National Treasure

BeachBuddies

I saw the movie. Once you are sure to instill the required "suspension of disbelief" then the movie is quite enjoyable. Doing some research after the fact, I discovered that my great-great-grandfather was one of the people who designed the back of the dollar bill. Whoda thunk it.

Anyway, I recently opened a new Adventure Cache which has some difficult puzzles to solve. Difficult enough that so far I haven't got a single correct answer to the first puzzle (out of.. well, quite a few). Come on people! It ain't rocket science! <_<

Colorado Adventure Cache

I thought it looked like a cool idea for a movie.

I thought it looked like a cool idea for a mystery/puzzle cache.

I wonder how many people out there are going to be inspired to put a cache together based on the movie.

Bret

ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!! Just saw it....got some great ideas!!!!

Already been done in our area. Flagman created Local Treasure shortly after the movie was released. RM

Oddly enough this movie got me into geocaching. Although I had heard of it through scouting, I had never tried it. After I saw the film (which I loved) I went online. As others have said there was a link to geocaching.com, and I did some research. I got my first gps for Christmas, and have been caching ever since. Even if you didn't like the film, it at least introduced people like me to geocaching! :)

The day before New Years Eve were about 40 Swedish geocachers at the cinema and watched this movie (at two different locations).

Everything we were talking about afterwards were: "Where's the GPS" and "I didn't see a logbook!" and "Kopaka, will you approve a cache like this if I submit it tomorrow. I will just have to find a church to dig under!".

Kopaka Nuva, our local Swedish reviewer were also at the cinema.. :)

It's was okay, and a bit different from what the trailers indicated. Obviously it's trying to cache in on the popularity of The Da Vinci Code, substituting American history for religious iconography. And you get a nice little caper sub-plot thrown in for good measure, with two groups trying to steal the same object at the same time, using radically different methods (finesse vs. force). It's definitely a summer adventure movie, that happens to be getting released in the fall.

(And I heard Tom Hanks is set to play Robert Langdon in the film version of TdVC, directed by Ron Howard.)

My thoughts exactly. I will say I was highly entertained so the movie did it's job in that respect. When I heard about Tom Hanks playing Langdon I wasn't completely convinced that he was the correct choice. But then I wasn't able to think of anyone else better.

About 50% of the posts to this topic, including the original post, are on-topic, in that they draw parallels between this movie and geocaching.  Let's keep the discussion pointed in that direction.  If you'd like to post movie reviews or trash Nicholas Cage, have at it in the Off Topic Forum.  Thanks!

Oh, pardon us. Let me shift it to 51/49%...

Well, this movie would make a great GEOCACHING search theme.

This movie could be themed as the ultimate GEOCACHING multi!

But there would be some GEOCACHERS who would not log their DNF.

Other GEOCACHERS would say that we GEOCACHER Masons would have an unfair advantage.

And other GEOCACHERS who would trade a broken McToy.

There. All better now. B)

BUMP!

IT IS NOW ON DVD. Whatcha think?

Joe Frog you are just too funny.

I've seen it 3x in 2 days, and I'm going to purchase it! I am surprised by just how much my 10 year old cacher knows about American History. She knew who Silence Dogood was? Not me! B) I figured out a few things on my own~the keyboard password :D ok that WAS ez. I had a blast listening to her views on it as a cacher also! B)

IMHO, I believe any cacher & American would like this movie for it prompts you to think & appreciate being both :mad:

This would make a way serious cool National-cache! Can the prize be Nicholas Cage?! :wub:

I enjoyed the movie. I don't over-analyze movies as I go for just the entertainment value. I'd like to see it again and see if I missed anything the first time! B)

I did like the premise of the movie - similiar to Indiana Jones - where you have a "hobby" or puzzle you spend your like trying to solve. that is very similiar to many of the 'micro-caches' I cannot find... B) I know they are there.. I just need more clues... :wub:

It was an amusing movie. Unrealistic, and by no means good, but fun to watch. It was like "The DaVinci Code" lite, which is itself "Foucault's Pendulum" lite. If you haven't read any Umberto Eco, start by watching "The Name of the Rose" from the 80s, then read that book. His writing is a little difficult, but the story is excellent.