Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

edit:

Returning rudeness with more rudeness ain't cool. I'm all grown up now. :laughing:

???????????????????????

Sorry I offended you Jeep_Dog. Not sure what was rude about my previous post but I deleted it.

Jim

I didn't think your post was rude.... it was a nice request, and when I get a chance later, I'll take a stab at it. :D

I didn't think your post was rude.... it was a nice request, and when I get a chance later, I'll take a stab at it. :laughing:

Thanks mizdeeds, but I'm not sure I could use it on the forums since I seemed to have rubbed Jeep_Dog the wrong way. I did want a avatar for a sig item, but guess I'll just skip it.

Jim

That is very cool! I will pass it by the rest of the team.

As you can see from our avatar as posted, we shortened it a bit but now we have blank space. Can it be saved? Do we have the technology to fix him, to make him better than before?

Thanks! :(

You bet! Here you go:

wrastro-short.jpg

:laughing:

:D:D

Sorry I offended you Jeep_Dog. Not sure what was rude about my previous post but I deleted it.

Jim

It was not in your post. No rudeness - MY post was rude, and I had to kill it. Jholly, your post was a nice request for an avatar, and if Miz doesn't beat me to the task, I plan on working on it tomorrow or the day after.

Now that it has caused angst, here's an explanation - my post reflected on that if I had a request for an avatar, and multiple folks gave it a try, I would thank ALL of them. That is often the case here. Yet, this comment is really not worth the time (or wasn't).

Anyhoo - none of this is in regards to your post (just a silly happenstance of random placement), so my apologies!

Edited by Jeep_Dog

Jim

It was not in your post. No rudeness - MY post was rude, and I had to kill it. Jholly, your post was a nice request for an avatar, and if Miz doesn't beat me to the task, I plan on working on it tomorrow or the day after.

Now that it has caused angst, here's an explanation - my post reflected on that if I had a request for an avatar, and multiple folks gave it a try, I would thank ALL of them. That is often the case here. Yet, this comment is really not worth the time (or wasn't).

Anyhoo - none of this is in regards to your post (just a silly happenstance of random placement), so my apologies!

Thank you for clearing up my confusion Jeep_Dog. Apologies cheerfully accepted. :D

The request was for an avatar/sig item on a Marvin the Martin theme with a "jholly was here" message. If there is discomfort about copyrights (as far as I can tell from the WB site use in a personal non-commercial context is permitted) a kilroy theme would be great. I'm also an Opus fan but I have not looked at any copyright issues there.

TIA,

Jim

Thank you for clearing up my confusion Jeep_Dog. Apologies cheerfully accepted. :D

The request was for an avatar/sig item on a Marvin the Martin theme with a "jholly was here" message. If there is discomfort about copyrights (as far as I can tell from the WB site use in a personal non-commercial context is permitted) a kilroy theme would be great. I'm also an Opus fan but I have not looked at any copyright issues there.

TIA,

Jim

How about this?

jholly-lg.jpg .... jholly.jpg

Larger version for sig items .. & small for forum av

Wow, this GIMP program is really great. I've been killing myself on MS Paint the whole time. Martinelli (I think that's how it's spelled) suggested downloading GIMP off the internet for free, and I did, but then it sat on my computer for a while as I worked up the courage to figure out how to use it. I've managed a few designs already, and now I've got a new logo for myself. I never could have done this before.

e7dfdf75-39af-4c58-96ac-8b62406464b2.jpg

Wow, this GIMP program is really great. I've been killing myself on MS Paint the whole time. Martinelli (I think that's how it's spelled) suggested downloading GIMP off the internet for free, and I did, but then it sat on my computer for a while as I worked up the courage to figure out how to use it. I've managed a few designs already, and now I've got a new logo for myself. I never could have done this before.

Very nice!! When I look at those bright spots, they appear to be moving... tell me it's an optical illusion! :D

Miz :D

Wow! Marvin and Kilroy together! Looks really neat! Could I ask for a tweak on the sig item one? The Geocaching logo a bit smaller and the text in a circle at the top? I was going to put it on a round piece.

Thanks!

Jim

You're welcome! :rolleyes: I had to change the font, the other one didn't look too good curved.

Is this what you're looking for?

jholly-rnd.jpg

Very nice!! When I look at those bright spots, they appear to be moving... tell me it's an optical illusion! :lol:

Miz :huh:

Tempting... but to make it believable, those bright spots need to be redrawn as they move. The vector angle would have to rotate, and the vector length would probably need to change. Too hard.

You know how I used to do color gradients with MS Paint?

First color:

Hue: 220

Sat: 240

Lum: 120

Second color:

Hue: 210

Sat: 142

Lum: 102

183 bits from one end to the other.

Difference between colors:

Hue: 10

Sat: -98

Lum: -18

Difference per bit:

Hue: about 1 per 18 bits

Sat: about -1 per 2 bits

Lum: about -1 per 10 bits

So from one end to the other, I'd need to change the saturation every two bits, the Luminesence every ten bits and the hue every eighteen bits. Zoom in as far as I can go and start counting bits...one...two...three....

Very nice!! When I look at those bright spots, they appear to be moving... tell me it's an optical illusion! :huh:

Miz :anibad:

Tempting... but to make it believable, those bright spots need to be redrawn as they move. The vector angle would have to rotate, and the vector length would probably need to change. Too hard.

You know how I used to do color gradients with MS Paint?

First color:

Hue: 220

Sat: 240

Lum: 120

Second color:

Hue: 210

Sat: 142

Lum: 102

183 bits from one end to the other.

Difference between colors:

Hue: 10

Sat: -98

Lum: -18

Difference per bit:

Hue: about 1 per 18 bits

Sat: about -1 per 2 bits

Lum: about -1 per 10 bits

So from one end to the other, I'd need to change the saturation every two bits, the Luminesence every ten bits and the hue every eighteen bits. Zoom in as far as I can go and start counting bits...one...two...three....

That went so far over my head I barely heard the wind whistling as it went by!! :lol:

I just use Photoshop and let it do things for me... I have no idea how half of it is done, or for that matter, how to use half the great features it has!

(edit: added more)

Edited by mizdeeds

It looks like this thread has been revived after being somewhat dormant. Great!

A while back I asked if anybody could come up with something for me. I realize that it was in the middle of summer, the best caching weather, and people were busy hiding and seeking.

Now it seems, with winter setting in, folks have more time to create some really cool avatars.

So, any ideas?

I fly-fish for trout here in the mountains of West Virginia, and often combine fishing trips with geocaching.

Thanks in advance,

Troutbum1

It looks like this thread has been revived after being somewhat dormant. Great!

A while back I asked if anybody could come up with something for me. I realize that it was in the middle of summer, the best caching weather, and people were busy hiding and seeking.

Now it seems, with winter setting in, folks have more time to create some really cool avatars.

So, any ideas?

I fly-fish for trout here in the mountains of West Virginia, and often combine fishing trips with geocaching.

Thanks in advance,

Troutbum1

How about this:

troutbum.jpg

Hi all

Ive been wanting a new avatar for ages and ive done a lot of searching and photoshopping but i just cant find a good one

I own a garmin gpsmap60cs

It would be good if it had something to do with my geocaching name

And the avatar cant be more than 6kb and its width cant be more than 100 pixels and its height cant be more than 150 pixels

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Edited by doobie doo3

I've been hesitant to make a request for a couple months now. Asking for help with anything just isn't in my nature, but I guess I'll ask anyway.

I have loved the designs I have seen for others. GREAT creativity and artistry.

This would be for avatar, and wooden nickel, possible a geocoin down the road.

I have been trying to come up with a scuba design. The clip-art I have found hasn't really 'jumped out' at me. It has been very cartoonish, or too detailed to work well for a coin. I like scuba, wreck diving, and treasure hunting (real and geocaching).

If you come up with something, let me know. Just don't make me any kind of priority, I hate the idea of impossing,,,, see, there I go again.

If I like it, I'll be sending you a nickel, coin, or what ever I have it made into.

Thanks,

Scuba dude

Hi all

Ive been wanting a new avatar for ages and ive done a lot of searching and photoshopping but i just cant find a good one

I own a garmin gpsmap60cs

It would be good if it had something to do with my geocaching name

And the avatar cant be more than 6kb and its width cant be more than 100 pixels and its height cant be more than 150 pixels

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Drawing a blank on this one..... what's a doobie doo? :laughing: Give me a few more ideas and I'll try to come up with something.

;)

Well to be truthful im not entirely sure what a doobie doo is either, but i liked the name so i made it my caching name.

Perhaps something like a penguin (a strange one) holding a gps with the geocaching colors on it or in the

background

if not any ideas that you come up with would be great

Okay, how about this?

Size and background for this forum:

doobiedoo3.jpg

Plain background and 6k size:

doobiedoo3%20copy.gif

I know it is nothing amazing just something I drew up on MS paint but how does my icon look? I cant really judge because I have no art talent (well accept technical theater) so when ever I make something and it looks vaguely like I imagined I am happy. So just some gentle opinion would be nice. Or if any one has the time to make a icon for me (I am sure would be better). I will edit my post or make a new one later with more specific details, hopefully after my name change goes through (Bill Waypoint). Although I like the penguin gps thing doobie got allot. Maybe I will try to come up with an idea using an animal.

I know it is nothing amazing just something I drew up on MS paint but how does my icon look? I cant really judge because I have no art talent (well accept technical theater) so when ever I make something and it looks vaguely like I imagined I am happy. So just some gentle opinion would be nice. Or if any one has the time to make a icon for me (I am sure would be better). I will edit my post or make a new one later with more specific details, hopefully after my name change goes through (Bill Waypoint). Although I like the penguin gps thing doobie got allot. Maybe I will try to come up with an idea using an animal.

I think you did a great job! :unsure:

I've been hesitant to make a request for a couple months now. Asking for help with anything just isn't in my nature, but I guess I'll ask anyway.

I have loved the designs I have seen for others. GREAT creativity and artistry.

This would be for avatar, and wooden nickel, possible a geocoin down the road.

I have been trying to come up with a scuba design. The clip-art I have found hasn't really 'jumped out' at me. It has been very cartoonish, or too detailed to work well for a coin. I like scuba, wreck diving, and treasure hunting (real and geocaching).

If you come up with something, let me know. Just don't make me any kind of priority, I hate the idea of impossing,,,, see, there I go again.

If I like it, I'll be sending you a nickel, coin, or what ever I have it made into.

Thanks,

Scuba dude

I had an idea for this one, but I don't think it would work well on a coin or wooden nickle. :unsure:

It would work for a forum av:

scubadude.jpg

Hi there,

We are pretty much newbies, but we have decided the time has come to get an avatar, plus we also want to use it for our profile picture at geocaching.com. We can not pay in geocoins or any such thing - only in great thankfulness and appreciation (so understandably we will not be at the top of the list).

We need a polar bear (for PB) of course and an apple (for Annie the teacher) and maybe a fern (silver or otherwise) in there for New Zealand - but that's not essential if it gets a bit cluttered. (Maybe the bear could be holding the apple???? ) We would like a clear, cartoonish sort of look perhaps, something with a limited colour palette so it doesn't get too muddly looking when small.

Hi there,

We are pretty much newbies, but we have decided the time has come to get an avatar, plus we also want to use it for our profile picture at geocaching.com. We can not pay in geocoins or any such thing - only in great thankfulness and appreciation (so understandably we will not be at the top of the list).

We need a polar bear (for PB) of course and an apple (for Annie the teacher) and maybe a fern (silver or otherwise) in there for New Zealand - but that's not essential if it gets a bit cluttered. (Maybe the bear could be holding the apple???? ) We would like a clear, cartoonish sort of look perhaps, something with a limited colour palette so it doesn't get too muddly looking when small.

How about this?

anniepb-av.jpg

Forum sized

anniepb.jpg

Larger with plain background for profile

:unsure:

Thanks so much! Your work of art has the Polar Bear seal of approval now as well as mine.

His first comment was "We could use that on a signature card too!"

Would that be alright if we did use it for that too - we would give you credit of course.

Annie

You're welcome! I'm glad you like it! It's yours to use however you wish. I just do these for the fun and enjoyment, and am happy when folks like 'em!

:unsure:

Well it looks like nobody has had any requests here for a while, so I was wondering if I could maybe put one on here? :D I'm really at a loss for an avatar. Obviously, I'm using a photograph right now. I made a yahoo avatar of a likeness of me in a hiking outfit but obviously, they don't have GPSrs as an "accessory." geo.jpg

We are also trying to come up with a "logo" if you can help us with that? We sign our logs as "Team Sassy." I originally thought of maybe the smiley (found it smiley) with the geocaching colors inside and "Team Sassy" circled around it - I know - real original, but Sassy is really hard to define... or the geocache treasure chest with the name in gradient geocaching colors. Any help, suggestions, ideas, comments, etc. would be welcome! Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sassygeogirl

I hope that you don't mind, but I could really use some help with mine too. Davies is our last name, 'Nisus" means and effortful adventure. It made sense at the time. But now I have no idea of how to create something to represent us. We are a family team of 4. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please just get in touch.

Well it looks like nobody has had any requests here for a while, so I was wondering if I could maybe put one on here? :P I'm really at a loss for an avatar. Obviously, I'm using a photograph right now. I made a yahoo avatar of a likeness of me in a hiking outfit but obviously, they don't have GPSrs as an "accessory." geo.jpg

We are also trying to come up with a "logo" if you can help us with that? We sign our logs as "Team Sassy." I originally thought of maybe the smiley (found it smiley) with the geocaching colors inside and "Team Sassy" circled around it - I know - real original, but Sassy is really hard to define... or the geocache treasure chest with the name in gradient geocaching colors. Any help, suggestions, ideas, comments, etc. would be welcome! Thanks in advance!

How about.....

For avatar:

teamsassy-av.jpg

For Sigs:

teamsassy-sig.jpg

I hope that you don't mind, but I could really use some help with mine too. Davies is our last name, 'Nisus" means and effortful adventure. It made sense at the time. But now I have no idea of how to create something to represent us. We are a family team of 4. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please just get in touch.

Drawing a blank here...... need ideas...

:P

Can anybody do anything with this? :o

babyangel.jpg

Maybe give him some red hair... maybe sitting on an ammo can or have one behind him?

THANKS!!! I no longer have photoshop at home. I was no good with it anyway.

edit - he also seems to have something on his jaw... can that be removed?

edit again - maybe sitting on a puffy cloud like he's up in heaven and sitting on an ammo can. ;)

Edited by redtech