Wrong or empty Profiles

fairplay

quote:
Originally posted by gnbrotz:

"...I think that a large number of cachers don't even know they exist..."

I think you're bang on the money with that observation. Only a Sys Admin could confirm the actual stats, but my guess is that the vast majority of GeoCachers use this site for nothing more than... well... 'GeoCaching' (go figure). Those who participate in forum discussions (and, in turn, presumably see any value in posting a user profile) are in the minority. As for the 'forum regulars' who have little more than their user name as a calling card (ie: no profile whatsoever), that's certainly their choice to make. Personally, I think it's simply good online forum etiquette to give folks some idea of who it is that's behind your keystrokes.

ontario1.gif

I think at least half of the profiles out their are for acconts that are no longer active. And of those that are, (as has already been said) most probly don't even think about changing it. Course, if they were to come to these forums they might seem this thread and fill it in.... But visiting the forums also seems to be one of those things done by a minority.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

I really like it when someone makes a very location specific post and doesn't share where in the world they are.

"If your ever in my area there's a great cache I'd like you to visit."

Of course no profile and no "from" info at the bottom of there post.

The psychic friends network may be able to help.

39197_2100.gif

Do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

You only want pictures of the geo-babes to gawk at. icon_eek.gif

Seriously, though, profiles are doing exactly what they are meant to do - allow users to share as much about themselves as they feel comfortable.

I do agree with Leatherman, though. Just simply with regards to posting in the forums, it would be nice for folks to put their geographic region in their profile. It doesn't even have to be city/state or city/country. It can be region as far as I'm concerned.

---------------

burnout.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

quote:

I think that a large number of cachers don't even know they exist.

You're right.

I don't know if I exist or not and I know there are others that feel the same.

Do any of us really exist?

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Not everyone is so multi-faceted that they are interested in web forums and profiles, can use a GPS, like taking walks in the woods, know html code, have time to do all this, and also have some creativity with graphic software. icon_smile.gif

Some people like geocaching only because of the outdoor portion. They may not be so web-interested that they click on people's profiles, or even on "View your own profile" button. They'd rather use the time to be outside more.

And, subsequently, what gnbrotz said: they don't even know that bit exists!

-----

You must be present to win.

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

Everything perceived is relative. You exist only because I perceive it. Therefor you exist only because I allow it.

If I close my eyes will you disappear?

verlegen.gif

39197_2100.gif

Do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

quote:

I think that a large number of cachers don't even know they exist.

You're right.

I don't know if I exist or not and I know there are others that feel the same.

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.