Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

CONGRATS to K-Ddid for reaching #400 at GCWV2H For the Hike of it #2

Hey there is trouble brewing here in Cache-cadian Land. Our senior citizens are out numbering the younger set for milestones, :laughing:

:rolleyes: Hey, thanks Gadget. What I have been wondering is when the dramatic threesome of Gadget, G-people and the Nav are going to tackle Palisade Peak GCN1CO. It has been 14 months since I was there. It has been lonesome since. :laughing:

Edited by K-Ddid

CONGRATS to K-Ddid for reaching #400 at GCWV2H For the Hike of it #2

Hey there is trouble brewing here in Cache-cadian Land. Our senior citizens are out numbering the younger set for milestones, :laughing:

:rolleyes: Hey, thanks Gadget. What I have been wondering is when the dramatic threesome of Gadget, G-people and the Nav are going to tackle Palisade Peak GCN1CO. It has been 14 months since I was there. It has been lonesome since. :laughing:

So which group are you putting me in? I'm not allowed to order the 25 cent senior coffee at McDonalds yet. :laughing:

G-people needing some caches to find? I hear caches on Entiat Ridge and Stevens Pass area calling. :laughing:

I was in McDonalds for a senior coffee recently and they charged 85 cents -K-Ddid

:laughing: Hey, thanks Gadget. What I have been wondering is when the dramatic threesome of Gadget, G-people and the Nav are going to tackle Palisade Peak GCN1CO. It has been 14 months since I was there. It has been lonesome since. :laughing:

As soon as Mr. Gadget offers to take me out 4-wheelin with him (ATV style). I've been patiently waiting for the invite. :rolleyes:

:laughing: Hey, thanks Gadget. What I have been wondering is when the dramatic threesome of Gadget, G-people and the Nav are going to tackle Palisade Peak GCN1CO. It has been 14 months since I was there. It has been lonesome since. :laughing:

As soon as Mr. Gadget offers to take me out 4-wheelin with him (ATV style). I've been patiently waiting for the invite. :rolleyes:

I got to go with him ATV style. Raring to go again.

The Birdy(s) blew through town yesterday for some shopping, caching and cache maintenance. Sorry it was too hastly planned to get together but we cleaned up a few and Mr G frustrated us on one. We are off to Idaho on Sunday and hope to do some heavy caching. Why else schedule four days to cover 700 miles [:(].

Barnabirdy(s)

SMILESDo not get any bigger than the one on g-peoples face when she found Buried Treasure GC7157. Yes a 5 star difficulty cache. It was not until a little later when the tally was re-figured, this turned out to be #600. This was the real excitement! "Good Job gpeople and I am glad to share this milestone.

Congrats G's.

I remember that cache. I remember thinking of what a trashy area it had become with the dumping of appliances, drug paraphernalia and also wondering how it was approved since the cache itself is buried. We were hesitant to CITO much out given the nature of the trash. When I visited, the area looked pockmarked with all the unfilled holes of previous search attempts. It's a pretty and interesting area, I certainly hope it looks better than it did then. Funny, everytime I drive by that area (I did just yesterday too), I think of stopping in and seeing if it has gotten better, maybe I would have seen you if I had been awake on that section of road.

-R-

Hello From Las Vegas.

I drove down into California today and did 3 caches just across the border from Nevada. That makes this years states I have worked WA, NV, ID, OR MT, CA, AZ. Now I just have to get to the rest of the country. I did a total of 15 caches today while I had a car. Found a ghost town and 3 Nevada Historic markers.

Have fun up there and see you in a couple of days.

Jon :laughing:

Blue J

Hello From Las Vegas.

I drove down into California today and did 3 caches just across the border from Nevada. That makes this years states I have worked WA, NV, ID, OR MT, CA, AZ. Now I just have to get to the rest of the country. I did a total of 15 caches today while I had a car. Found a ghost town and 3 Nevada Historic markers.

Have fun up there and see you in a couple of days.

Jon :P

Blue J

Sounds like your having fun. Now you've got the western states covered. Good job. If you're working Saturday I'll see you at the airport as I'm headed to Austria again.

I am off Saturday. The schedule at work is a little messed up. I had 3 days off, :) worked Saturday 10/21, :unsure: am on vacation for a week :) , work Sunday 10/29, ;) and have 3 days off :) . Thats the last time I take vacation when it is time for schedule rotation.

Have fun in Austria. You are racking up the frequent flyer miles this year.

Edited by Blue J Wenatchee

Robinego is off again to walk 60 mies in 3 days. Even though it is in Southern California, it is almost a month later this year.

How about sending here some good luck encouragement. She may need it this year as Old Mother Nature is not being quite as kind. Remember she walks because she can not walk away. Good luck Robin and we'll waitig to hear from you after you cross the finish line for the fifth time. -G-

Edited by Mr. Gadget #2
Robinego is off again to walk 60 mies in 3 days. Even though it is in Southern California, it is almost a month later this year.

How about sending here some good luck encouragement. She may need it this year as Old Mother Nature is not being quite as kind. Remember she walks because she can not walk away. Good luck Robin and we'll waitig to hear from you after you cross the finish line for the fifth time.

Robinego left on the plane last night and was headed South. She was excited to be on the road. We gave her a good luck hug and some other tokens of our thanks and sent her on the way.

Good luck Robin. Our thoughts and prayers are with you on your walk.

Jon

Remember when I used to do stats of hides in a 20 mile radius of the Wenatchee area. I must have been completely bored, :blink: anyway, I was a little curious as to how the area has been doing recently. Looks like September hides set a new record. In September 2003 there were 5 hides, September 2004 there were 3 hides, September 2005 there were 14 hides, and in September 2006 there were 16 hides. Not bad!!

But....October was a different story. October 2003 there were 3 hides, October 2004 there were 7 hides, October 2005 there were 10 hides and October 2006........... 2 hides (both by K-Ddid, and they were 9 and 16 miles out of town).

So far in November there have been zero hides (there were 9 hides in November last year).

So you're right Mr. Gadget, things are way too quiet here in Cachecadian Land. I think we need a revival.

Edited by The Navigatorz

So far in November there have been zero hides (there were 9 hides in November last year).

I saw that as a challenge and have a new one out :blink:

I see that...in Chelan. And I was just there yesterday. :blink:

HEE Heee Heee hee hee hee...... :huh:

We hid another in Manson but I gotta move it a little bit before I can get it approved.....

We will probably archive Dehydrated and Anchors Aweigh on our next trip to Wenatchee, most likely this week, if anyone has been putting off going for them. If the weather is decent we may try for Rooster Comb, otherwise it will be Quincy and sweep up the new ones on the way back

K&A

Why are you archiving those caches? Too bad- We really got a kick out of dehydrated!

We will probably archive Dehydrated and Anchors Aweigh on our next trip to Wenatchee, most likely this week, if anyone has been putting off going for them. If the weather is decent we may try for Rooster Comb, otherwise it will be Quincy and sweep up the new ones on the way back

K&A

Does archiving your caches mean you will be hiding new ones? Right on!!