Skunked by your own cache?

Yep, happened to me. Some of the locals actually coined a term and called it being Mountainsidedicon_rolleyes.gif. OK, someone moved it on me, but embarrasing just the same. I also had my butt kicked on one of my own caches. I went there for a miant trip and met a little more than I asked for. You can read the story in this cache's logs.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

Yep, had it happen to me also on this cache:Center Field

This cache is a micro hidden in a green termite baiting system station inserted in the ground, level with the surface in the middle of a field . It was not too hard to find in January when I placed it. But it's hard to find a 4 inch green disk in a field of clover in July.

I'm sure it's still there I just can't find it. So I put another one out. But I painted it blaze orange first.

Also i'm giving bonus points to whoever finds the green one first.

ant.gif

Yep, It also happened to me with htis cacheBlue as the Sky I had just checked up another of mine reported missing in action, which it was and decided to check the other. The last to find only three days before saw my note and mailed me a clue on where to find it. Sure enough moved over a meter away. Looked like a critter wanted the black string attached to the micro...Pretty funny icon_smile.gif

Without your brain, a map is a piece of coloured paper, a compass is a glorified magnet, and a GPS is a waterproof battery case." " Foothills SAR "

quote:
Originally posted by Ltljon:

Yep, me too. Went to check on http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=12347 & could not figure out where it was. Still haven't gotten around to replacing it. Funny how these area's change over time.

That was 7 months ago, shouldn't that be considered a vacation cache by now? icon_wink.gif

...couldn't even make it 10 miles down the street to check up on his own cache... icon_rolleyes.gif

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

Went with my bro to check on one of his after a post had it 100yd off, sure enough, after much searching and a little help we found it. Some jackass who thought he knew more had moved it. Why do people move caches? Do they think their cord. are better or are they just ignorant?