Any Stargate fans?

Fakk 2

I am looking to see how many stargate fans are out there that would be interested in doing a stargate theme multi cache/ tb game event.

The basic concept would be to set up multiple micro caches that contained a log and a specific chevron. The chevron would give a clue as to where the 2nd chevron was located, and so the SG team would need to get to the next Micro Cache. Once the completed the 7th chevron they would have the location as to where the final cache (stargate) is located.

Details aren't all worked out or the rules, I am just curious as to if there would be enough participation, and help to pull it off.

Love the show! Not too impressed with the young, "I'm so cool and rich" actors though.

At least it doesn't seem Richard Anderson (McGyver) has let his success go too far to his head.

If you set a Stargate theme up, let me know, perhaps I'll set up a gate here and see if we can have something materialize at both sites - keep your iris down!

"The hardest thing to find is something that's not there!"

If you edit your profile and stick a recognizable seventh chevron in it, I'd be more than happy to comment. Unfortunately, without a point of origin, I can't very well say whether it's a great idea of a poor idea. (Namely, if it's within 500 miles of me it's great; if it's over 1000 miles from me, it's poor.)

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

Okay my seventh chevron has engaged.

As for this event I am attempting to make this a non local event.

Each TB will have a cartouche attached to it.

When a TB makes it to a micro cache, there will be chevrons inside which you would take 1 and attach it to the TB. Each chevron will have a number on it as well. After you make it to the first 6 micro caches you will have the destination of the last cache and also the 6 numbers for the padlock that will be on the 8th cache. The first TB that collects all 6 chevrons makes it to the 7th to find out where the stargate (8th cache) And can then dial (unlock the padlock) offworld.

I am attempting to make a storyline behind it to involve not just SG teams, but maybe a a Azgaard team Nox team Ghould team (?sp?)etc.

The tbs will travel like regular tbs from cache to cache. So each person that finds the tb would have to add directions to it to get it to its next destination, the person finding the tb can then read where the micro is, get the chevron, then drop in another cache with directions.

I almost made a Stargate cache... A local park has a "gate" and I was going to theme it and use "heiroglyphs" from local banners (flags) to decypher the coords. Then I realized there was a better concept with broader appeal, and everyone has loved it.

So I used up my great Stargate venue--c'est la vie!

Enjoy,

Randy

quote:
Originally posted by Majick Man:

The tbs will travel like regular tbs from cache to cache. So each person that finds the tb would have to add directions to it to get it to its next destination, the person finding the tb can then read where the micro is, get the chevron, then drop in another cache with directions.

Would you be asking the everyday cacher to do this or the owners of the 'Gate caches? Seems a bit much for the ordinary cacher to have to do - some even find it tough to check the goals of the TBs before moving them on.

I liked the concept someone posted of Gating the bugs. Let's say... If one were to land in my Gate then I could grab it and mail it to another Gate owner. From there it would have to make it's way normally to the next Gate.

With Grace....

Graciella: I agree that it is a bit much for the regular caher that desnt read the goal of the TB. That is why I am looking for suggestions.

No matter how it is done though I am unable to think of a way to avoid a goal on the TB, and still make this a non local event.

So I am open to suggestions, any?

Also I noticed my location still not showing up for some reason, I am located in Cleveland Ohio.

Who is this "majicman wannabe" whom uses my moniker in such a misspelled fashion.

Does majicK man NOT know what a terrible burden he takes upon himself with such a moniker?

What if I was to log on here with handle of marCwell, or worse still: mitsuCo! Such acceptance of one's handle without full knowledge of the misery that might entail (if others were to assume that you were the "Spagheti-faced-boy" majicman, the original, the TRUE and one-and-only... oh well, better not said... he will find out as time goes on and change his handle out of sheer terror of my past!

--majicman

(MY new book is NOW AVAILABLE! Check it out: http://www.mcwj.com )

magicman: Oh please allow me to bow before you in apology (read deep sarcasm there).

I have used this handle for 14 yrs at other websites and in RL. And never had I come across anyone that acted as you. But if your panties are so bunched up that spaghetti is coming out of your mouth I will change it to another. It doesn't bother me.

So before I change my handle is there a list I can view so I don't create another handle that is being used whether exactly or phonetically?

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

Fan of the movie. Not SG1.

75-to-1 you don't like Babylon 5. If I'm wrong, you can request a free feature addition to Watcher. frog.gif

_[[[ http://clayjar.com/ ]]]_

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

You lost that bet. I have the first two seasons on DVD.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....