Cache On An Island

Some friends of ours recently tried to do this one:

Heffalump's Island - Derwent Water: NY 26382 21351

The cache is hidden on an average sized island on Derwent Water.

Find the huge boulder. The root of the solution is sixteen paces north and seven west.

Unfortunately I don't know the "G" code for it.. They didn't make it becuase of problems hiring a boat.

And I thought all GB caches were on an island?! B)

A good point well made!

"This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,

This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,

This other Eden, demi-paradise,

This fortress built by Nature for herself

Against infection and the hand of war,

This happy breed of men, this little world,

This precious stone set in the silver sea,

Which serves it in the office of a wall

Or as a moat defensive to a house,

Against the envy of less happier lands,

This blessed plot, this earth,

this realm, this England."

--Shakespeare: Richard II

SP ;)

Edited for wonky italics. In the sense that they weren't working, not that...etc.

Edited by Simply Paul
Would any upset proud Scot or Welshman (or woman) please direct their howls of outrage to:

William Shakespeare,

c/o Holy Trinity Churchyard,

Stratford upon Avon.

Thank you.

SP :D

WHY?? ^_^

When Shakespeare wrote that people were none the wiser, You however posted it onto the forum page.

It is comments like the above that make me wonder why the English don't understand why we don't support them in certain worldwide sports.

For example when Damon Hill was a champion he was refered too by commentators as English. When David Coulthard was doing well and looked as having a chance of taking the championship he was refered too by commentators as British. This is just one example of why we don't like this 'Sceptred Isle', as being described as just England, the Union flag after all, is made up of three different national flags.

End of my Patriotic whinge, :P:P

Stand back and wait from the usual howls of outrage from disaffected Scots and Welsh who are also part of the same island

You wont hear any complaints from the younger members here in the Principality :P, as they don't have to study the bard, for their exams. Unlike their poor counterparts in England :P. How about that for a howl of outrage :D:D.

Dave ^_^

I spend too much time online to consider myself English these days. I'm a member of a global race of cyber-geeks. At a push I might call myself British (although I'm simply a European, according to my passport) but until the English stop behaving like (or rather as) drunken thuggish idiots abroad I don't really want to be associated with them. As a nation our human rights history is a bit iffy at best and I appreciate why the French don't like us. Having the Eurostar pull into Waterloo station can't help. And we do wind the Welsh and Scots up by having a Queen of England. Believe me, I do understand the reluctance (a carefully chosen word) of other members of the United Kingdom (small joke there) to support English teams but I have to disagree that Coulthard gets called British. The cross of St. Andrew on his crash-helmet is a bit of a giveaway. I respect his pride in the country that invented the pneumatic tyre, the television and the fine, decent sport of Golf. Similarly, I think Wales is a beautiful country that gave birth to Dylan Thomas and Richard Burton...and the national dish is lovely too...

On the other hand, I think I have every right to be as patriotic as I can manage about England and the English. Winston Churchill. Darwin. Roger Banister. Jeremy Clarkson (!) And yes, Shakespeare. The hovercraft. The industrial revolution... Cheddar cheese!

Anyway, I can't hang on here banging my patriotic drum. I need to go and have to have a tattoo of a bulldog removed from my arm as the methods they use to breed them to be extra ugly and the resulting health problems they suffer is clearly cruel. There is a certain irony that this symbol of English pride has become a wheezy, sickly mutt...

Simply Paul, in support of an Independent Future for the Principality of Cornwall.

cornwall.gif

P.S. It's 'to' not 'too'. Queens English, old chap. ^_^

P.P.S. I *really* do love Scotland and Wales, the Scottish and the Welsh. It's those folks from Xenophobia that I actually hate.

Edited by Simply Paul
Simply Paul, in support of an Independent Future for the Principality of Cornwall.

cornwall.gif

P.S. It's 'to' not 'too'. Queens English, old chap. :D

P.P.S. I *really* do love Scotland and Wales, the Scottish and the Welsh. It's those folks from Xenophobia that I actually hate.

But Paul after all that you aren't even English :P you are Gealic, ^_^ which makes you akin with the rest of Great Britain putting England aside.

Please correct me if I am wrong but the Cornish do not class themselves as being English. :P

And yes you are right about To not Too, Queens English and all that. As a point of interest the only City in the Untied Kingdom that actually speaks Queens English is Aberdeen, Before you say it, it's not Oxford. That is were written English comes from. :D

Actually I'm a hybrid of genuine Cockney and Northumbrian, which means I'm probably a little Scots (border raiding parties a looting and a pillaging) and a little Nordic (I was very blonde and blue-eyed when I was little - see below) mixed with cheeky-chappy-charm. I'm a mongrel and proud of it. I have, however, always enjoyed the west-country accent, moi luuva.

blue-eyed-boy.jpg

SP ^_^

If we are laying claim to race I guess I must be a Pict (short dark with blue eyes). Watered down with a bit of viking blood (the short beer bellied viking blood type).

So you are all welcome to come to Pictland to look for my caches ^_^ . But no pillaging and burning allowed as that was the viking part and we dont like it done to us. :P

Returning to the original question about an island...

There is a cache in the north of Scotland that is on an island - however, I can't divulge any further information about its whereabouts. It has had two visits so far, one in 2003 and one this year. Its rated 5 at least....