Caching

archeangelsk2002

hello folks,

let me redefine the term newbie.

myself and lost fool were looking for the paramount brand x cache. at the coordinates was what i thought to be a hidden cache of ammo box size. it was the size of an ammo box, maybe a little bigger, od gery in color, and hidden up under a pine tree. well now its a good thing lost fool was there with me cause he stopped me before i opened it. turns out the thing was a rat poison/rat motel/rat trap.Rats go in and no rats come out.

me and lost fool should have figured it out sooner...after i had already tuoched it and revealed the"POISON:DO NOT TOUCH!!!" phrase on top of the container. :(

regards

archeangelsk2002

I have concerns about some of the clever containers that hiders use to make it difficult if not impossible to "make sure it is a cache" before opening it. One that really bothers me is fake electrical boxes. I can easily imagine someone prying open a real electrical box, thinking that its the cache, and getting a shock. Even fake sprinkler heads and similar containers lead me to worry about damage to real sprinkler heads caused by determined seekers checking to see which one is the real cache.

I have concerns about some of the clever containers that hiders use to make it difficult if not impossible to "make sure it is a cache" before opening it. One that really bothers me is fake electrical boxes. I can easily imagine someone prying open a real electrical box, thinking that its the cache, and getting a shock. Even fake sprinkler heads and similar containers lead me to worry about damage to real sprinkler heads caused by determined seekers checking to see which one is the real cache.

AMEN! I've already seen signs of damage in a few caches placed near structures. Urban micro-hunters can be vicious and unrelenting sometimes and will open up light-pole access panels and telephone junction boxes. Another reason I dislike some of the micro placements that have been allowed. Just waiting for the first lawsuit.

myself and lost fool were looking for the paramount brand x cache. at the coordinates was what i thought to be a hidden cache of ammo box size. it was the size of an ammo box, maybe a little bigger, od gery in color, and hidden up under a pine tree. well now its a good thing lost fool was there with me cause he stopped me before i opened it. turns out the thing was a rat poison/rat motel/rat trap.Rats go in and no rats come out.

me and lost fool should have figured it out sooner...after i had already tuoched it and revealed the"POISON:DO NOT TOUCH!!!" phrase on top of the container. :o

regards

archeangelsk2002

That was my cache you were looking for and it was a pickle that you should have been looking for.

me and lost fool should have figured it out sooner...after i had already tuoched it and revealed the"POISON:DO NOT TOUCH!!!" phrase on top of the container. :mad:

regards

archeangelsk2002

That was my cache you were looking for and it was a pickle that you should have been looking for.

Heya Turtle... Just now getting around to reading up on some of the forum stuff. Wanted to let you know that I had told Arche what he was looking for (as I had logged it way previously), but.. ya just gotta know Arche. :D He's just a curious sot! *chuckle*

-- LostFool

:("Never Underestimate ..."