Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

21543db6-2095-4d22-9d41-8ab58e6f695a.jpg

AmishHacker, man you do some awesome art work. Do you think you could make me an avatar. A combination of any or all of the stuff below.

I live in Missouri. Male, my handle is first 2 letters of Laclede County and the abbrev for Missouri. I like the geo colors yellow, green,blue and orange. I drive a Silver colored Jeep Grand Cherokee and I use a Garman etrex Venture Cx.

Excellent

Man you did a great job and I really appreciate it.

I've been checking on this thread for 2 yrs and am constantly amazed by the quality of work, as well as the cheerful help. Too bad it's so hard to find these qualities in everyday life.

I have my attempt at an avatar for my kids and I used here I hope. I've never been able to resize it to look more substantial. Can anyone help?

91fecd71-41d0-404b-b1ee-d93e34a9df4a.jpg

I've been checking on this thread for 2 yrs and am constantly amazed by the quality of work, as well as the cheerful help. Too bad it's so hard to find these qualities in everyday life.

I have my attempt at an avatar for my kids and I used here I hope. I've never been able to resize it to look more substantial. Can anyone help?

I'm brand new here.

My fiance and I have JUST got into Geocaching. I was wondering if Amishhacker could make me an avatar and a logo that I can use when I get signature items made such as coins and such.

Here's what I was thinking. (my ancestors were Knights in England lol)

I wanted a Coat of Arms like the one shown here.

http://www.whipple.org/images/whipcoa.jpg

The differences:

The shield should be Gray/Blue/Gray with a goldish colored Garmin Venture Cx or just a good representation of one in the center.

The banner on top and bottom should be blue.

The top banner should say "Wes & Adria"

The bottom banner should say "Geocaching since 6/07"

Replace the helmet with a Liberty Bell that has no crack in it. It can just be a bell it doesn't have to look exactly like the liberty bell. It can be goldish colored to match the Garmin. (my last name is Bell and our original coat of arms had a bell on it!)

All that crazy stuff whipping around the sides should match the shield. Blue and Gray and it doesn't have to be anywhere near as intricate.

Man I would be so thankful if someone could do that for me. I'd love an avatar for the forums and a logo to use on signature items.

I would be forever endebted to you!

Wes

p.s. I LOVE this site and this sport is amazing!

My turn...

my caching name is hike n'bike

I seem to do a fair amount of hiking into out of the way caches, I ride both pedal and a motor bike (cruiser style), own a jeep, female, my jack russel terrier is generally with me, Vancouver Island, BC

I have been trying to figure out how to make an avatar but come up frustrated so anyone with any ideas it would be appreciated

So I gave it a try......what do you think?

I have one that I started, to give you an idea on what I might be looking for...

av1.jpg

What I would like is for all the pillars to be in 3d and be in that half circle like I have them in, but rotated to look like they are wrapping around it and not just there. From the tops of the pillars I would like something like mini satellite dishes with signals coming out of them pointing down towards a person holding an external antenna GPS ( can be a stick figure or what might be better, would be signal the frog holding the GPS ) . And then have my name along the open area in front, flat and going with the curve. Would it be possible to place the geocaching logo flat in the circle? Like it would look, if it was on a rug. If not that's OK. That's my Idea. Thank you everyone who who might be able to help me with this idea I have. genegene

Edited by genegene

My turn...

my caching name is hike n'bike

I seem to do a fair amount of hiking into out of the way caches, I ride both pedal and a motor bike (cruiser style), own a jeep, female, my jack russel terrier is generally with me, Vancouver Island, BC

I have been trying to figure out how to make an avatar but come up frustrated so anyone with any ideas it would be appreciated

So I gave it a try......what do you think?

Hmm now where did I put that avatar?

Deafhunt: your request is a little vague. Please let others know what you are looking for in an avatar and a little about yourself. Are you easy going or a very stressed out person? place that here and then sit back and wait. some one will eventually notice it and then work on it to the best of there abilities.

ok sorry it been long week

i am deaf and 20 and i am freak about geocaching . i am look for avatar ..... I would like a man hunt for geocaching and himself is deaf with nice background . i like see geocache in it . if you have idea give a kick in it if you like it . :signalviolin:

Could I get some help cleaning up my avitar? MS Paint is what I have availble and it just doesn't cut it.

What I would like to change;

Having the red AZ overlapping the oval in the lower right quadrant of the oval.

adding "Flagstaff Arizona inside and on the bottom of the oval, conforming to the curve in a small font.

Thanks in advance

Could I get some help cleaning up my avitar? MS Paint is what I have availble and it just doesn't cut it.

What I would like to change;

Having the red AZ overlapping the oval in the lower right quadrant of the oval.

adding "Flagstaff Arizona inside and on the bottom of the oval, conforming to the curve in a small font.

Thanks in advance

Something like this? Sorry, the Flagstaff Arizona is going to be impossible to read at 75 pixels width.

flgsmall.jpg

Here is what it looks like somewhat larger.

flg.jpg

If this isn't something you want to use, no big deal. I just popped in here and saw the request, and this one was easy enough to do fairly quickly.

Angie

(FamilyMac Matriarch)

Thanks Angie, apprieciate your help, I think it looks nice.

Something like this? Sorry, the Flagstaff Arizona is going to be impossible to read at 75 pixels width.

flgsmall.jpg

Here is what it looks like somewhat larger.

flg.jpg

Angie

(FamilyMac Matriarch)

it not bad but i am looking for extioc for my avatar so people can id my name with out gusss like man who hunt for geocachin and himself is deaf . Picture tell thouand word . but i will add my "found it card "

7f81fc42-5b4d-45da-956f-d0b0b8d0d08c.jpg

0d7bbcfb-fa58-4639-98b8-a2792ff66999.jpg

Here's an idea for deafhunt. I'm not exactly a graphic artist, but I thought it might be fun to try.

NOTE:

It would be great if this topic can be pinned....there are so many requests. I will try and do what I can but if anyone else wants to jump in and make some they are more than welcome....really like the mustard devil.

ALSO:

If you are making a request.....

1. Make sure to post more than just asking for one.....what are your ideas....are you male....female....what type of GPS do you have.......what is the meaning of your name.....etc

2. I may do others before yours because I have an idea or it may be easy to roll out

3. I may not get to yours at all.

4. Please be patient.

If you are going to post and avatar for someone else.....put there name first in Bold, Impact font, Largest, and Red. If you create more than one for them post to the same message or edit your existing one.

Thank You

AmishHacker

There are some really nice avatars on here. I was wondering if someone could take a crack at one for us, as I am artistically challenged. Our caching name is kevnjenn. I am Kevin, my wife is Jennifer. Last name is Green. The three little cachers with us are 8, 4, and 2. We use an Etrex Legend. I am active duty Air Force, but not a pilot. Originally from Missouri, fond of the US flag, country music, and geocaching. I threw this one together a while back, but it is pretty lame...

20b57b2e-f581-42cb-bf96-649d3e118421.jpg

Thanks.

kevnjenn

Kevnjenn,

Do you prefer the usual square avitar, or would you be interested in a big rectangular one like mine?

Also, would you prefer striking loud colors, or something tame and nondescript?

What single symbol means the most to you, as a geocacher?

Are you looking for an avitar with your name in it, or would you rather stick to a symbol or picture?

Kevnjenn,

Do you prefer the usual square avitar, or would you be interested in a big rectangular one like mine?

Also, would you prefer striking loud colors, or something tame and nondescript?

What single symbol means the most to you, as a geocacher?

Are you looking for an avitar with your name in it, or would you rather stick to a symbol or picture?

Dang, I knew somebody was going to make me sit down and think about this thing... :laughing: I would prefer the square size, in case I can talk the Mrs. into a coin later on. I think probably our name, the state of Missouri, and the geocaching symbol/colors are the the more important things. I'm not sure about the colors. I would say overall, we are probably a more tame color family, but I like what you did with deafhunt's colors.

Kevnjenn:

97724149-9488-462c-b09f-c9d7a3c42985.jpg

The resolution will be weaker when you make it your avitar, so you might also try the alternative for a clearer picture:

d7da65a8-c2a4-4e51-92d5-b07da712621f.jpg

If it's close enough to what you want and you'd like any changes, I'll see what I can do. If you get any other ideas, we'll see what we can come up with.

nonaeroterraqueous,

Thanks, dude. I like it. Let me think on it for a day or so regarding any changes, but, really, I like it as is. Thanks again.

kevnjenn

Guess I'll see if someone can improve mine for me.

Currently I'm using this:

coin1.jpg

I want to get something I could use both for an avatar and a coin. I can print this image out on labels to put on poker chips, but if I ever want to get something like a geocoin made, I think this is a little too detailed.

About me, I'm male, easy going, and my geocaching name ScarabDrowner is an anagram of my first and last names.

I'm not too interested in integrating the geocaching colors or gpsr's or such like that... just something nice and clean and simple.

Edited by ScarabDrowner

since you sound getting better can you add mine name in that one ?

Deafhunt

acb8181d-e987-4c6f-8eed-96e5b3d9644b.jpge82920a1-8e77-4963-8349-82b244bffd3b.jpg

Because the sign language font is very detailed, it is hard to read in a small size. I could only use it with a tall avitar. These are two ideas. Tell me if you want any changes and I'll see what I can do.

They lose some resolution at a smaller size when they become an avitar.

ScarabDrowner:

That's a pretty good picture you have already. The highlights might present a problem for a geocoin, and the colors are pretty close together in range, which takes away from the contrast you might want on a coin. I could run it through a program that might make it easier to coin, but I doubt that it would be artistically better. In fact, I'm sure it would be worse, but the design would be simplified.

It just seems like it would be a shame to tamper with something that already looks great.

ScarabDrowner:

That's a pretty good picture you have already. The highlights might present a problem for a geocoin, and the colors are pretty close together in range, which takes away from the contrast you might want on a coin. I could run it through a program that might make it easier to coin, but I doubt that it would be artistically better. In fact, I'm sure it would be worse, but the design would be simplified.

It just seems like it would be a shame to tamper with something that already looks great.

If you could give it a try, see how it turns out, I'd appreciate it. Perhaps take out the bubble glare and the highlights on the body & wings, and perhaps make the lines a little darker. I understand that to get it as a coin it won't look as good as it does now, but I'm willing to have it modified for that purpose.

Thanks B)

oops, almost forgot... if it helps any, I have two, plainer, versions of this image here and here (slightly colored). The text would need to be removed from them... it's a defunct website address from several years ago. I think the colored version might be a good candidate to start from.

23c0c234-8f3f-4147-abf0-62212b5a7724.jpg

ScarabDrowner:

The program that I ran it through had difficulty with the subtle hues, so I just had to re-draw it. Here's how it is at the moment, no highlights, bolder lines, simplified design, darker hues. Is this what you were thinking of?

Very cool Nonaeroterraqueous! I like your avatar too! B)

Thanks!

Actually, when I went to make my avitar I was plesantly surprised to find that my software had automatically updated itself, which helped quite a bit in the making. A few days ago, when I tried to use those functions again, I found that the software had reverted and removed those features from itself. It's the strangest beast of a program I've ever seen.

Edited by nonaeroterraqueous