Those Little Black Micro Containers

Tell the truth they look like painted over flashy light thingies they sell at fairs and carnivals.

No, they actually are little containers with threaded lids. The inside is hollow, and the lid is solid metal, I assume it's aluminum. I've got a couple, but haven't been mean enough to put them out yet. And frankly, we have a local that puts out things just as small, but homemade, so a store-bought one looks kinds cheesy next to his. <_<

I don't know what they were designed for, maybe to ship BBs to folks that buy them one at a time? ;)

Dear lord --- those are frightening.

I'd probably lose them in my desk drawer -- sort of a self-imposed cache.

If I had to guess, I'd say they were somehow used for drill-bits (dental?), small jewels.

I have seen some containers in plastic, about the same size used for the short leads that are used on a compass (the geometry-type of compass).

Those are indeed the blinky lights as they were reported.. The thing to be careful of with these is: Lets go to another forum.

I have seen alot of damaged areas because people place caches like this in urban settings. The container itself is not the problem. Placing it inside a row of flowers can be..

Keeping a logbook in it is also difficult.

them things (Nano) are a bear. I looked at one three times before I realized it didnt belong where it was.

I have not read what their original purpose was designed for but curious to find out.

Lots of ways to paint em.. to camoflage them to the surroundings.. and probably hide in plain sight. I really hope though that they are no longer any available anywhere to be used as nano containers.

Huh, never would have figured robertlipe for a raver! <_<

You (hopefully) didn't have me figured as a doofus, either, but it turns out that's sort of how I know this one. (The doofus thing, not the raver...)

I actually bought a bucket of these things from the closeout table of a drugstore with intent on making a techno cache out of them. After various experiments drilling, soldering, and mounting them, they remain in a bucket on my workbench. One night while dining with caching friends, someone showed me this really evil cache container they'd just purchased on fleabay but couldn't figure out what it was. Once he handed it to me, I recognized it. I probably wouldn't have recognized it a week earlier.

So it had occured to me to use them as PART of a cache container but it didn't occur to me to use them AS the container.

See also: doofus...