Shropshire Cachers Meet 5 Sep

Just a warning to all you cachers who like the lovely County of Shropshire -

Mady and I will be jointly holding a cachers meet somewhere in Shropshire on Sunday 5 Sep. It will be a lunchtime meet and hopefully there will be a new local souvenir cache that those who attend can find. All are welcome.

If you are interested can you please indicate it so that we can get some idea of the possible numbers. Also if there are any volunteers who would like to help with the organisation of the event then your time would be appreciated.

More information later - watch this space :o

Regards Jim & Mady

Yep, it clashes indeed.... and yes, there are crazy peeps who travel a long way to Event caches. This weekend... the Scotland Event beckons and the Ben Nevis ascent, for four of us South-West'ers (one from Cornwall, three from Devon). It's only 1,300 miles in total :o

I know there are quite a few people from up country coming to Exeter 3 weeks on Sunday (25 people currently watching the event).

We really enjoyed the last one so anyone who missed out should really try to get to this one. Unfortunately we are coming back from Ireland that weekend so will probably be unable to make it  ;)

Posted a note on the cache page. We can make it, we may have loads of irish TB's to offload on the day. Should be a great end to the holiday. Kids are looking forward to there special cache thats a really nice touch.

Sorry chaps, I'm going to stick with the Exeter event! Good luck with your event. I look forward to meeting up with you guys in the not to distant future!

Phew! Good on you :mad:

I was worried there'd be a mass exodus for people not wishing to make the trip to Exeter in favour of a shorter journey to Shropshire. The Exeter Event has 8 new caches approved already, with several more to come.

Sorry chaps, I'm going to stick with the Exeter event! Good luck with your event. I look forward to meeting up with you guys in the not to distant future!

Phew! Good on you :P

I was worried there'd be a mass exodus for people not wishing to make the trip to Exeter in favour of a shorter journey to Shropshire. The Exeter Event has 8 new caches approved already, with several more to come.

Stuey what is this all about - we are having a small family cache bash for people around here - this is not a competition to see who gets the most people attending. :mad:

Mady,

Please pencil The Forester in.

I'll source three of those Canadian 'prawns' for the barbie if I can, but I'll be there anyway, come hell or high water.

I dipped out of the Scottish cachebash in May as a result of car engine failure and my failure to persuade someone to offer me a helping hand to get there. I had to forego the more recent minibash at Kingshouse (GlenCoe) for all the work reasons which you know about. I ain't going to miss out on the Shropshire bash.

I'll be there or be square.

I expect the Time Lord is there already!

Cheers, The Forester

what's this Time Lord stuff?

Some anoxic bloke with a long scarf made a chronological inexactitude in the logbook on Snowdon's Pyg Trail cache.

He had already logged his presence there a week after I entered the beginning of the second third of my life.

I don't think it was the first time!

Cheers, The Forester

{sent from trudge's 'puter}

Edited by Trudge

In case anyone is interested, We have a few brand new USA Geocoins going spare that we will be bringing to the event. We will be charging 3.65 for each one, which is what we paid for them. We only have about half a dozen spare, so speak up if you want one. If demand is high we may get some more.

We wil also be bringing a load of 35mm film canisters (free), if anyone wants some, as the lady in the photo shop overestimated our requirements somewhat!

Tigger

Pengy&Tigger Posted on Aug 24 2004, 09:24 AM

In case anyone is interested, We have a few brand new USA Geocoins going spare that we will be bringing to the event. We will be charging 3.65 for each one, which is what we paid for them. We only have about half a dozen spare, so speak up if you want one. If demand is high we may get some more.

Email sent to you. :lol:

Just a few pointers to help navigate Oswestrie's eternally changing one way system.

A: Coming from the north:

Down the A5. Take the first turning to Oswestry.

>> Follow the one way system past Somerfieds on your right.

Watch for King Street on your right where the road narrows.

Turn right on King Street.

Cross over at the crossroads and continue up the hill.

At the staggered crossroads turn right up the hill.

Bear left at the fork in the road at the fire station, signposted to Trefonen.

Climb to the top of the hill and follow the GPSr.

B: Coming from the south:

Take the second exit for Oswestry.

Turn left at the T juncion and follow instructions as above at >>.

Look forward to seeing you all :o:rolleyes:

PS:

I'm just checking my passport to see if I can come down from Lancashire, otherwise I may have to sneak through Cheshire in P&T's slipstream - looks OK though!

If the officials complain just clobber'em with that trusty brolly or behead them with the steel rimmed bowler.

Edited by Mady
Yes it was a great event - thanks to all, and to Mark and Joan for giving me lunch - now if that was why you collected the extra tongs, I'm sorry! :blink:

Dont worry John,

After we fed you, we left the barbeque for others to use, obviously someone has hung their tongs on the end and forgotten about them.

When I was packing up, I was in such a rush to get off caching in our convey I packed them without even noticing that they shouldn't have been there. How else did I not see that I packed two pairs of tongs. Caching on the brain. (Not addicted honest)

Joan

:D:D:D:D:D

Forester is laying claim to the extra tongs. When I was cleaning up there were only 2 out 3 implements to be washed. Martin thought they were in the bucket that went home with Jim.

We would like to thank everyone who attended and made it a great day. Without you all it would not have worked. Congrats to Madjon for winning the BBQ and hopefully he gets a chance to use it real soon.

Martin and Lynn

someone has hung their tongs on the end and forgotten about them.

That was me.

B)

We'll figure out a way to get them back to Mady some other time, perhaps arranging for you to drop them at a cachesite which you and Mady haven't yet done in a syncronised manner.

Anyway, no worries: it was a very cheap set of implements and is no great loss -- even to a Scotsman :)

Cheers, The Forester