Geo Coins

I looked into having some minted but decided to purchase 2-3 from several of those who already have them made up. An initial production run can easily cost six to eight hundred dollars.

I've placed orders with Canada, Alabama, and Green Man. Still to buy from Texas and California after this initial order is placed out.

I'm a bit concerned about people just pocketing them but part of the solution is to make sure that there are enough of them out there to pass around.

I have one in my possesion that says it is from the state of Missouri. There is nothing with it that says where to go to log it. It does have a number, but no amount of searching has come up with a site that recognizes the number. I think I will keep it until I read something to help me out.

I have one in my possesion that says it is from the state of Missouri. There is nothing with it that says where to go to log it. It does have a number, but no amount of searching has come up with a site that recognizes the number. I think I will keep it until I read something to help me out.

I didn't see it on this list but it is the best source I've found so far on all the Geocoins that are out there.

Team Fisur's Geocoins Link

So I can get some clay and make my own? I was looking at some and can see how they could be a collectable. They are pretty cool. If I decide to get some I will try and write something to send with mine on the importance of its journey. The people that send it on it's way play a special part in the completion of its task. By logging it in they in turn become a part of history so to speak.

You might try a google search for Geocoins. We have done several searches when we wanted to have coins made and found pleanty of sites. Now we are making our own elongated geocoins.

How are you making an elongated coin? Your talking about squashing it like they do in a penny press right?

I have bought 3 or 4 geocoins, and they will be the last ones I buy. only 2 of the 4 I have released are still out and about. I have 15 TB tags and all of them are ok or in my possesion. Why the geocoins are way better and cooler, it makes them more apt to be stolen.

I would rather pay the same for the regular ole tags so I know they will be around longer.