Your Favorite Post-caching Eatery?

joefrog

This subject was open before the forums went BOOM. So, here we go again.

Post the coords of your favorite post-caching eatery!

Here's a few of mine around B'ham:

Ken's BBQ

N33° 39.755

W086° 42.390

Real Pit BBQ (Don't let the name or the location fool ya!)

N33° 31.800

W086° 48.037

As far as I know, the ONLY Vietnamese restaurant in Birmingham:

Pho Que Huong

N33° 27.802

W086° 49.285

Rutts Hut The Hot Grill,  and Hot Dog Johnny's but you southerners wouldn't know anything about these places. You think your BBQ huts are all that.  Go ahead and eat your healthy barbecue, while I knock down 250 grams of fat, 5,300 calories and 3,000+ milligrams of sodium in one sitting. Mmmmmmmm!  :(

LOL... yeah buddy, that's much healthier!

The closest thing to southern BBQ you guys have up there (that I found while visiting) is "Virgil's BBQ" (152 W. 44th St., btw Broadway & 6th Ave). Funny thing about it was, BBQ (used as a noun, not the northern verb meaning) places down here are as frequent as pizza places up there. Guess they thought they were taking me someplace "unique!"

Edited by joefrog
The closest thing to southern BBQ you guys have up there (that I found while visiting) is "Virgil's BBQ" (152 W. 44th St., btw Broadway & 6th Ave).

You haven't been to my house. Sloooow cooked pork shoulder and ribs and my own sauce on the side. I get up at 6 am to start them, so they'll be ready by dinner time. Labor intensive, but worth it.

What's a Polish boy from NJ know about barbecue you ask? Enough.

Dreamland is OK for Bear Bryant but I want more than meat with a bone and white bread. I have yet to try the new resturants they have opened. My favorite resturant is in Orange Beach called Outriggers. BBQ is good but after 40 yrs of trying it all over the country I have lost some of my enthusiam. I recently had breakfast at the Burning Bush in Gatlinburg and would highly reccommend them.

I have to agree with Briansnat, all in the rub. My father-in-law has had a recipe for 5 generations now, and since he has no sons and I married his daughter, I got the recipe. Rub it in, let it set over night. WOW.

Okay, Bubba... I'm close enough to you that I can say "PROVE IT!" LOL... what night should we come over? :lol:

I don't have the coords, but if you're ever in Cumming, GA try Johnnie B's Chicago Eatery. I lived in Chi-town for a few years and developed an addiction to Italian Beef.

Try Johnnie's. Get it "dipped" with hot gairdanera, giardenro, giaardinareo, the hot Italian stuff. They also have Chicago hot dogs, Italian sausage, Polish sausage, burgers, etc and pizza. Don't forget the Rolaids.

Hello,

I have been gathering my own coordinates for good places to eat in Louisiana. I have them posted on my website. If you have a favorite restuarant and you would be willing to give more info, such as what to wear, how much to spend, what is the best dish to order. I would be happy to add your favorite place to my favorite places.

I also include historical spots and other places where caches aren't allowed or are too commercial for GS.

Thanks Gary

South Cache Website

Lawrenceville, GA "The Corner Stop Cafe" is right on the square downtown. To die for fried chicken, chicken fried steak, meat loaf, collards, field peas, okra, smashed taters, fried green maters... and the biggest sweet tea you ever seen. The only drawback is they're only open for lunch on weekdays, and there's a line after 11:30.