Too Many Polls?

briansnat

“Jim, congress wants us to do a poll.”

“No kiddin’ Rick. Let me guess – about geocaching?”

“Nope. Minnow buckets.”

“Minnow buckets? What the heck for? What’s controversial about minnow buckets. Nearly all the fisherman use ‘em around here”

“Yeah I know. Well it seems some geocacher was caching around the lake and stumbled across this bucket. He lifted the rock off of the lid, opened it and found 15 dead minnows plus three gasping for air. He was so upset he complained to his congressman and now we got to do this dumb poll. They want us to poll each visitor to the park what they think – should minnow buckets be allowed or not?”

“That’s going to be a pretty skewed poll what with the ATVers, mountain bikers, cross-country skiers and the like. Heck, what do they know about minnow buckets? They could care less.”

“In the meanwhile, I heard some fisherman got wind of this and to get even they’ve written to their congressman to complain about these ammo cans they keep finding in the park. They say these should be restricted to military reservations not public parks.”

“Hey I got an idea. Why don’t we do a poll to find out if the fisherman want to use ammo cans as minnow buckets and the geocachers want to use minnow buckets as caches.”

“Enough with polls already. Let’s get back to real work. Some geocacher’s been complaining that some bear’s been chewing on his Rubbermaid container.”

“Let’s tell the cacher to use a minnow bucket next time.”

Being from Florida, I did'nt want to cause any more confusion than nessacary, with the inevitable re-count then re-recount that would result from my vote, I think it is best that I obstain.

-------------------------------------------------

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

I don't post very much, but I like to vote in the polls. They let me voice a little opinion without cluttering up the forums with "me too" posts. I usually agree with someone else and they've already said it better than I could anyway.

I prefer the polls be relevant to some aspect of Geocaching, though. Occasional off-topics are fun, but not when they're the only ones we see for days on end.

----------------------------------------------------------

Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore,

You will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea.