Addicted Already

kitmonster

I can't believe I only started this crazy game five days ago! Since downloading my first co-ords I've . . .

visited 2 parks near work I never thought of visiting

found a whole new area for wildlife photography

reinforced my wife's opinion that I'm mad - too much exciting chatter about something she has no idea about

started planning mad lunch time dashes

introduced two mates to this whole new world

dreaming about geocaching!

Please help - I'm addicted already.

Thanks to you all for creating this wonderful activity.

Edward

I am sure you will get over it, my doctor takes off the straight jacket every second Wednesday now for my hobby !!! :D

started planning mad lunch time dashes

You wait until there are no more you can manage within your lunch break... now thats a dilema ! What next !

Welcome to the clan.... I am sure you will enjoy it.

Next objective

reinforced my wife's opinion that I'm mad
is to convince the wife for a geo-caching holiday !!! :D

Thanks for the replies!

Geocaching holidays - now there's a thought!

Hi Chris - BTW, it's all your fault! Read your thread on epz that mentioned geocaching and this is where I ended up!

Got some catching up to do - just about managing one a day but the local ones are going to dry up soon. As for lunchtime dashes - I can make central London in 30 minutes so it's going to be fun.

Just wait till you think "that would be a good place for a cache" or when you can spot a puplic footpath marker while doing 60mph down the road, clock the location and look it up on the map when you get home.

I do that now.... only I just press the button on the side of the iQue that's attached to the dashboard for an instant recording of the location as I drive past. I transfer it to MemoryMap when I get home and work from there.

:D It only gets worse! Rainy days you sit in front of your computer reading all the logs for every cache within 20 miles...then 40 miles...then 100 miles. Just dreaming of being able to get out there and grab them.

Then there are all the forum posts that need to be kept up with. You start thinking of the posters as part of an extended family...the next thing you know you are talking with the Mrs. and start referring to people that she has never heard tell of... She starts thinking about having you committed...You need to get her addicted as well or else........................ :D

Lynn

Rainy days, don't sit in front of your PC!! ;) Get a good pair of waterproofs and get out there, ;) less muggles about ;) Wait until you get three stiches in your shoulder after an argument with a barbed wire fence and the only thing you can think about is will this stop me caching? :unsure: No way, has slowed me down a bit though ;)

Nick

Well rainy days aren't a problem - I'm a mountaineer whose spent plenty of time up Scottish mountains! I see there's a few I'll need to revisit . . .

So why doesn't this come with a health warning? The stress of a mad lunchtime dash, the adrenaline pumping as you close in on your quarry, the unexpected muggle heading your way, the dusk time forage on the way home - can't be good for you!

Hmm addiction.

I'm not addicted I can go a whole two weeks without caching! Well I can when the kids hide my car keys (I had to borrow my bosses car instead)

Must admit I have only dreamt about caching once. But I did make one of my caches easier because of it and placed loads of warnings on the page.

Lunchtime caches, none near enough anymore. I have been known to do a new one within half an hour of it going live though :unsure:

Anyway, rambled on enough. Welcome and Enjoy!

An event sounds good.

Well just done my first dawn cache - and in the rain. Had to wait half an hour for the sun to come up as I hadn't figured on it being so dark under the trees.

So how do you explain to your boss why yours shoes and trousers are covered in mud and you appear to have a few bits of ivy stuck in your clothes and hair? :blink:

So how do you explain to your boss why yours shoes and trousers are covered in mud and you appear to have a few bits of ivy stuck in your clothes and hair?  :blink:

Try to be as convincing as possible, while explaining that you took part in an armed bank robbery that morning. After a running gun battle with the police, you escaped by hiding in a nearby wood and took three schoolchildren hostage. Mention that you only got to work on time by hijacking a passing car, ramming through a roadblock and running two red lights.

Don't tell him you're a geocacher or you'll get the sack.