Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

That was actually my son in the old avatar....but thanks...appreciate that.

What does that have to do with GEOCACHING in INDIANA anyway?

:P

Oh, man, that's not fair - he looks like you. Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to dis your son, just you. But you know when you're being kidded :( , don't you?

Avatars have to do with geocaching. And this thread is NOT REALLY about GEOCACHiNG IN INDIANA. It's about where I'm hiding or finding next or something like that... We just started mentioning GEOCACHING IN INDIANA in logs, when we were threatened with being off-topic..

While I have your attention, I see that a second Event Cache has popped up in Indiana with only a week's notice. So, Can we assume that the two week rule is now null and void?

Where does one go to find out about rule changes? For that matter where does one, never mind. Patrick just slapped me and told me to shut up.

Too bad the rule change wasn't in effect two weeks ago, we would have had another Flash Mob Cache Event in Hawaii on the 19th. :rolleyes:

This should be a tremendous weekend for GEOCACHION IN INDIANA. If you happen to be in a cemetery, make sure the flags are squared away! The Legion and VFW will be out in force to put out the flags for Memorial Day.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!! (and our ally in Afghanistan, CANADA) :P

Oh, man, that's not fair - he looks like you. Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to dis your son, just you. But you know when you're being kidded :P , don't you?

Well of course he looks like me! That's how it works! He's a CYClone! :P

While I have your attention, I see that a second Event Cache has popped up in Indiana with only a week's notice. So, Can we assume that the two week rule is now null and void?

Where does one go to find out about rule changes? For that matter where does one, never mind. Patrick just slapped me and told me to shut up.

There are no rules, only guidelines. And they're posted here.

Since they're guidelines instead of rules, they're occasionally bent a bit for special circumstances. I've seen several events published with less than two week's notice, but it's not the norm. If your event has some special circumstance talk to your reviewer about it. I'm sure Lord ShyWood will be glad to work with you.

This should be a tremendous weekend for GEOCACHION IN INDIANA. If you happen to be in a cemetery, make sure the flags are squared away! The Legion and VFW will be out in force to put out the flags for Memorial Day.

GEOCACHION? Is that French? :rolleyes:

And if no one's said it to you yet this weekend, thank you. I appreciate what you veterans have done for all of us.

Oh...and one other thing...

61e23b16-c022-4edc-841a-06fb28f6e0f0.jpg

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

How to get rid of an Michigan cacher who crosses the border

Wolverine Warriors found Liquidambar styraciflua stectum (Traditional Cache) at 5/26/2007

Log Date: 5/26/2007

I'm making a formal request that this caches name be changed to "MYOTIS LUCIFUGUS" which means Little Brown Bat. Which would be the creature that decided my husband isn't getting enough affection.

We spent a rather long time looking for this cache in the on again, off again rain. We made a few phone calls where we learned that our GPS was taking us to the wrong side.

While on the phone with the cache owner we FINALLY found the cache. Now the previous finder placed the cache in there rather snuggly (which seemed to be a theme for the rest of the evening) So Mr. WW grabbed a stick and was trying to free the cache from it's hiding spot while Emily, Ali Kat and I all watched.

When out of nowhere there was a flapping of wings and something came flying out (not the cache!)[:D] At first we all thought it was a bird. But once it came out, gave Mr. WW a nice juicy kiss on the right cheek [:X] and went flying off to the nearest tree, did we all realize that the bird was indeed a BAT!!

Mr. WW gave out a small string of profanities while the cache owner about wet herself with hysterical laughter on the other side of the phone. After he explained what had happened and she finally calmed her laughter, she asked who screamed like a girl? Well I know Emily screamed and I'm pretty sure Mr. WW did as well. But who can blame him? I'm sure I'd scream like a girl if I got kissed by a bat. But I also know I would have been done caching for the day if it had happened to me...but he's too much of a die hard. Thanks for the stories to tell, and the cache. I doubt we'll ever come across one quite the same.

I just wish I had a video phone that was ready when this all occured. Santa if you're listening, you know what I want this year. [}:D]

Teach them to come down here! :anicute::anibad:

Now, for my side of the story!

Amber: "It should be right there, by that beam!"

Justin: "Oh, I see it, I think I see it. Yeah, that looks like it!"

Amber: "Some people have mentioned having to use a stick to get the container"

Justin: "Ok, I just need to get up in......AHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

:unsure::anicute:

Edited by The Herd

Wheel Dog sent me a link to a video this morning ( I have no reason why) entitled "Greta's Night shower" -- it is a clip from the pilot of the new CW network TV show "Hidden Palms" and depicts Johnny chasing Greta thru the sprinklers on a golf course at night. Stay with me, here. All I know about Johnny is he's fresh out of rehab. I know nothing about Greta however, since the show hasn't aired yet. For all I know she's a GEOCACHER FROM INDIANA--could be, right? Anything's possible. I do know the name of the actress playing the part however:

Amber Heard

:anicute::anicute:

Wheel Dog sent me a link to a video this morning ( I have no reason why) entitled "Greta's Night shower" -- it is a clip from the pilot of the new CW network TV show "Hidden Palms" and depicts Johnny chasing Greta thru the sprinklers on a golf course at night. Stay with me, here. All I know about Johnny is he's fresh out of rehab. I know nothing about Greta however, since the show hasn't aired yet. For all I know she's a GEOCACHER FROM INDIANA--could be, right? Anything's possible. I do know the name of the actress playing the part however:

Amber Heard

:anicute::anicute:

52383903_dc697eeca9_o.jpg

:unsure:

Huh.

:anibad:

Ain't that a coinkidink.

WAY_TO_GO_Are_we_there_yet? for cache #600!!!

;);):):huh::D;)

Are_we_there_yet? found Indiana Spirit Quest #1: No Greek Rubber Plants (Traditional Cache) at 5/28/2007

Log Date: 5/28/2007

Find #600!!!!

We decided to make this milestone at the ISQ that started them all! Just got done paying our respects to some of America's heroes here at the cemetery and decided to make our way down to the cache. Passed a cache guardian that was on duty today. Thankfully he was a friendly soul!

TNLN SL

Thanks for the milestone cache!!!

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...a8-c74afb7e47d2

Visit Indiana Spirit Quest #1: No Greek Rubber Plants

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...12-d9faa8869b5e

Profile for Are_we_there_yet?:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=c0...d2-2e2061d45a06

WAY_TO_GO_Are_we_there_yet? for cache #600!!!

:):):):):):)

Are_we_there_yet? found Indiana Spirit Quest #1: No Greek Rubber Plants (Traditional Cache) at 5/28/2007

Log Date: 5/28/2007

Find #600!!!!

We decided to make this milestone at the ISQ that started them all! Just got done paying our respects to some of America's heroes here at the cemetery and decided to make our way down to the cache. Passed a cache guardian that was on duty today. Thankfully he was a friendly soul!

TNLN SL

Thanks for the milestone cache!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...a8-c74afb7e47d2

Visit Indiana Spirit Quest #1: No Greek Rubber Plants

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...12-d9faa8869b5e

Profile for Are_we_there_yet?:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=c0...d2-2e2061d45a06

Thanks Rick, we have pictures to upload still for that one. Would've got them up already but right as we got home we received a phone call that some caches needed checked on, so we had to go out and actually replaced a couple. Also found a third one that is in need of some maintenance that we need to make a run to the store to pick up some cache hardware.

Oh yeah, we also got three new caches out tonight that we need to get published.

Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Thanks for everything!

Kelly & Barbara

With all the new changes to the cache pages have we lost the notation of howmany people watching the cache? :D

Sure looks like that feature is gone . I must also say I miss the mouse over feature on looking at the pictures posted in logs .

Apparently in the recent transitions we also lost the picture and html on one of our earthcaches ... our other caches survived in tact though !

Star

I've just spent the last couple of hours catching up with what's been going on in this thread. Don't mean to bring back an old topic, but that's my geo-pup on the left. He's not a pup anymore and the Trailmixes really tucker him out. I do believe it's caching that keeps him (and myself?) in good shape.

I'll stop living in the past now!

Another INDIANA GEOCACHER has reached the BIG FIVE-OH-OH, Half a grand!!!

WTG GOPHAST!!!

This is an automated message from Geocaching

You are receiving this email because you are the owner of this listing.

GoPhast found Riverview Trek #9: Real Forks of the Wabash (Traditional Cache) at 6/3/2007

Log Date: 6/3/2007

(#500)

06/03/2007 GCJZMV 12:25pm. T - a Great caching experience and a Milestone. L - a $5 dollar bill (a penny for each cache I've found?) SL - Proudly. TFT Great Cache. I've driven by this location since I started Caching last July 8'th, thinking I'm just gonna have to get that one one day. Well today was THAT day. Had a mostly easy trek in, held the electronic gadgets way up out of the water, used the walking stick to test the depth and stability of any foot placements. Success - less than a knee deep crossing. Locating the cache took a bit more serching than expected. LOTS of foliage has almost overtaken the island. I WAS NOT leaving without signing the log sheet. Well I did finally get it, SL and left an Abe. The cache is in very good shape and is ready for next adventurer. My egress was a repeat of the trip in, only this time I went about 2" above the knees. Had Greatful Dead playin on the MP3, - Truckin' - What a long strange trip it's been. 'Bout summs it up! Whooo-Hooo!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...9a-0c812fc0b613

Visit Riverview Trek #9: Real Forks of the Wabash

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...7e-527e2492fea4

Profile for GoPhast:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=55...16-0db2854a2345

GoPhast #500 @ GCJZMV

:):(:)

It's finaly been found!

Great White Adventure

I've been watching this one for quite some time, and had been tempted to go after it. Glad some one finaly got it.

Glad to see he got it! Dan and I had talked about this one many times over the last few months. He said he was going to make an attempt, and I knew he had the skills required to get it.

Clay