Got The Vest With 14 Pockets

I need a ruling on this one.

My adventure hat (cowboy hat shaped made of felt ) just does not go with my new vest. I think this vest cries out for a matching pith helmet. My spousal unit disagrees. She thinks it is a bit over the top, unless I am actually on safari.

What thinketh thee?

I can see retiring the worn-out cowboy hat but I'd opt for a Geocaching ball cap as a replacement. The only people wearing pith helmets any more are beekeepers with their veils hung on them. A nice ballcap has a sporty look without shouting, "Hey I'm an uber-geek!"

If you're really confident of your manhood, you could wear a stocking cap worn at a rakish angle thereby giving yourself an air of mystery. . .

I need a ruling on this one.

My adventure hat (cowboy hat shaped made of felt ) just does not go with my new vest. I think this vest cries out for a matching pith helmet. My spousal unit disagrees. She thinks it is a bit over the top, unless I am actually on safari.

What thinketh thee?

If you have any concerns about appearances, your spouse is absolutely right. If you don't care about the odd looks from others and want to completely look the part, then go for it.

I bought a Tilley last year for camping. As soon as the camper's set up, I slam it on my head. Fairly waterproof as well. I'm there to relax and have fun, might as well wear a good hat!

Now the Pith Helmet, that'd be the cat's pajamas...

Bnolan, Go ahead and do it! I ordered one... :mad::grin: I hope it comes before next week's camping trip w/Dad. Be a kick to see his face!

Edited by oneeyesquare

dude you can't give up an adventure hat!

old cowboy (like) hats are like wine... they become better with age...

There are 3 routes you could take on this one

loose the adventure hat (no!)

loose the new vest

or loose the spousal unit

...looks like its between the spousal unit and the vest man... :huh:

snip snip - - -

Some Tilley hats are not too bad.

I ordered my new Tilley T4 yesterday! Thanks again for the link. With a little bit of a quick search I was able to find it for just under $50.

Now if it would only make me look as good as the guy in their advertisement. . .