Would It Be To Aggravating (spelling I Know)

TimSkells

I'm sure lots of people would like it. Not everyone likes to hop out of the car and log the cache then be done, some people like an adventure. However, it would probably get fewer finds then a super easy cache, as alot of cachers only want easy ones. It's good to have lots of choices though.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=99760 hasn't been easy for anyone. I sure enjoyed it though.

The important thing is to understand your audience. The audience for a difficult cache is an adult and probably an adult without disabilities. You're going to get completely different visitors so you need to design the challenge and the web page description and the cache contents for the type of visistors you're expecting.

If you're making a cache that requires remembering what you learned in calculus class, then the entire cache should reflect that. And that's a lot different than making a cache for climbers or making a cache that's kid friendly.

would any one like a really hard cache near them that might take a few times to even find? or would that be to aggravating to you?

Is it after an 8 mile hike?

No, I don't think I would like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it a Cache&Dash that is just made to be difficult?

No, I don't think I would like that.

I have a cache like that. The more 'hard core' cachers spent a few days searching for it. Not many are going to search for it and fewer will find it, if you don't mind that go and place it. I eventually had to draw a diagram on how mine was hidden for the first finder. At the last event cache here it was talked about quite a bit.

Don't worry about those that complain about the difficulty, just make sure it is rated as difficult. There are many more cachers that like the 1/1 beside the road cache then difficult or long caches. I only do 1/1 beside the road caches to get them off my not found list, I don't like those easy ones that are not even in an interesting spot. Easy and in a nice location, ok, but where they stopped their car at random, no.

Difficult for the sake of being difficult? Sure! I am trying to come up with a cache based on the ratings system of what makes a 5/5. I think it would have to be a multi so I can avoid doing a 5 level hide after crossing level 5 terrain. As many will agree if the terrain is overly difficult the cache itself should be easily located.

I completed a 4/4 cache that was pretty hard. I had to scale a 15 foot rock face. A 5/5 would scare me in light of this cache however the area was great a series of 3 waterfalls that made it worth the trip.

just imagive a 5/5 cache at 3 am with no flash light and no GPS

can we say... the ultimate cache