New Cache

kitefan

When I'm around I check the queue for new caches at least twice a day. I will always try and attend to anything I find there immediately. If there are any questions I'll e-mail the owner straight away, otherwise I'll either approve it or deny it and send an explanation to the owner.

I know Eckington has a similar process. If either of us are away we will let each other know.

Most caches are therefore actioned within a day but at the very worst it should be no longer than a couple of days.

Is that why you have so many FTF's?????

:D:D:DB)B)B):D

I know yours was a lighthearted remark and is taken in that vein. :D

However it does raise a very valid point. I think people ought to be aware that there is a code of conduct for reviewers being developed and which should be published for all to see very soon.

One of the things covered is how reviewers treat information they have access to before other users. It is recognised that if a reviewer is responsible for approving a cache he/she will not attempt to find it for a "reasonable" time after approval. What is "reasonable"? Well this has been debated for some time but certainly not less than a week. I myself tend to leave caches I have approved at least a couple of weeks, usually more.

Hopefully by that time, and especially with my fading memory, any recollection of hints etc. will have long gone. :D:D:D

Any quick FTF's my alter ego finds these days are guaranteed to have been approved by Eckington (and vice versa).

How long before a new cache is approved?

I seem to remember one new cache... I called one of the approvers over, let him log in, and approve the cache immediately! The other approver would also have done it, but he was about 100mtrs away at the time!

(Ok, so it was at the Hants event last summer.... but time WAS of the essence, as the cache was THAT night!! Distance was no problem... the cache was only about 200 mtrs from where we all were!)

paul

I myself tend to leave caches I have approved at least a couple of weeks, usually more.

Any quick FTF's my alter ego finds these days are guaranteed to have been approved by Eckington (and vice versa).

In that case, I hope it was you who approved the 6 Regent Canal caches that have just appeared!!

:D:blink::unsure::D:D

Seasider!

Edited by Seasider
I myself tend to leave caches I have approved at least a couple of weeks, usually more.

In that case, I hope it was you who approved the 6 Regent Canal caches that have just appeared!!

:D:D:D:unsure::D

Seasider!

......Nope, it was Meeeee :D:blink::D

I'm still waiting on approval for my cache :unsure: It's been ages now.

Has Eckington gone away or something?

KF

No Kitefan I am still here :D:D:D , and as far as I know there is no cache of yours on the queue :blink: . Please email me with the name of the cache and the waypoint code and I will look into it. Sometimes reviewers cannot see a cache in waiting because the online form has not been completed :D . Typically this can happen if you have not ticked the box that says the cache is active........ :D

Cheers and Cache Well,

Eckington.

.....cancel that last post....just gone back to the queue and there it was, now don't ask me why!!!! The cache seems fine and is now approved! Much sorrow for the mystery, mistake, and lack of usual Eckington type consciencousness (or however it is spelt :unsure: )

Cheers and Cache Well,

Eckington

Paul Blitz

(Ok, so it was at the Hants event last summer.... but time WAS of the essence, as the cache was THAT night!! Distance was no problem... the cache was only about 200 mtrs from where we all were!)

Deego

Did you all run for the FTF 

Don't know about running for the first to find, but some of them certainly ran faster than they'd ever run before, on the way back to the showground after the night cache.

Debbie and I were asleep in our tent completely out for the count, when we were awoken suddenly by the sound of screeching tyres and people screaming. :D

A group of cachers headed up by who else but "OMALLY" :unsure: and Rob (Brambler) :D:D had surprised the security guards who later said that they had been so terrified at the sight of this "mob" emerging out of the blackness and heading towards them that the only thing they could think of doing was to drive at them at speed. :D

Apparently, there were a few lucky escapes as cachers hurled themselves over nearby embankments. :blink:

The skid marks in the car park the following morning were testiment to the previous night's activities.

Edited by THE BRAMBLERS

:D:D:D:D:D

Seasider!

:D They are still virgins!! :D

6 new caches close together in London and no-one has gone for them yet!! :D

SIX!! :blink:

What I wouldn't do for 6 new caches in my neck of the woods!! :D:D

Now, if I took the 08.15 Ryanair flight from Blackpool to Stanstead & then the Stanstead Express to Liverpool St - I could be within a couple of miles of the caches by 10.30am tomorrow! :unsure:

Off to take my medication! :D

SIX!! :D

Seasider

:D:D:D:D:D

Seasider!

:D They are still virgins!! :D

6 new caches close together in London and no-one has gone for them yet!! :D

SIX!! :blink:

What I wouldn't do for 6 new caches in my neck of the woods!! :D:D

Now, if I took the 08.15 Ryanair flight from Blackpool to Stanstead & then the Stanstead Express to Liverpool St - I could be within a couple of miles of the caches by 10.30am tomorrow! :unsure:

Off to take my medication! :D

SIX!! :D

Seasider

Calm down, John, calm down :D:D:D

Reminds me a bit of that old joke about the two bulls in a field. The young bull, seeing the herd of cows in the next field, gallops over to the old bull and says "Just lookat all those pretty girls. Come on... lets run down the hilll, jump over the wall and sh*g one."

The old bull turns and looks at him and says "Nope... we're gonna walk down the hill, go through the gate and sh*g 'em all."

Don't panic, John... the six caches will probably all still be there when you come this way again :unsure:

Reminds me a bit of that old joke about the two bulls in a field. The young bull, seeing the herd of cows in the next field, gallops over to the old bull and says "Just lookat all those pretty girls. Come on... lets run down the hilll, jump over the wall and sh*g one."

The old bull turns and looks at him and says "Nope... we're gonna walk down the hill, go through the gate and sh*g 'em all."

Don't panic, John... the six caches will probably all still be there when you come this way again  :huh:

:bad:

Yes, but they won't be virgins by the time I get there - old bull Hornet might have got there first! :blink::huh::blink::huh::mad:

Cheers!

Seasider