Physical Log Books

shunra

When cache owners his or her cache, assuming that it isn't because it has been muggled, what do they do with the log books?

I recently had to replace a log sheet in a micro because it was full. My daughter wanted to have it, as she is just learning how to read, and she had fun deciphering the names of many people she actually knew. She's obviously lost it by now, but at least it has had some use and made someone happy.

I have some other log books from other archived lying around, gathering dust, and I don't quite know what to do with them. I'm not into scrapbooking, so there goes that. What do you all do, after having read all the entries one time?

So far, Ive only had to replace 1 log in 1 of my caches-

It only had 6-7 logs in it, so it wasnt full- but it wasnt a notebook, but rather

peices of paper stapled-

What did I do with it? Hmmm.... I'll have to go home and find it now that

you brought up this topic. I guess I will keep it with my cache bag, along with My travel bug duplicate tags. Although, Ive already read all the logs, so it really has become just another wad of paper.

I know of one fellow that turned his old logbooks into travel bugs. It was pretty neat to come across one of the TBs that I had signed a couple of years earlier.

That's a cool idea. The mission of the TB would be to visit the people who signed it, who would then be asked to put a check mark next to their name or something, and then return it to me.

And then I'd still be stuck with it <_<

I've also saved the logbooks from all of my event caches.

In Wisconsin, we have a hardbound Event Cache Log that gets passed from person to person. If you're at an event and you know you'll be holding one of your own, you take the book home with you and bring it to your event, then give it to whomever is holding the next one. It's kind of neat to see not only who came to previous events, but how the WGA membership has grown over the past couple of years.

I asked about this myself a while ago, and I STILL haven't done anything with mine. :) They are micro logs, so just rolled up pieces of paper, but I'm too sentimental to just toss them in the trash... So, they sit in the family room, just waiting for some unsuspecting innocent to ask "Hey, what are these?" In the past, this would be followed by "Well, let me tell you about this new hobby of ours..." However, most of the people who would be in our family room have already heard me going on and on all about Geocaching. <_<

MaisOui

:0)

I put mine in a drawer and just counted them: 29. This is mostly from caches I archived because I didn't like the highway access situation.

I like the travel bug idea. I might just use the 2nd Copy travel bug tags I have left over from my missing tb's and send the logbooks out on a little journey. What low-finder or muggle would want to steal a logbook TB?