Wi-fi Internet Connection

snaik

Have a wireless access point set up now in the house whicn can be accessed from the street, checked couple time. Anyone in coming through Perth welcome to to use it will send co-ords settings on request.

Great idea... I think I'll have to set ours up to be accessible for web-only from outdoors.

My company headquarters currently allows all visitors to use web-only WiFi when they visit. It leaks quite nicely out into the car-park and across the street to the local high school. Oops. They've learnt how to avoid hackers pretty quickly.

Cheers,

Stu

Sorry i'm a bit of a thicko sometimes.  :)  :D What exactly is it that you have set up?? :unsure:

A wireless access point.

That means that if you've got a WiFi device (wireless networked laptop/organiser), then you can pull up outside Snaik's house and surf the web for free, using a radio connection to his stuff which is connected to the internet.

Edited by stu_and_sarah
Sorry i'm a bit of a thicko sometimes.  :)  :P What exactly is it that you have set up?? :)

A wireless access point.

That means that if you've got a WiFi device (wireless networked laptop/organiser), then you can pull up outside Snaik's house and surf the web for free, using a radio connection to his stuff which is connected to the internet.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Stu & Sarah. I'm not as much a thicko now as I was before. :D:D:D

They've learnt how to avoid hackers pretty quickly.

Cheers,

Stu

lol - how bad were they hit? I managed to use an open access point in our office building the other day to update my cache page whilst the rest of the office network was down due to a planned power cut in the computer room. Worked pretty well.