East Midlands Get Together?

John NW

Hi

We have been toying with this idea for a while now. Would anyone be interested in a get-together in the East Midlands? Probably at a pub/restaurant and more than likely on a Saturday or Sunday? We know a great carvery near Leicester close to a few caches around Charnwood Beacon - or if you would prefer somewhere else - please let us know and we will get the ball rolling. Sooner rather than later - hopefully. :)

Hi Guys,

Put us down as a possibly/maybe/probably :)

I hope to be there as East Mids Coordinator for the eZine!

However it is tricky to get time out from work so I never ask people to work round me coz my plans can change at anytime.

Good Luck and well done for starting the ball a'rollin'.

Simon from The Hokesters...

Thanks for your responses so far.

This is what we have come up with - there is a great restaurant/carvery at Charnwood - however it does get VERY busy, so maybe another time (Stu and Sarah). So we are thinking, if we are organising it, maybe it would be better in Mansfield (Happy Humphrey's suggestion too) And reading about the Exeter/Shropshire dates we don't want it to clash with any others so we were thinking Sunday September 26th, I know the date won't suit everyone but no date ever will. We will find a suitable venue shortly and make the details official - I know it means going out trying food and seeing how good various pubs are - but eh! Someone has to do it!! :P Any suggestions of what you would like - new caches - childrens cache - multi-cache - puzzle cache - Travel Bug Exchange - Geocacheuk shop - veggie food etc etc Please let us know and we will try to accomodate all your requests.

Regards

John and Carol :P:P

I should be able to get over to Mansfield that weekend. There are some nearby areas with great potential for new caches - how about placing a new one just before the get-together? The Robin Hood Way from Oxton to Eakring is just crying out for one, or closer to home, Fountain Dale near Harlow Wood. There are so many potential sites around there.

I'm happy to go along with the consensus, anyway. If the date is confirmed this week I can book flights or boats without having to pay a fortune...

HH

We have at lasst found a very good location for a meeting. This is the scenario so far.

The Place - The Arrow Public House in Arnold Nottinghamshire

The Time - Lunch time from 12 Noon onwards

The Date - Sunday 26th September

We look forward to seeing you there.

There will be a special cache for the day.

We might (if we get round to organising it) make it the start for the English Premiership Travel Bug Race. Free to enter, prize for the Winner. Similar setup to the US NFL Bug race but for Premiership Football teams and their stadia. More details to follow for this in the next few days - when we have got round to setting up a website for it!! If you wish to enter please contact us and we will e-mail you our address and then we will put your bug onto the race starting line.

We hope that lots can come - there is a wide varieety of food and inside and outside seating. :lol: