Hey!

Bull Moose

In general, I think our Washington approvers are pretty darn quick, especially when I read all the complaints in the General Forum.

But are they too quick? Yesterday I submitted a cache. I like to get submissions in queue and then tinker with the listing, assuming I have a few hours. Yesterday Moun10bike approved my cache after about an hour! What gives! Can't I rely on slow service around here? Just because there are people out there who want to find the cache doesn't mean they shouldn't have to wait until my listing is perfect! :D

(Thanks Moun10Bike.)

Just wait until this weekend, when everyone is up at the VCM. *THEN* you'll hear complaints! :blink::lol:

Thanks for reminding me. :D

Fear not, Team Misguided will be chained to our computers this weekend while everyone else is goofing off.

That is except for when we sneak off to hide more evil Micros for Travis while he's out of town. :lol:

As a side note on the serious side. If you want to get your page submitted but then plan to tinker with it a bit you can uncheck the box in the submission form for 'This cache is Active' That will remove it from the review queue until you have the page looking just the way you want it. Then when you are ready to have it looked at, check the box again to make it active.

As a side note on the serious side. If you want to get your page submitted but then plan to tinker with it a bit you can uncheck the box in the submission form for 'This cache is Active' That will remove it from the review queue until you have the page looking just the way you want it. Then when you are ready to have it looked at, check the box again to make it active.

Yeah, but I figured I'll get this cache in line while I add Selector code, check spelling, etc. No big deal. I just wanted to thank Moun10Bike for getting it done so quick in a round-about way. Team Misguided does a pretty darn quick job too.

Team Misguided did an outstanding job on my recent cache. I too was caught thinking I would have a day or so to tweek things. Not only was the cache approved in less than two hours, it was found in another three! Five hours from hide to first find - can anyone beat that?

Sadly, I can beat that. And throw in a plundering too!

(note that the approval actually happened about an hour before I placed the container - just a few hundred yards from my office - I'll never do that again :-)

June 25, 2002 by pdxmarathonman

Quite possibly the fastest plundering ever!

Placed at 12:30pm.

fractal found it around 1:15pm, after another visitor?!?. I returned at 2:30pm in hopes of remedying the pencil situation only to find the contents spread on the path and the container in the creek

I was able to retrieve the container and all the contents.

Edited by pdxmarathonman
Five hours from hide to first find - can anyone beat that?

This one was probably close. About that, I'd guess. It depends on what time RWW got there.

How would you set up a fair competition for that?

I imagine a geographically defined play field, and X teams, each consisting of an approver and a seeker.

There are also X hiders, who hide similar caches at equal precoordinated difficulty and terrain levels, and who press the 'submit' button on the same date and time, unknown in advance to any of the approvers or seekers.

The approvers do not know which of the caches in the approval queue are the game caches. They are to approve caches as they come up. However, they are not to approve more than one cache within the play field area within a previously defined period.

No communication is allowed between approvers and seekers.

When the seeker sees a cache popping up within the playfield, he has to check whether it was approved by "his" approver. If it was by another approver, the seeker will grind his teeth and wait for another cache to show up in the playfield. If it was the right approver, he goes for it, signs the log, and rushes back to claim the find online.

Hmm.

Interesting thoughts, but it's more of an item of curiosity than a competition for me.

I think the FTF competition is intense enough sometimes, without adding in a "how quickly can my cache be found" competition.

I'd rather try one like HeadLlama and see how long my cache can go unfound, if it can be found at all.

Interesting thoughts, but it's more of an item of curiosity than a competition for me.

I think the FTF competition is intense enough sometimes, without adding in a "how quickly can my cache be found" competition.

I'd rather try one like HeadLlama and see how long my cache can go unfound, if it can be found at all.

Well my Dream Lake Cache is do9ing well in terms of time and unfound. It may very well be August before somebody gets it. I challenge those to try for it before then though.

Well my Dream Lake Cache is do9ing well in terms of time and unfound. It may very well be August before somebody gets it. I challenge those to try for it before then though.

Same for my Iceberg Cache on the Fairy Trail. But making a competition as to which cache would be hardest to find would be silly - we'd only get more needle in haystack caches with way-off coordinates. I know some people who have a pleasure in hiding such things, and consider it a challenge.

Same for my Iceberg Cache on the Fairy Trail. But making a competition as to which cache would be hardest to find would be silly - we'd only get more needle in haystack caches with way-off coordinates. I know some people who have a pleasure in hiding such things, and consider it a challenge.

I've got that one on my watch list, too. My 100th find was Geology Geocache #9: Glacial Glory, about 8 miles from there.

If I can make time to get up that way, I will hunt it.

Why wait until August?

I'm curious because I do plan on attempting it this summer sometime.

well, you can do it earlier. It'll be easier later in the year though.

I would've thought the first cache from Totem Lake would be in Totem Lake. :grin:

~chuckling~

The best places are already taken and this particular one had a purpose based on the TB Sep1c_tank swapped with me. I was actually in the process of planning a series to start off my hiding career, but had to get this moving as I was holding onto the TB far too long looking for an appropriate previously placed cache.

LOL - I was quite happy at 1 day; even surprised considering this was my first and I fully expected questions.

Thanks Team Misguided!

I am not dure when your hide was approved but I signed your log at 12:30 PM today. :grin:

And my find was logged at 12:56. how did I miss you runhills?