the road but we take it to see our daughter in Bothell. Sure beats trying to go around. Dick, W7WT

Bothell is a great city, because I live in it. :tired:

For those of you who might need the information...

The Days Inn is just off Hwy 16 in Port Orchard 360.895.7817

It's fairly new and in good condition. Within a short walk of a restaurant and gas station

Holiday Inn Express is nearly down town Port Orchard 360.895.2666

It's also fairly new and is a very nice motel. I believe they serve a cont. breakfast in the lobby. Most of the rooms face the water and have a view of the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. It's with a short walk of an expresso shop and a little longer walk there are are several fast food and restaurant selections.

Vista Motel is on Bethel in Port Orchard 360.876.8046

It's an older motel and isn't what I'd call top-notch. However it is clean, cheap and right next door to a Pancake House, fish & chips place and the Hi Joy bowling alley.

There are quite a few hotel/motel selections in Bremerton. Howard Johnsons is just up Hwy 3 from Gorst. Midway Inn is supposed to be very nice and I believe they have a cont. breakfast as well. Flagship Inn is also supposed to be very nice and has a water view.

If anyone wants me to locate phone numbers or web sites just email me and I'll get the information for you.

I'm not sure about camping. I believe you can camp at Manchester State Park. I hope someone can come up with a list os possible sites.

Looks like it's going to be a good luau! I'll have to buy more pig!!