Calling All Travellers!

RoswellJam

Where can you find the distance on the GC website?

If you look at the logs for the cache in question and then select view log on a seperate page the distance will be listed below the cache name with an indication of the cache direction from your home co-ords.

Dave - The Gecko's

Edited by The Gecko's

If I'm allowed to include a cache I which placed myself, the distance is 3,830.023miles. Forum rules about advertising caches preclude me from mentioning its name, but it's somewhere on the Tropic of Cancer in Oman

If I'm also allowed to include a cache which I placed and subsequently archived as it was muggled before FtF, then the distance is 3,933.744 miles. I think I can mention the name of that one (Eastern Sultanate) because it no longer exists.

Cheers, The Forester

If I'm allowed to include a cache I which placed myself, the distance is 3,830.023miles. Forum rules about advertising caches preclude me from mentioning its name, but it's somewhere on the Tropic of Cancer in Oman

You're allowed to mention and link any caches that you like, just don't spam the board with your own "just hiddens" & "come and finds".

MarcB :rolleyes:

aha, a stats game we can contribute to:

furthest found 11621mi from home coordinates

furthest placed 11342.4mi from home coordinates. This has now been removed due to the high number of muggles reported in the area.

closest placed (for what its worth) 5mi from home coordinates.

Not bad for very occasional caching

Martin et al

10,736 miles from home, 2 hours south of Sydney, and it is also the coolest place I have been to caching.

Even my Australian brother-in-law couldn't find the place in this photo: Gosangs tunnel, and he was a local... so imagine his surprise when a) I knew about it, and :rolleyes: could get us to it.

This cave is half way up a cliff, you walk to it along the edge of the cliff and drop off the edge to this ledge. The crack in the floor goes right down to the sea about 20 metres below, and the tunnel goes right through to the other side of the peninsula, about 40 metres I think and lowering in headroom to about 1 metre. Very impressive.

71401710-b6f1-404f-966b-9737b59f4e7e.jpg

630e701e-c13f-44d8-b596-75f88f419d25.jpg

Tunnel of Doom