Cache Camouflage

zygote2k

I would suggest you find something else for your cammo. Although most geo-muggles would avoid feces on the trail, eventually you cache will be discovered by someone cleaning the area or even worse, someone deciding to BURYING it.

Edited by jdoe

One of the most challenging and fun caches in our area was call Scarabedai Delta Gibbosum's Delight. I'm sure I butchered the spelling. Translated it refers to the African dung beetle, which was a hint of was to look for. The cache was a film canister fastend under a piece of shingle that was covered in deer "scat" and some other likely ground clutter.

I've taken bewildered DNF'ers to it and pointed to it and they still could not see it.

It’s no great challenge to hide a cache such that it would prove impossible for someone to ever locate it. The challenge is to make it “disappear” in plain sight. Invisible to anyone who is not looking for it, but clever enough to make the hunt enjoyable for someone who is.

Edited by Criminal
It’s no great challenge to hide a cache such that it would prove impossible for someone to ever locate it. The challenge is to make it “disappear” in plain sight. Invisible to anyone who is not looking for it, but clever enough to make the hunt enjoyable for someone who is.

EXACTLY!!! I really had a blast camoing my first cache hide. Right out in front of their face, but still some DNF's. ;)

Well in the desert southwest I did a cache in Arizona that had a cow pattie over it.

In our climate a cow floppie doesn't decay like it would say in Washington state.

I grew up around horses and cattle and it does'nt bother me to pick up a dry cow floppie, after all the dry product is pretty much the same as it was before it went through the beastie.( moist is a different matter)

Besides , it just cracked me up to see the placer had a sense of humor.

If you are interested the cache name is Arrowrock and waypoint is; CG629F

My only other thought is to varnish or shallic the scat.