Closest Unfound Cache

Team DaSH

just did the second closest. :blink:

i'm  norm!!!!

NORM!

My closest still hasn't been found by anyone. It was placed by a 6th grade class, but no one is answering emails about it. My secont closest is still a virtual, are dogs allowed on NPS land? I'm getting my puppy this weekend, it would give me an excuse to take a mile hike to get that cache off my closest list.

Edited by Team GPSaxophone

My nearest is 7.1 miles, and I have 3 DNFs on it. Tomorrow I'll probably get a 4th.

There are always reasons for not doing a few of those close to home. I think that the really interesting question is how big the radius is, within which the number of unfound caches is stable, due to the fact that caches get hidden within that radius as fast as you find them within that radius. For me, that's about 35 miles, I believe.

My closest not found is 26.6 miles. It requires a boat to reach, and at this time of year it is almost impossible to rent one. Plus I don't have much experience manuevering a canoe. So I probably will go a while without finding it.

That is the only one I haven't found within 30 miles of my house. The 17 other caches within 40 miles of my house I haven't found break down like this:

4 caches I have DNFed

4 caches placed within the last couple of weeks that I haven't been able to get to

3 disabled

2 real long and somewhat complicated multis

1 puzzle cache

1 members only cache

1 real hard long multi (though listed as a regular) that is frequently DNFed.

1 cache that for no real reason I have never been able to attempt.

470 feet. It is at a library where you have to do a lot of research on things I am not interested in. Then it is also a multi with some projection. I have been at this long enough that I don't do any caches just because they are there. It is a nice cache in a library and some people will enjoy it. It's just not for me. Dick, W7WT

I counted them from work because I don't have a working computer at home right now. Only .4 miles but it's an annoying webcam cache which most of the active local cachers have been ignoring. I drive right by it every day but don't bother to 'find' it. Next closest is 1.4 miles but its new and I just got back froma 10 day vacation. Then there are a few puzzles that are also pretty new in the 2-5 mile range that I haven't solved yet. After that it goes to a few that are each half day hikes about 10 miles away.