Lame

bee keeper

"lame" usually means not very challenging, not different, too easy, done a thousand times, does nothing to add to the hobby. Some peoples idea of "lame" is different than others, though. An example of lame is usually given as a magnetic key holder cache stuck on a light post in a busy parking lot. But some people like those, so who knows?

Lame to me means a cache that is hidden with little thought given to the container, contents and location. This includes things like log only micros (in which the log is usually a sheet torn from notebook because they were too lazy to use scissors) attached to Burger King dumpsters, Gladware containers filled with junk and hidden under rotting plywood boards in litter strewn lots and ammo boxes hidden under bridges that also serve as a shooting den for heroin addicts, a meeting place for hookers and a homeless encampment.

Edited by briansnat
We should re-instate good virtuals and dump all the lame caches from this sport.

But lames have their virtues, there are those that cannot go after the tough ones so for them that is a good cache.

Don't forget, it's subjective. What you find lame, someone else will enjoy! Just because it's easy to get to doesn't mean it's lame. A very easy 1/1 micro I did down in San Diego a couple of years ago could be called lame by those standards, but it gave me the opportunity to get a view (and some awesome photos) of the city that I would have totally missed otherwise. Lame? I think not! :o

Just because it's easy to get to doesn't mean it's lame.

From my perspective difficulty doesn’t have anything to do with lame.

Lame is like when the cache container won’t seal; the contents or logbook are wet and there’s mud, worms and other critters living (or dead) in the cache.

Lame might also include micro caches a half mile into and off the trail of a densely forested area with lots of fallen limbs and undergrowth. Where dense canopy has the GPS thoroughly confused and where, in the still 100 degree heat, while constantly wiping the sweat out of your burning eyes you decrypt the hint to find it says, “Hey, you low life cheater, this one’s too easy. No hints.”

Or maybe where after walking a mile to it, the coordinates put you on the wrong side of a large creek.

Lame might also include micro caches a half mile into and off the trail of a densely forested area with lots of fallen limbs and undergrowth.

That's my definition of it... Micros should, IMO, be for something where a regular sized container just won't fit. If there's a spot big enough to hide at least a peanut butter jar, then you putting a micro there is LAME.

Seriously, though... What they said... Lame=Crappy or a hide with no thought in it or... the word pathetic could work here..