Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

I had some fun caching with my girlfriend last weekend!

One little 'Micro in a Graveyard' (Brooklyn Heights - GCXRFJ) really messed us up though.

mygirl.jpg

DNF. Took dog.

Read log:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...d1-3473a5e6a9cc

:cry:

WOW , I once found a kitten on a hike in an acres preserve .... she is now 2 years old and living very well in my house !! :D:cry:

Tell you what if you decided to go back and get that beautiful dog , I really dont think you would regret it at all . I have a golden retreiver she is 11 years old now and well the pup you found really looks a lot like her. My golden is the best dog and companion I could ever ask for . She gets along great with other animals and the cats just love to snuggle up with her .

You done a fantastic thing in taking good care of this puppy .

I personally wish to thank you for that , for what its worth...

Star

After the manditory 3 days for the shelter to wait and see if anybody came looking for her, we went back. We discovered that no claims have been made on her, and no matching lost pet notices have been given them. So, we started on the paperwork for adopting this puppy! After a total of $140 to the shelter, they've taken care of her, searched for a previous owner, given her a couple shots, had her chipped for us, and getting her fixed. Still gotta get her into a vet to finish off a couple more things she needs. She's most likely either a Lab or Retriever (or a mix), probably around 4 months old.

We get her early next week!!!!!!!! Definately deserves a "Thanks For The Cache!" but I'm starting to feel bad because I *know* I didn't "trade up or even" with this (uh, how DO you trade even/up for a dog, especially with a Micro Cache?).

Only regret is that my g/fs parents are currently NOT very big on the dog idea, and I've already got a german shepard/chow mix living with my parents and myself so I don't have room for her. Oh, and ofcourse that I keep forgetting to take more pictures!

Only regret is that my g/fs parents are currently NOT very big on the dog idea, and I've already got a german shepard/chow mix living with my parents and myself so I don't have room for her. Oh, and ofcourse that I keep forgetting to take more pictures!

First let me congratulate you on rescueing this puppy for from the shelter. You are a Great American. Too many people don't make a commitment to their animals and that's why the shelters are full and so many thousands killed each year.

Parents not very big on the "dog idea" should be a red flag to you. I know what it's like to be not wanted being a triple rescue myself.

I have Three Siberian Husky pals here at the dogyard who are rescues, too, and the rest are offspring of rescues with but one excepetion, but then again she's a wolf dog. But

we are VERY BIG on the DOG IDEA around here!

DOGS RULE CATS DROOL (Except for Snoball).

Dogs are a very big part of Geocaching, you should take yours along with you. I personally have over 400 finds and am a Platinum Earthcache Master, not to blow my own doggy horn...

God Bless you.

:laughing::huh::laughing:

First let me congratulate you on rescueing this puppy for from the shelter. You are a Great American. Too many people don't make a commitment to their animals and that's why the shelters are full and so many thousands killed each year.

Parents not very big on the "dog idea" should be a red flag to you. I know what it's like to be not wanted being a triple rescue myself.

I have Three Siberian Husky pals here at the dogyard who are rescues, too, and the rest are offspring of rescues with but one excepetion, but then again she's a wolf dog. But

we are VERY BIG on the DOG IDEA around here!

DOGS RULE CATS DROOL (Except for Snoball).

Dogs are a very big part of Geocaching, you should take yours along with you. I personally have over 400 finds and am a Platinum Earthcache Master, not to blow my own doggy horn...

God Bless you.

<_<:huh::laughing:

Are those 400 finds in people finds or doggy finds? Because 400 DOGGY finds would probably equal about 2800 PEOPLE finds.

400 PEOPLE finds though would be a measly 57 DOGGY finds. :laughing:

And yes, Double Agents, be wary of all anti-dog types, they could be cat people in disguise.

Here's my Buddy

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/CptBl...rd/Mwalk006.jpg

Any dog that wants to come Geocaching is definately a good puppy in my book. Plus she's just so sweet and friendly, it'd be a crime for her to not be wanted. It was my g/f who first proposed keeping her, and offering to keep the puppy at her house.

My g/f and I are working on finding a house anyway, so her parents aren't going to be an issue forever. They could be cat-people. :huh: They do have an indoor cat, and a few strays that hang around constantly, I had just been giving them benefit of doubt because they used to have a Border Collie that was like a million years old. Nessa said they are starting to come around to the idea a little though.

Patrick, send my congradulations to your owner on having rescued yourself and the huskies! The dogs in shelters need more people like you.

Cpt, your Buddy looks like a big sweety!

Here's my Bear.

Bear_74.jpg

(His dad was a registered european German Shepard, who hopped the fence and met the neighbors registered Chow)

I thought the Human/Dog geocaching ratio was also farther offset than the standard 7:1 to accomidate the fact dogs don't have opposable thumbs making it harder to operate a GPSr.

Dogs rule, and cats are just self-centered little jerks.

*looks around at my thread hi-jack* :laughing::o:)

Everybody has some pretty dogs!

We got a puppy!!! Nessa picked her up from the shelter today, and they went to the vet. They said she's got a few things wrong, but hopefully those will be quick and easy to get taken care of. Unfortunately I wasn't there, so don't know what the problems were.

Edited by Double Agents

Dan, for some reason I always pictured you having a bigger dog! :laughing:

Ill see if I can dig up a picture of mine when I get home.

Well, we did have a big dog until not too long ago. A Great Dane that lived to be around 15 years old. She got to where she couldn't walk, even to go outside to...well you know.

I think she's up on the mantle...or may it's the fridge.

Well, we did have a big dog until not too long ago. A Great Dane that lived to be around 15 years old. She got to where she couldn't walk, even to go outside to...well you know.

I think she's up on the mantle...or may it's the fridge.

Sorry to hear! :laughing: but that sounds more like what I would picture you having! :o Danes are great dogs, BIG, but they have super great personality.

Ive had Rotts up until about 5 years ago when I got my first boxer. Now I have 2. They are GREAT jeep dogs! :) And Ill try to remember to post some pictures later.

OK boys, remember to keep the words GEOCACHING and INDIANA in your logs or we're in danger of getting moderated here.(Note other recent threads) These are GEODOGS, that go GEOCACHIng with us in INDIANA, right? right. OK. :o

Seriously, keep these dog photos coming, they're GREAT. Have I ever posted a pic of my Jack Russell that I occasionally cache with? Here he is down at Mounds Park Geo-Event hosted by Doug Smiley and IDNR:

71f79e89-bd92-4f3f-8d93-22d679ce0b13.jpg

:laughing:

Anybody else have GPS problems today from about 1-3 PM? I couldn't get my 60CSX to get signal in open areas, which from using the unit I know is NOT possible unless somethings wrong with it or with the satellites.

That happened to me back in February. I was on the interstate heading to Clarksville. It lasted about 20-30min. It was like they shut off the satellites or something.

Anybody else have GPS problems today from about 1-3 PM? I couldn't get my 60CSX to get signal in open areas, which from using the unit I know is NOT possible unless somethings wrong with it or with the satellites.

That was about the same time Patrick was peeing on an electrified fence near Salamonie. It wouldn't be the first time the Hoosier Peehound caused a major backout...Electronic Butterfly Effect??

<_<

I have some caching cat's if anyone wants one. I'll ship it 5 day UPS if you want it. :)

:D

Anyway. For Indiana Geoachers, in case you don't know...

The IDNR is beginning their 2007 Geocaching Geocoin Giveaway this weekend. Unactivated IDNR Geocoins are being hidden throughout the Indiana State Parks and Reservoirs throughout the spring and summer.

Our trusty mascot, Ranger Raccoon, is currently in the field, practiciing CITO (don't forget CITO day!), and placing his shiny coins in geocaches throughout the state. You can visit Ranger Raccoons blog every week to monitor where Ranger has been for a shot at your own coin.

Obviously, Ranger, like other raccoons, do not have opposable thumbs (though very close), so he can not sign the logs to the caches he visits. Therefore, Silver, his trusty goose, flies back and gives us the details to where he has been. Figure out the hints, and the coins are yours to keep!

f_racooncolorm_4db814c.jpg

DougSmiley has graciously volunteered to host Ranger Raccoons online diary at Ranger Raccoon's Blog

Good luck, and happy caching in '07.

:lostsignal:

P.S. I was joking about the cat.

P.S.S. Unless you really want it.

Thought I'd cross post this since some of you know him.

"Sad new for our Canadian friend Othum (Steve).

After a wonderful day at the Detroit Belle Isle Meet & Greet.

We found out that Othum has lost his father (3-25-07). "

Wulf

He is in our thoughts during this rough time!

0cafef08-4957-4ecf-b1ff-6ae36f0a96f8.jpg

Hey there Northern friends. Our next TrailMix is 1 week away. Check out GC11JBV. I would love to see a few of you trek down to join us. The event is about 40 miles south of downtown INDY off Hwy 37. The photo above is from the first TrailMix in January of 2006. Who knows. The Easter Bunny might even be there.

Deermark

Let's move this back to the top.

Where'd everybody go? CACHING?!?!?!?

Not in INDIANA, that's for sure!

WE went GEOCACHING in INDIDNA this past weekend , we found roughly 20 caches and placed 2 more !!

so there :smile::huh:

Star

I DID IT!!!!!

I went GEOCACHING in INDIANA today!!!!!!!

When will the pain stop?????? :(

I DID IT!!!!!

When will the pain stop?????? :laughing:

Sorry, the pain will never go away completely. You'll learn to live with it. Chase three aspirin with a double-shot of single malt and go to bed. :P

Actually I liked it so much I went back for more today! :laughing:

Spent yesterday and today doing BlackJeepSquadron's Chinook FWA series. Wow! Great series! A little later in the season and I would have been in better shape for it, but then there would have been more ticks and other nasty things too. :laughing:

Thanks BJS! Another great day of GEOCACHING in INDIANA!

I DID IT!!!!!

When will the pain stop?????? :laughing:

Sorry, the pain will never go away completely. You'll learn to live with it. Chase three aspirin with a double-shot of single malt and go to bed. :laughing:

Actually I liked it so much I went back for more today! :laughing:

Spent yesterday and today doing BlackJeepSquadron's Chinook FWA series. Wow! Great series! A little later in the season and I would have been in better shape for it, but then there would have been more ticks and other nasty things too. :laughing:

Thanks BJS! Another great day of GEOCACHING in INDIANA!

I've found two ticks in two days crawling up my arm, they are thick enough already. :P

I am feeling some pain after GEOCACHING in INDIANA yesterday. We were hunting the final of a puzzle cache series and found ourselves in a swamp filled with skunk cabbage. We had our 10-yr-old granddaughter with us and since we didn't want her to lose a shoe, she rode piggy-back through the squishiest parts. Mr. Car54's shoulder is still not back to 100%, so I found myself slogging through muck with a 70-lb weight on my back that kept giggling at the noises Grandpa's shoes made as he pulled them out of the goo with each step. To top it off, we must have made an error in calculating the final co-ords - yep we DNF'ed it! :) Oh well, we had a blast creating a memory with our granddaughter. My calve muscles are paying the price today, though! :(

Mrs. Car54

HAPPY APRIL GEO FOOL'S DAY INDIANA GEOCACHERS!! :rolleyes::o:o

Rick,

Wished we could've joined you, Buddaman & Trickworm yesterday when you all found your WTG caches. It sure looked as if you all had a great time!!

Congrats to you all!

Kelly & Barbara (Are_we_there_yet?)

We think Team Shydog's WTG concept is a good one and we have hidden three caches at Salamonie Reservoir that we are going to make into WTG's. Might not get them written up today, as we are prepping for the party for THE GAME tonite. GO GATORS!

0914951f-81c2-446e-b07c-2dfa406bd8b6.jpg

:D