Another Geocaching Book

CYBret

I popped on Amazon.com to look at some books and went ahead and pre-ordered Writer's book (you owe me, dude :lol: ). While there, I noticed another book called The Geocaching Handbook by Layne Cameron will be available soon.

Does anyone know anything about this one or about the author? It's been great having Eric here to read and post a bit, but I hadn't heard anything about this one at all.

Bret

Haven't heard anything.

Check out this LONG run-on sentence from the back of the book.

It includes a history of geocaching, instructions on creating a cache, hiding it, and sharing it with others, geocaching etiquette and conventions, basic land navigation techniques including using a GPS unit, basic backcountry safety and etiquette, where to look and where to hide, types of treasures, and everything the aspiring geocacher needs to get started in this fascinating, family-friendly, high-tech outdoor oriented pastime.

I sure hope the author does a better job inside the book.

Check out this LONG run-on sentence from the back of the book.

It includes a history of geocaching, instructions on creating a cache, hiding it, and sharing it with others, geocaching etiquette and conventions, basic land navigation techniques including using a GPS unit, basic backcountry safety and etiquette, where to look and where to hide, types of treasures, and everything the aspiring geocacher needs to get started in this fascinating, family-friendly, high-tech outdoor oriented pastime.

Ack! :lol:

Edited by carleenp

Why use a period when a comma will do just fine :lol:

A WELL written book has the information at your finger tips. It can be found in a table of contents or in an alphabetical list in the back. I have read the answers to some questions in the forums that just say read the old forums that point has been covered. I checked and there are 80 pages of threads under just getting started alone covering almost 4,000 topics! I have spent days reading some of this stuff and still need to learn more. I'll learn about gpsr fom my book and use the forums for geocaching and etiquette in my local area.