Post Your Spring And Summer Events Here

JMBella

I'm planning a Long Island summer cache event but want to make sure it doesn't conflict with any other events nearby. I figured if all the events were posted in one spot it would be easy for everyone to check. Maybe we can pin this topic.

I'm thinking the LI event will be in August, but it's not written in stone yet.

Sunday, 16 May 2004: "Cardio Event" (Binghamton, NY Area)

Saturday, 12 June 2004: 2004 New York Area Cachers Picnic! (Rochester, NY Area)

Saturday, 14 August 2004: Second Annual NYGO Picnic (Syracuse/Albany Area I think)

Saturday, 18 September 2004: Second annual Capital Region Geocachers Picnic (Albany Area 2 day event)

Saturday, 16 October 2004: Letchworth Fall Gathering III (Letchworth SP)

Edited by OurWoods

There is a Beachfront Bonfire on the weekend of June 12th, which is the same weekend as the Geo Jamboree 2. Planet & I like to confuse everyone and always have geo events on the same day, just like the Valentine events.

I LIKE THAT IDEA!!! WHO EVER CANT GO TO THE OTHERS WILL COME TO THIS ONE.

HEY JMB I THINK HAVING ONE ON LI WILL BE A GREAT IDEA. IF I COULD EVER MAKE IT TO A CACHE EVENT I WILL BRING THE BOOZE. <_<

A GOOD PLACE COULD BE JONES BEACH, OR ROBERT MOSES, LONG BEACH.

NOT MANY CACHES OUT THERE. JUST AN IDEA. A LONG ISLAND BEACH EVENT.

I HAVE THE VOLLYBALL NET!!!

LET ME KNOW SYNCORE

Edited by SYNCORE
There is a Beachfront Bonfire on the weekend of June 12th, which is the same weekend as the Geo Jamboree 2. Planet & I like to confuse everyone and always have geo events on the same day, just like the Valentine events.

I LIKE THAT IDEA!!! WHO EVER CANT GO TO THE OTHERS WILL COME TO THIS ONE.

HEY JMB I THINK HAVING ONE ON LI WILL BE A GREAT IDEA. IF I COULD EVER MAKE IT TO A CACHE EVENT I WILL BRING THE BOOZE. <_<

A GOOD PLACE COULD BE JONES BEACH, OR ROBERT MOSES, LONG BEACH.

NOT MANY CACHES OUT THERE. JUST AN IDEA. A LONG ISLAND BEACH EVENT.

I HAVE THE VOLLYBALL NET!!!

LET ME KNOW SYNCORE

Ya know, you might be onto something there. After all Long Island IS known for it's beaches. Hmmm.... I think I like it. What beach out that way can you 4x4 on? dadgum, that really is a kick a** idea. "The Long Island Beach Party Cache Event." Sweet!!

Wait a sec!!! I am the food committee on this one, Connecitcut A-Team is the organizer, date picker, head chief. I'm just the cook and bottle washer. :ph34r:

So what's in your cooler?

Hey jm glad you like the idea JMB. I just threw it out there, but the beach is a cool spot for a event. The whole family and friends can come or just do the beach thing. Some spots BBQ are ok, and also jeeps( but my vdub wont make it on sand)! :P

good luck

Edited by SYNCORE
Pine Barrens CITO & Picnic - June 12. More info to follow.

That makes THREE events within easy drive of many people all on the same day. If this one isn't set in stone like the first 2, maybe it would be a good idea to consider a change in weekends?

There is a Beachfront Bonfire on the weekend of June 12th, which is the same weekend as the Geo Jamboree 2.  Planet & I like to confuse everyone and always have geo events on the same day, just like the Valentine events.

I wonder if I can hit all three of those.  :)  That would be cool.

We'll see you at the bonfire at midnight, LOL! Just kidding, but...I don't think anyone has pulled off going to 3 cache events in 3 states yet... :)

Edited by Polgara
I wonder if I can hit all three of those.  :)  That would be cool.

We'll see you at the bonfire at midnight, LOL! Just kidding, but...I don't think anyone has pulled off going to 3 cache events in 3 states yet... :)

Sounds like a challenge to me.

Pine Barrens CITO & Picnic - June 12.  More info to follow.

That makes THREE events within easy drive of many people all on the same day. If this one isn't set in stone like the first 2, maybe it would be a good idea to consider a change in weekends?

Uh, yeah, it pretty much is set in stone.

The GC calendar is full of events, and my own calendar is pretty full, too. Not many weekends to choose from. There's always gonna be some scheduling conflict.

I wonder if I can hit all three of those.  :mad:  That would be cool.

We'll see you at the bonfire at midnight, LOL! Just kidding, but...I don't think anyone has pulled off going to 3 cache events in 3 states yet... B)

LOL

With the help of a whole lot of this! B):mad:

7ec9d799-85b4-4cd5-aa45-8adaa428ddda.jpg

Edited by Polgara
I wonder if I can hit all three of those.  :o  That would be cool.

We'll see you at the bonfire at midnight, LOL! Just kidding, but...I don't think anyone has pulled off going to 3 cache events in 3 states yet... :unsure:

LOL

With the help of a whole lot of this! :P:o

7ec9d799-85b4-4cd5-aa45-8adaa428ddda.jpg

Great job in the research. Who wants to be my designated driver!!! :lol:

Getting back to the events this summer. Looks like July is pretty open. I'm looking at July 10th or the 17th. Both are Saturdays. I'd like to get some NJ and CT people out to the Island. I'm sure IV will come out from PA because he's just crazy like that. ;) Whatta ya think?

Getting back to the events this summer. Looks like July is pretty open. I'm looking at July 10th or the 17th. Both are Saturdays. I'd like to get some NJ and CT people out to the Island. I'm sure IV will come out from PA because he's just crazy like that. :) Whatta ya think?

Actually, I have to work a lot of Saturdays, but if I have advance notice, I can generally get the weekends off that I want. So if you're gonna do this on a Saturday, and want me there, don't wait until the last minute to plan it, decide on a date in the next week or two, so I can ask for it off :D

Oh, also Nomad and the Librarians have planned theBrown Bag Bug Swap for May 29, 11:00am-1:00pm.

JUNE 12-13, 2004 on the shore of Lake Zoar in CT.

2nd Annual Geo Jamboree

We've now filled all campsites for section A (that's about 50 people!), but there are still sites to be had in nearby section D.

Plenty of new caches placed for the event, including hydrocaches (there will be plenty of canoes/kayaks there, so even people without a boat can team up), and one of RJFerret's (in)famous night caches. Also special geogames for the kiddies, and a class on GPS use for beginners and experts alike. We will have guests from local and state police, fire & EMS companies there to teach how to use GPS to locate lost or injured hikers.

Hope to see ya there!

Edited by Mopar

Hi,

The Northern New York Geocachers will be hosting a get-together and YJTB distribution event. We will be holding the event in Long Lake or Indian Lake once the YJTBs have shipped, I am hoping for June 19 or 20, but we will see.

More information as this event unfolds,

nfa

ps - all of this is predicated on the belief that TPTB will ship NNYGeo some YJTBs.

Edited by NFA

Night Sweats 2: Beer and Wings Night June 9th in Clifton, NJ. (I am jumping the gun abit since it hasn't been approved, but I hope so soon. :tongue: ).

:blink:

* no need to bring a flashlight

* no mosquitoes, ticks or swamp gas

* no muddy puddles

* bring $$$ the nearest ATM is over a mile away according to one cacher

* no travel bugs under the age of 21

* no bloody bags of meat

* wheel chair accessible

* no annoying decoy reflectors

:lol:

I wonder if I can hit all three of those.  :lol:  That would be cool.

We'll see you at the bonfire at midnight, LOL! Just kidding, but...I don't think anyone has pulled off going to 3 cache events in 3 states yet... :back:

Hmmmm I wonder if we'll see JMBella at the bonfire....ready, set, GO!!!