Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Can anybody hook a brother up - I'm looking for an animated bobble head using my avatar. I just would like the head to move, is this possible? Thank you for your cinsideration :)

4a16d74a23.gif

Bobble-heads...

this just cracks me up.

:o don't tell anyone I did this.

He's not on-beat with my music. I think he bobbles to the beat of a different drum.

Don't stare at it too long or you'll lose your marbles. I was able to upload this to a free image hosting service. GC.com doesn't do animated GIFs.

awsome, just awsome :)

Thank you

This is the first time I've been to this thread. All I can say is, WOW! I am impressed with the creativity of the designers and their responsivness to give back to the community.

If I may make a request and challenge your creativity levels, my two sons and I -- aka 6 Feet More -- would love to have a custom logo/avatar. Like many others, I have no software or enough creative brain cells to offer any suggestions. I am completely open to any ideas you might offer.

We live on the Gulf Coast of FL, use a Garmin 60CSx,

Andy, Drew and Max Mason

aka 6 Feet More

Thanks!

Saw your post and had a thought.... may not be what you're looking for, but I figured I'd give it a go... Let me know what you think...

small

6feetsmall.jpg

large

6feetlarge.jpg

Thanks for the effort. I like it, but the colors don't do anything for me. How about something with "6 Feet More" scrawled in the sand and maybe the footprints below and a compass star in the pic, too. Just a more specific idea.

Thanks for the effort. I like it, but the colors don't do anything for me. How about something with "6 Feet More" scrawled in the sand and maybe the footprints below and a compass star in the pic, too. Just a more specific idea.

I'll see what I can do when I get a chance... and anyone else feel free to jump right on this one... I'm in no means as good at this stuff as these other guys...

Angie

I really hate to ask as it seems you're overwhelmed but I give up. I have tried to make my own avitar and failed. So I ask the pros. I've been trying to create something with a mountain background ( no snowcaps) and a rose compass. We are a family of five who really enjoy hiking as well as geocaching. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

37339317-b35e-443a-9c7c-90ac0e1b8c11.jpg

4730e400-7d35-4969-af1a-ccfa03f4db88.jpg

The second one is not just a smaller version of the first. I touched it up a little to improve the visibility of the lettering...or, at least that is what I was trying to do. I know what it looks like to me, but sometimes it looks different to the unbiased eye. If you see anything you think needs to be changed, I'll see what I can do.

When you asked for mountains without snowcaps I didn't realize how much the snow-capped ones dominated my database. It was a unique request in that respect.

I'll see what I can do when I get a chance... and anyone else feel free to jump right on this one... I'm in no means as good at this stuff as these other guys...

Angie

I don't know if I can do better than 3e651ba7-40e9-4774-99a6-b9381bb58043.jpg. It's a tough call. I mean, from my perspective I see FamilyMac offer 3e651ba7-40e9-4774-99a6-b9381bb58043.jpg and then 6 Feet More says that 3e651ba7-40e9-4774-99a6-b9381bb58043.jpg isn't what they had in mind, and here I'm scratching my head wondering what's going on.

:D Oh, well. Just to be fair I'll offer this avitar for 6 Feet More:

3e651ba7-40e9-4774-99a6-b9381bb58043.jpg

If you can't see the image, don't look at me. I can see it just fine. :o

(That was a joke, by the way).

I don't know if I can do better than 3e651ba7-40e9-4774-99a6-b9381bb58043.jpg. It's a tough call. I mean, from my perspective I see FamilyMac offer 3e651ba7-40e9-4774-99a6-b9381bb58043.jpg and then 6 Feet More says that 3e651ba7-40e9-4774-99a6-b9381bb58043.jpg isn't what they had in mind, and here I'm scratching my head wondering what's going on.

:D Oh, well. Just to be fair I'll offer this avitar for 6 Feet More:

If you can't see the image, don't look at me. I can see it just fine. :o

Ya know... that's exactly what I have seen on a lot of the pictures, not only on this thread but many of them. Even your bobblehead one the first 5 or so times I accessed the thread after you posted it. Then all of a sudden it decided to up and work... I don't understand it... there's a lot of things that leave me scratching my head as well.... like the nano in the trees we were looking for tonight... think I was personally introduced to every mosquito in the county... or at least in the area I was in.... my head isn't the only thing I'll be scratching after all those bites.... *itchy itchy*

It's time for sleeping now... so I bid you all adieu (I think I spelled that right)... or as us redneck/hillbilly folks say "Nite Y'all"!!!

Angie

FamilyMac Matriarch

We just found this post - we are fairly new to these forums. We have been trying to come up with an avatar but we are not very good at it. If someone out there is willing to help us out - that would be great.

Our cache name - Geosliders - came from our first cache that was done in the winter - the hilly trails were covered in ice so we slid down most of them - standing, sitting, sideways - we covered them all and had a blast. We are a family of five and our favorite caches are mountain trails and preserves. We don't take our selves to seriously and would love an avatar that reflects that.

Thanks so much for any help!! :D

I really hate to ask as it seems you're overwhelmed but I give up. I have tried to make my own avitar and failed. So I ask the pros. I've been trying to create something with a mountain background ( no snowcaps) and a rose compass. We are a family of five who really enjoy hiking as well as geocaching. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

37339317-b35e-443a-9c7c-90ac0e1b8c11.jpg

4730e400-7d35-4969-af1a-ccfa03f4db88.jpg

The second one is not just a smaller version of the first. I touched it up a little to improve the visibility of the lettering...or, at least that is what I was trying to do. I know what it looks like to me, but sometimes it looks different to the unbiased eye. If you see anything you think needs to be changed, I'll see what I can do.

When you asked for mountains without snowcaps I didn't realize how much the snow-capped ones dominated my database. It was a unique request in that respect.

Thank you so much! It is awesome. You did fantastic job and we're thrilled. We just can't thank you enough for all your hardwork.

I was wondering if there was anybody out there who could improve upon our "Smiley G" logo or our "WMC Brand". We actually have two avatars that we use interchangeably, I'll include them both. Perhaps something that incorporates both?

You can choose one and modify just that one, or you can work with both of them together. Thanks! :lol:

The "Smiley G"

0c736516-8100-4a19-b6a5-9e05ba440cba.jpg

The "WMC Brand"

3343bd43-36d6-49b7-8322-0f9a106ce1ca.jpg

No takers? :(

Matt

After not having an avatar for most of my adult life, I suddenly feel the need for one. Perhaps this will pass. Perhaps it's just gas.

Anyway, I'm a cellist professionally, and often hunt geocaches on the way to/from gigs, so some kind of cello/gps thingie would be cool. Any ideas? Thanks!

Small:

3ce0512b-b1b4-4dfa-80e8-a129cdf65ca6.jpg

Big:

a12866f3-e2b9-40df-bc33-cf25390b9b62.jpg

Wow, this one really turned out to be a lot of fun. Most enjoyable one yet. :lol: Thanks for the challenge.

We just found this post - we are fairly new to these forums. We have been trying to come up with an avatar but we are not very good at it. If someone out there is willing to help us out - that would be great.

Our cache name - Geosliders - came from our first cache that was done in the winter - the hilly trails were covered in ice so we slid down most of them - standing, sitting, sideways - we covered them all and had a blast. We are a family of five and our favorite caches are mountain trails and preserves. We don't take our selves to seriously and would love an avatar that reflects that.

Thanks so much for any help!! :(

I don't know if this is what you want but it is a shot. My creative cap isn't working well tonight. :lol:

c8936b33-d916-438c-a4c0-335e1b826f9f.jpg

Angie

:( Oh, well. Just to be fair I'll offer this avitar for 6 Feet More:

If you can't see the image, don't look at me. I can see it just fine. :lol:

Seriously, are there supposed to be visible images in the preceding posts?

After not having an avatar for most of my adult life, I suddenly feel the need for one. Perhaps this will pass. Perhaps it's just gas.

Anyway, I'm a cellist professionally, and often hunt geocaches on the way to/from gigs, so some kind of cello/gps thingie would be cool. Any ideas? Thanks!

Small:

3ce0512b-b1b4-4dfa-80e8-a129cdf65ca6.jpg

Big:

a12866f3-e2b9-40df-bc33-cf25390b9b62.jpg

Wow, this one really turned out to be a lot of fun. Most enjoyable one yet. :lol: Thanks for the challenge.

Wow!!!!!!!!! That totally rocks!

I owe you big time. Get in touch next time you're in Nashville!

Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!

Steve

Is this more along the lines you were looking for?

large

6feetlrg.jpg

small

6feetsm.jpg

Edited by FamilyMac

Is this more along the lines you were looking for?

large

6feetlrg.jpg

small

6feetsm.jpg

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Thank you very, very much!!! :laughing:

OK - Hopefully this isn't asking too much we really appreciate that you did this for us and how quickly you did it. The kids love the picture - they were wondering if there was a way to make the five of us sliding down the side (even if you had to change the photo) - any kind of figures that look like 2 adults and 3 kids and then our Geosliders name sliding around us. I have no idea what this takes as far as time - if we are asking for a lot please feel free to tell us - thank you again for helping us - this is fantastic!

I was wondering if there was anybody out there who could improve upon our "Smiley G" logo or our "WMC Brand". We actually have two avatars that we use interchangeably, I'll include them both. Perhaps something that incorporates both?

You can choose one and modify just that one, or you can work with both of them together. Thanks! :)

The "Smiley G"

0c736516-8100-4a19-b6a5-9e05ba440cba.jpg

The "WMC Brand"

3343bd43-36d6-49b7-8322-0f9a106ce1ca.jpg

No takers? :)

Matt

A little highlight added:

942aad03c7.jpg

Smaller:

2efe864a2f.jpg

With a contrasting background:

afb0f99bed.jpg

Smaller:

9885884008.jpg

Hey all!

I wonder of anyone can come up with with something suitable for me.

I am from West "By God" Virginia and spend most of my free time Fly-fishing for trout in our beautiful streams and rivers. My latest cache placement, GC14QJD, was inspired by the place that I caught and released my largest trout to date, a 26" Rainbow Trout. Here is a pic: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Cad...hatYokum2-1.jpg

My other passions are Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey and of course Geocaching.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Troutbum1

1. Upload your avitar
  2. Select the image to be your avitar
  3. Click to save your updated profile
  4. Click the "forums" option at the left side of the screen
  5. Enter the forums

Sometimes people make the mistake of entering the forums through the "history" option on their browser. Unless you get to the forums through the GC.com website, your new avitar will not update to the forums.

I love geocaching. And I love dogs. My name is Jen.

Thus my caching name is: J-Dog.

I use a Border Collie to represent myself. I love this breed and have had two of them.

Ive always wanted an avatar that incorporated the Border Collie and a GPS somehow.

Or heck, anything would be nice.

Thanks,

J-Dog (aka Jen)

I love geocaching. And I love dogs. My name is Jen.

Thus my caching name is: J-Dog.

I use a Border Collie to represent myself. I love this breed and have had two of them.

Ive always wanted an avatar that incorporated the Border Collie and a GPS somehow.

Or heck, anything would be nice.

Thanks,

J-Dog (aka Jen)

28485da108.jpg

Bark! Bark! Woof! Bark!

Ok, four more requests for you talented folks out there

Ducky

She loves ducks. Real ones. But especially rubber duckies. She has quite the collection. She loves water. She loves cats too. Caching name is Ducky. Uses an etrex legend.

Caterp1llar

She loves dogs. Has a rotweiler. Loves shopping. Has a 5th or 6th degree black belt. Her caching name is caterp1llar. Uses a magellen.

KillerB

His hides are incredible. He has "stung" plenty of chachers with his hides. He lives in NY part of the year and is a snow bird in Fla the rest of the year. His faithful caching companion is "A Dog Named Bo". His avatar would have to include a Killer bee or any bee for that matter. He has a magellen

Butterfly Guy

He uses a magellen. He loves butterflies. He hunts for caterpillar cocoons. He is a mason by trade. one heck of a cacher.

Well I have drawn something of what I was looking for but after seeing what designers here have come up with I was hoping for a little help. This is what I have so far.

bd7aaa93-d283-425b-9b38-51f4383a3574.jpg

I want him to look more like a girl with wild and crazy hair. I was also wanting to try and add something related to scuba diving or to the beach. Or would that be too much??? Anyone with any other suggestions or anyone that can help me out? Any help is greatly appreciated. Especially since I'm obviously no real artist... :blink:

Hi,

I'm artistically challenged and would love an avatar showing a Blue Rabbit. I'm in the process of creating a new account for me and my wife centered around the blue bunny stamp we've been leaving in cache logbooks. If anyone could lend a hand, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

------------------------

Do you need an Avatar?

Do you need help with a current Avatar?

Do you have questions about Avatars?

This is your place

Many people ask for help on their avatars. Well, I like to help and so do many other people in the forums.

This is your place to bring them to our attention.

How can we help you today?

b292c77b-bc27-421c-bad2-2db7b00a0f63.jpg

P.S. : And now a word from Jeremy to anyone who is going to make an avatar.

3_600.jpg

"Please don't make derivatives of the logo. Legal mumbo jumbo forces me to say this. Come up with something unique and original."

For more info about Groundspeaks Logo Usage Policy....Click Here!

Hi,

I'm artistically challenged and would love an avatar showing a Blue Rabbit. I'm in the process of creating a new account for me and my wife centered around the blue bunny stamp we've been leaving in cache logbooks. If anyone could lend a hand, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

If you could post the stamp image and your new account name, that would probably be very helpful.

I woke up one day... and realized I was avatar-less! Shock! Embarrassment!

I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler. But I'd showers thanks all over someone, if I could get a little picture of Kilroy peeking over a GPS... with the words, "Sioneva was here!" underneath. Not exactly original, but it's my log-signing style. :blink:

I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler. But I'd showers thanks all over someone, if I could get a little picture of Kilroy peeking over a GPS... with the words, "Sioneva was here!" underneath. Not exactly original, but it's my log-signing style. :anitongue:

Loved this one! Had to take a shot at it... how's this?

SionevaAv.jpg

I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler. But I'd showers thanks all over someone, if I could get a little picture of Kilroy peeking over a GPS... with the words, "Sioneva was here!" underneath. Not exactly original, but it's my log-signing style. :anitongue:

Loved this one! Had to take a shot at it... how's this?

SionevaAv.jpg

Nevermind! Like it JUST as it IS! Many thanks!!

Edited by Sioneva

Well I have drawn something of what I was looking for but after seeing what designers here have come up with I was hoping for a little help. This is what I have so far.

bd7aaa93-d283-425b-9b38-51f4383a3574.jpg

I want him to look more like a girl with wild and crazy hair. I was also wanting to try and add something related to scuba diving or to the beach. Or would that be too much??? Anyone with any other suggestions or anyone that can help me out? Any help is greatly appreciated. Especially since I'm obviously no real artist... :anitongue:

Oops... missed the scuba part of your request... here's what I have so far:

SanityEndsHere.jpg

Hi,

If you could post the stamp image and your new account name, that would probably be very helpful.

Here's what I've got as an example of what I wanted to do with it. Because I don't know the name of the account you wanted to set up, I used your current name, for now.

9d92d66a9e.jpg

1430c8eb2a.jpg

I couldn't decide which image I preferred, so I'm posting both. You can tell me if this is something like what you wanted, or should we go in a different direction.

Edited by nonaeroterraqueous

We are a geocaching family of six...All our kid's name begin with the letter "A" and I have been trying, without luck, to come up with an avatar of four aces and saying "caching in since '06" or something similiar...Any help would be appreciated...Thanks in advance!

This is cool! Can you do it with "Blue Bunny Brigade" as it's the name of the new acocunt? Thank you so much!

Hi,

Here's what I've got as an example of what I wanted to do with it. Because I don't know the name of the account you wanted to set up, I used your current name, for now.

9d92d66a9e.jpg

1430c8eb2a.jpg

I couldn't decide which image I preferred, so I'm posting both. You can tell me if this is something like what you wanted, or should we go in a different direction.