Winchester Late Xmas Cache Bash

paul.blitz

The next Winchester Late Xmas Cache Bash will be held on Sunday 30th January, 2005.

The pub this year will be The Cart and Horses at Kingsworthy, about 100 yards from the A33, and is approx 2km north of M3/J9 ("Tescos Roundabout", which is where the A33 / A34 meet the M3).

What I have organised is:

- We will have exclusive use of the carvery from 12:00 to 1:30 AND NO LATER (they need to serve their "locals" too!).

- We will have use of the adjacent "Function Room" (ok, so it's really "The Skittle Alley"...), so after eating, we can go in there & chat / drink.

- You can also sit in the pub too....

- The carvery seats about 40, so I'm sure the early arrivers can eat up quick and let others take their seats

- Or you can take your roast & sit in the Skittle Alley & eat it (it seats about 40 to 50, I think).. or even into the pub.

- As long as we give them good custom (ie you all have lunch!), they are happy to waive the normal £40 charge for the Skittle Alley.

- The Carvery Roast Dinner costs £8.95 for adults, and £4.95 for a child's portion.

- Choice is of Beef and "one other".... usually ONE of Gammon, Lamb or Turkey. (As we are gonna be eating a lot, and can let them know in advance, we can "influence the choice"... personally, I fancy Lamb! I think we'll all be HATING Turkey by then!!!)

- Other kids food available.. The standard kids menu shows a main course for £3.50: gives a choice of Sausages, Burger, Jumbo Fish Finger, Spagetti Meat Balls, Cheese & Tom Pizza or Chicken Goujons, along with fruit, b-beans or veg, plus chips / garlic bread, mash or crisps (Heck, I may just scan in the A4 sheet!!!)

- They would like an idea of approx numbers, plus an idea of how many want to eat which meat, so that they can work out how many cows and sheep to put in the ovens!!!

- Pub normally opens at 12:00, but they ware willing to open a tad earlier, at say 11:45, if that helps us get there, and ready to eat at 12:00!

So, what I need from you lot is an idea of who will be coming, and your choice of food. There's not a panic as I won't be passing the details on till after Xmas!

(If a few of you know you can't make it till after 1:30 (eg long journey), and still want some lunch, then let me know, and I'm sure you could be fitted in with the "normal people" :D )

Paul Blitz