Percentage Of Owned Inactive Travel Bugs

cachefamily

I only have 4 travel bugs but all four (100%) haven't moved in 2 months. I have e-mailed reminders to move them along but with no luck. I'm reluctant to put any more out there. My question is, what percentage of owned travel bugs haven't moved in the last two months for any reason?

I did a search on this topic and failed to come up with anything so feel free to Markwell.

I have two of my four tags out. The First Cache Viking went missing after a couple months and resurfaced near 6 months later. It did take a letter sent to the person who had it. I was fortunate enough to have the cache owner of its last resting place send me the name (and address from internet search) of the person who took it logged the find in the log book but not online. It has been busy since.

Another Viking Escape is waiting in Florida (unless the huricane moved it) and has only been there a short time.

I would like to see 2-3 week turn arounds unless there is signs of the holder having fun with it which shows me it is still around and not lost.

Mine are batting .667. One AWOL TB was picked up by a noob about 6 months ago. He hadn't done much caching before, and has evidently not done any since. Emailing him resulted in no response.

I've got others that are doing okay. However, one of them has been in the hands of the same cacher for quite some time now. They've been traveling around and keep logging the TB into some of the caches they visit, and then grabbing it right back out. Oh well, at least it's active.

We have released 4 TBs.

One was picked up by a new cacher (just 3 finds), taken to Paris, but brought it back home to MA...and then lost it in the house according to email response finally received. He's never cached again. :o:o The TB was about 2 wks old & had moved only 3 times.

Another TB we released at a MA geo-picnic. It was picked up & brought to Vero Beach, FL at end of August. Since it appears the cache is on a small island on the Indian River side of the barrier island....I'm assuming that Hurricane Frances has claimed the cache & my TB. :huh: Not about to ask anyone in FL to go check on it. They have enough troubles right not.

So we are 50/50. :o

I have seven bugs out, and all have moved in the last two months, if you count the one I put in my own cache on 7/28 as having moved. (It actually started its journey in Wales, UK) Two are in Maryland (home base), one is in Idaho, one is in California, two are in the United Kingdom and one is in Hungary. So far, so good...

12 of my 24 bugs have not moved in around 2 months.

4 of them are geocoins, of which three are confirmed to be missing from the cache they were supposed to be in.

1 is an entrant in the Cannonball Run Travel Bug race. As you can imagine, I'm not very close to winning.

1 is in Florida.

YodaDoe

Of our seven TB's, the two that haven't moved in 2 months appear to be MIA or are being held captive. Our Dragonflyer #12 is a couple days shy of two months inactivity. It is a cannonball finisher (2nd place) that has not moved since getting placed into Winner's Circle. The cache/event only has one other log after DF was placed. Our other four TB's have all moved in the last week.

Edited by nwscout1

Here's an idea - how about everyone posting the waypoint ID for their TBs that haven't moved in a while. That way those of us reading the forums can see if any caches are close. I think it would be cool to be able to move a TB that is owned by some of the folks I see posting in these forums.

Here's my list:

Andrew's Mustang - sitting in Spooky Forest since 7/4/2004 - Myrtle Beach, SC

Lil Slugger - sitting in Something Silly in Shannon since 6/29/2004 - just north of Rome, GA.

Zack

Drives me crazy. My bug moved once quickly and then someone found it with friends from out of state. The friends took it from New York to Missouri supposedly with the intention of hiding it in a new geocache, but it has not resurfaced in months. I emailed the woman finder twice with no replies. I suppose some people keep them as souvineers????? It's just not right! I may try the smashed pennies instead which are trackable. Cheaper too!