Too Late?

pbarr86

Worst case, no one finds it until spring (the same thing that would happen if you waited until then to hide it). Best case some intrepid cacher gets a nice challange and finds it sooner.

"We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the Borg."

quote:
Originally posted by pbarr86:

I live in Mass, is it too late in the season to hide my 1st cache, should I just wait until spring or go for it now???

Last year at this time I was thinking along the same lines as you are. I quickly discovered that the caching activity was higher in the Winter months, at least in my area, and was very enjoyable despite the cold. I even went out and bought myself a pair of snow-shoes and had a ball. I find myself hoping for early snow this year so that I can get going on those Winter cache hunts.

Happy Caching, Olar

wavey.gif

"Pi 'r not square, Pie 'r round you dummy!"

two reasons

1. Caches get found and eventually, there are no good ones close to you that you can do on the few hours a week you can go caching. Any time you add a new one, you make someone's cache list a little better.

2. Snow just adds to the challenge.

Advice:

Use an Ammo can, paint it with Kilz primer and sealant. The Kilz dries white and can accept any color. Experiment with colors in the area you want to hide it, and maybe use white as the base color for your cammo. A nice winter cammo can be made for a grassy area using white paint base and dark colors of a craft spray paint called "webbing" This stuff has a plastic in the paint that makes the paint come out like marble.

The end result is a white ammo can with black or brown streaks. This would blend into a snowy grassy or brushy area.

remybussi.gif By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I. remybussi.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

Place it - no ticks.

Bulldoots! icon_razz.gif There are too ticks still. Found one in a cache the other day, several last weekend. Yes, there are ticks. So what, place that cache. And do a tick check!

Cache you later,

Planet

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

OK, it's almost ready to go. I just need to pick up a log book and a few more "goodies" and it will be all set. Now if only this big storm will miss us so I'll have a chance to get out and actually hide it.

Question, I want to make this a theme cache, do cachers tend to stick w/ the theme or do they just put in any old item that may not relate to the cache? maybe someone that has placed a theme cache will have some insight.

Thanks for all the replies, OH and by the way I'm still picking the ticks off my dog from last weekends cache hunts icon_mad.gif

Paul