Garmin Etrex Legend C

DiskDevil

Found this post on another part of the forum:

Check here for a great deal on the Garmin Legend C, it may take a little time to get but for a great savings I ordered one. The picture is not of the color unit but read the description it says color display, 24 megs, mini USB port, etc.

Garmin Etrex Legend C for $169.99

It is legit I just ordered one myself...says estimated delivery Dec.1, 2004

:lol:

What if they just send a package, you open it and you find the old Legend? Then you have the hassle of returning it. The lowest price I found for the Legend C on Froogle is $271. This would be $100 cheaper and Target is usually not the cheapest store, so I'd say it's an obvious mistake. And I would want the Vista C anyway...

OBVIOUSLY A MISTAKE!!

Who knows, maybe Target will take it on the chin and deliver on LegendC just to keep customers happy. But that is such a HUGE mistake, I doubt that they'll make good on it! They would lose a tremendous amount of money if they honor that price.

If you have an extra $180 layin' around, it might be worth it to give it a shot.

What other forum?. What discount code?

Discount code is at Target.com. Good for 10% off. Brought my total price (shipping and tax) to $165.88. Will be a great deal if they honor it.

The code is TCTENFREE4U2 and good through Oct. 15th. There is another for 10% off too but I used the one above.

Rich

Target does NOT have to honor the price if it's a mistake. From their Pricing Policy:

Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our Web site may be mispriced. Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our shipping procedures.

If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

That said, I sent an inquiry to very the price:

eTrex Legend C Bonus Pack -- $169.99 -- Catalog #: 579725 -

- ASIN: B0002VQ3UI -- This is listed as a new item. Is this price

correct? The MSRP is $374.99 -- Thanks

Their response:

Greetings from Target.com

I have verified that the current price on the "eTrex Legend C Bonus Pack" is $169.99. We confirm the price of an item when you place your order, but we do not charge your credit card until your order enters the shipping process.

We'll send you an e-mail message to let you know when your order’s been shipped. You can view the status of your order online by clicking the "My Account" link at the top of our Web site.

Best regards, Mary

Target.com Guest Service

My thinking is that she went to the web site, looked at the price, and said it was correct. When they finally get the items in stock and start shipping, I bet they'll discover their mistake then. At that point they'll probably just cancel all of the orders.

This topic is also being discussed in GPS Garage Sale.

tm

IF EVERYBODY STARTS ASKING THEM QUESTIONS, THEN THEY'LL START ASKING QUESTIONS TOO - AND THEN LEARN OF THEIR MISTAKE! :blink:

IF WE ALL KEEP QUIET, THEY MAY NOT REALIZE THEIR MISTAKE UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE (like after they do their inventory in 2005)!

Anyway, I just placed an order for three of them! What's the worst that can happen? They'll cancel the order - no biggie, Iggy! If they do ship, then Wooooo-Hooooo! :lol:

Edited by Neo_Geo

They aren't legally obligated to honor an advertisement in cases of typos or other errors. I wouldn't pester them about it though. They'll be more likely to discover the mistake sooner and less likely to ship the units.

If they send you the wrong item, send it back and get a refund. If they discover the mistake and cancel the order, you haven't lost anything. If they ship it for that price, you got a good deal.

-Bob

I meant to bring it up here a while back but I saw this well over a month ago at target.com. Checking the link and it is still the same. Description of the Legend C while showing the picture of the regular Lengend and having the same retail price of the regular Legend.

This has been there for a while. I found it when searching Target.com for info on accessories for the Etrex series. I wanted to know if they had some in stores but doesn't seem Target.com lists a lot more than what the brick and mortor stores carry.

I ordered mine yesterday. With the "discount code" and 2 day ups shipping it still came out to less than $169..........Even got an email confirmation stating it would be shipped on Nov 26th.

Darn! I should have ordered 3 more.

It will be sweet if they cough this one up.

Go JayBee