The Most Remote Cache On Earth?

While looking for random cache names I found this one in a spot down south. It's been up a while and not yet been logged. I suspect our reviewers wouldn't have approved it, since I can't see the owner in the photo...

I found another cache some thousand or so miles away which seems to have been logged by Google alone. Not sure *that's* in the spirit of 'caching either!

Anyway, it got me wondering where the most remote cache in the UK is. That's remote as in the furthest from the next nearest cache, not in a remote location with another cache just up the road. Any ideas?

SP

Edited by Simply Paul
Anyway, it got me wondering where the most remote cache in the UK is. That's remote as in the furthest from the next nearest cache, not in a remote location with another cache just up the road. Any ideas?

Disregarding virtuals, and multis with spoof co-ordinates, the most isolated UK cache might be this one. (33.5 miles)

The loneliest cache in mainland Ireland seems to be here (24.2 miles) It's the only one in the county.

If you disallow offshore caches in the UK, then working out which... <pauses>

I need to get out more. :ph34r:

Edited by wildlifewriter
Again, not in the UK but I think this one Gokyo Ri takes some beating for remoteness.

And difficulty.

And terrain. :lol:

That ones been on my watchlist for a while now. Only 61 people watching it so not many really. Isn't there a TB placed on one of the magnetic pole markers ? cant find the cache at the moment but i know iv'e seen the listing somewhere. The South pole has a virtual cache.

Again, not in the UK but I think this one Gokyo Ri takes some beating for remoteness.

And difficulty.

And terrain. :D

Wow, long description, just reading it made me feel tired... sounds dead romantic though, if you like that sort of thing... I doubt I could convince my girl friend to go on this one though :lol: She likes the dif 1 ter 1 caches, the sort where you can drive up to it :lol: